It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Coast Ecosystem: Real Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I was just in the thread about the sea turtles dieing in the Gulf. Reading many smart ellic replies and nonsense when I came across one post that really caught my attention.

Originally posted by jaybirdo
Hi, I almost never post on ATS but I've been reading it for over a year. On the issue of the BP spill, I am a documentary filmmaker and I've been following it since it happened. I can assure you, there is a massive cover up taking place, I can't even begin to tell you how Mainstream Media resources are quelling the story of what's really happening down here. All the affected states, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida are aggressively targeting tourists to come to the coast, eat seafood and swim in the ocean.....if you do, please understand that you're not being told the truth about the Gulf. There are many, many sick people down here and the illnesses range from minor respiratory symptoms to death...yes death.

What's going on is a very complicated issue, because many of the fisherman are afraid to speak...this is their livelihood and they know BP is not going to continue to compensate them for destruction of the Gulf ecology. They must work and sell their product but I have personally spoken to shrimpers who will not eat their own product. If you read the article carefully, you will note that NOAA claimed the turtle deaths are due to shrimper nets. That is ridiculous, the shrimp season hasn't even started.

The government entities, state/federal - NOAA, Unified Area Command (Coast Guard), are in complete compliance with the cover up. Scientists have been bought out by BP....local and national media have been bought out by BP. The public has no idea what is going on down here.

I would offer this video interview as an example of one out of hundreds, if not thousands, of similar stories:

Clayton Matherne interview

I'm sure I will get attacked for posting this, especially on a conspiracy website...but this is a real conspiracy and people need to know.

I want to know what you all think. Something is telling me this poster is on to something. I know their isnt alot of evidence here to back this guy/girl up.

I have also sent a u2u to the poster aswell to get more information from them.

Sea Turtle Deaths

Link will take you to the thread and the page with the op. It also includes a interview and link.

Personally I believe their is more then meets the eye here. Any thoughts?
edit on 6-4-2011 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If thread is in the wrong forum I appologize.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The Coast Guard says a miles-long patch of discolored goop floating in the Gulf of Mexico appears to be caused by river sediment.

The Coast Guard tested the patch Sunday and found only trace amounts of petroleum that were well below the state of Louisiana's standard for clean water. A news release says The Coast Guard believes the discoloration is the result of sediments brought down the Mississippi River.

Source

Workers in the Gulf of Mexico, struggling to bring the massive BP oil spill under control, found themselves with yet another issue to deal with: What is killing the sea turtles in the spill zone?

It's not the spilled oil, said officials. At least 35 dead turtles have been found washed up on shore, an unusual number. But necropsies found they were clean of the toxic brown crude that has been spewing from the floor of the Gulf since April 20, when the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig exploded and burned, 50 miles off the Louisiana coast. Eleven oil workers were presumed killed, and an estimated 5,000 barrels of oil per day have been leaking from the wrecked wellhead since.

Abc News

Flies buzz everywhere and the stench is overwhelming as biologist Lyndsey Howell stops to analyze the remains of yet another endangered sea turtle washed up from the Gulf of Mexico.

"It's been on the beach for a while," Howell says, flipping over the decomposing, dried-out shell.

More than 30 dead turtles have been found stranded on Galveston and the Bolivar Peninsula south of Houston this month - an unusually high number that has puzzled researchers, in part because most are so decomposed that there are few clues left about why they died.

The number of strandings on these shores is double what scientists and volunteers normally see as the turtles begin nesting in April, says Howell, who patrols the beaches as part of her job with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Of the 35 turtles found, all but three were dead. Thirty-three were Kemp's ridleys, an endangered species researchers have spent decades trying to rehabilitate.

Many of the turtles appear to have propeller wounds from boats or have become entangled in fishing nets or lines, Howell says. Others have parasites or are emaciated.

Cbs News

Cover up?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

That seems plausible to say the least, hopefully the documentary maker can gather more evidence and give us more information on what REALLY happened in the gulf of mexico.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The guy doing the documentary should go out and find a washed up turtle and get his own testing done. If I lived close and had resources that's what I would do.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I agree that there is a conspiracy to cover up the extent of the damage in the Gulf to both marine life and people living near the coast.
I have a hunch that the sea turtles are dying due to toxic gasses that lie just above the water surface. When turtles breathe they come up and stick their nose just an inch or two above the waves.
No doubt we'll find out much more in the years to come - and it won't be pretty.

The story of the clean up workers sounds eerily reminiscent of the guys who worked on the WTC "pile".
But hey, the EPA said the air was safe!
edit on 6-4-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BunnyBeHoppy

I would say the big story here is people eating sea food that's been contaminated. Ushering in tourists to eat it and swim in contaminated waters isn't good either. If that's what happening.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I agree that there is a conspiracy to cover up the extent of the damage in the Gulf to both marine life and people living near the coast.
I have a hunch that the sea turtles are dying due to toxic gasses that lie just above the water surface. When turtles breathe they come up and stick their nose just an inch or two above the waves.
No doubt we'll find out much more in the years to come - and it won't be pretty.

The story of the clean up workers sounds eerily reminiscent of the guys who worked on the WTC "pile".
But hey, the EPA said the air was safe!
edit on 6-4-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

That is a good possibility. But who knows unless we've got someone down their studying the event can we really say one way or another. I'll point out to that it's just like major corporations and the gov. to lie to us. No it's safe go right on ahead. You can sue us down the road after you've gotten sick or terminally ill.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Also very interesting: Almost very Picture in Google Earth in the Coast Area of this States is from 2009 and older.
edit on 6-4-2011 by cushycrux because: had to add almost

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

That's interesting. Ofcourse could that be because they had no desire tp update the pics year after year? Or actually the possibility they don't want anyone to know how bad it is down their? Either way I think we need to find the truth.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Is anyone on ats from the gulf coasts area that may shed some light on this? If so I'd like to hear their side of the story. As this is important topic.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
To bad we can't do nothing to stop this.

new topics

top topics

join