It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Films UFO While Driving In Suffolk VA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

I have given a lot of thought to your post. So they have two little podunk airports near Suffolk. At least it appears that way from the map. And there is going to be an airshow there from April 30th to May 1st. So I am thinking to myself that this guy is driving over a route that he must drive on a regular basis. He sees lights in the sky that look unusual to him. And they would have to look unusual to get the attention of a local and cause him to scramble for his camera to get a shot, right? Because I am sure he sees planes in the sky all the time but not this time and that is why he goes for the camera.
So I think he either took a video of some giant aircraft that is coming in for the airshow in almost 1 month. Or this guy has actually filmed some unknown flying craft. What do you all think?
Yeah, I just went back to look at the airshow flyer. The show is at Suffolk Executive Airport. Anyhow I took a look at SEA and it is just a little bigger than Umphlett. For what it is worth here is the map provided by the airport that shows the suggested arrival procedures for the aircraft coming to the show...

You can see that it looks like this would put aircraft right into the area where the lights were filmed. So, again, maybe this guy filmed on of the giant birds coming in for this show. But a month early and at dusk?
Here is a link to the airshow site. It gives the impression that there are going to be some very large military aircraft present.www.virginiaflyin.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

So they have two little podunk airports near Suffolk. At least it appears that way from the map.

According to airnav, the latest daily aircraft operations at this airport was 113 per day!
in 2007.(the latest info they posted)

Averaging 113 aircraft per day is not a podunk airport. Not a big airport, but still a significant amount of air traffic.
www.airnav.com...

Airport Operational Statistics
Aircraft based on the field: 59
Single engine airplanes: 47
Multi engine airplanes: 7
Jet airplanes: 3
Helicopters: 2
Aircraft operations: avg 113/day *
88% local general aviation
9% transient general aviation
2% air taxi
1% military
* for 12-month period ending 31 December 2007

So I am thinking to myself that this guy is driving over a route that he must drive on a regular basis. He sees lights in the sky that look unusual to him. And they would have to look unusual to get the attention of a local and cause him to scramble for his camera to get a shot, right? Because I am sure he sees planes in the sky all the time but not this time and that is why he goes for the camera.

What information do you have or saw that makes you believe that he is a local? An assumption? I read all of the info you posted and the youtube comments. Nowhere did I see it mentioned that he was a "local". Not saying that he is not, but pointing out that it is flawed investigation to assume that he is. Most people that don't live near or spend alot of time seeing airplanes coming down through a low cloud deck with landing lights on at dusk. Might be astounded by the vision of a dim fuzzy light growing steadily brighter as the plane got closer to the bottom of the clouds. The appearance of it "hovering" is an illusion caused by the fact that it is coming straight toward them.

So I think he either took a video of some giant aircraft that is coming in for the airshow in almost 1 month. Or this guy has actually filmed some unknown flying craft. What do you all think?
Again, 113 aicrat a DAY average at KSFQ.It Did not look "giant" to me. In fact it rather looks like, as I stated previously, A King Air, like this one:

If we knew the date and time, we could look up the logs for the airport and KNOW what aircraft it was, among other things! Not going to happen because they(disclosure dudes) know that can be done.

Yeah, I just went back to look at the airshow flyer. The show is at Suffolk Executive Airport. Anyhow I took a look at SEA and it is just a little bigger than Umphlett.
KSFQ's 5000 ft. AND 4700 ft runways are a LOT bigger than Floyd Umphlett's private grass strip for his private use. You posted a picture of his private hanger in his back yard! You won't be landing any double tandem 60,000 lb aircraft on old Floyds bean feild! No comparison.

www.airnav.com...

Dimensions: 2550 x 60 ft. / 777 x 18 m
Surface: turf, in good condition

For what it is worth here is the map provided by the airport that shows the suggested arrival procedures for the aircraft coming to the show...
Thats nice. Pilots use maps known as "sectionals" I would be looking at the Washington sectional to submit a flight plan from KFFO to KSFQ. Yes,I fLY!

You can see that it looks like this would put aircraft right into the area where the lights were filmed. So, again, maybe this guy filmed on of the giant birds coming in for this show. But a month early and at dusk?
Again, this is a fairly busy regional "Executive" airport. Yes,he filmed an airplane and when he saw that it was an airplane, he stoped filming. Or the "disclosure dunces" edited it out!

It's a Freakin airplane!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
My video quality is bad on this computer, but one thing that kind of interests me is the altitude of the object.

There is enough light that you can see the texture in the clouds behind it and the guy approaches it rather fast, so you can get a general idea of how high it is. The object doesn't appear to much more than 300-600 ft or so off of the ground and small in size.

I don't know, I don't think it is a plane or a helicopter, I would say maybe an advertisement balloon before anything else. Sometimes they point small spotlights up at them to illuminate them and it could make it look strange from different angles. A change in wind direction could account for the fact that it seems to move with the driver for a moment.

Not really related, but one time I thought I was about to be abducted on a cloudy day when I saw a fuzzy light turning toward me and approaching in the clouds at high speed. A few more seconds of observation and it turns out it was a rotating spotlight cast upon the cloud base, but it was enough to give me that quick panic feeling.
edit on 7-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Hello, Thank you for your patience I hope you find this post. First off thanks for the education. I haven't found a faster way to hone my critical thinking skills than to throw myself in front of a truck like this thread and then leach off the experience of others as I am run down.

That being said...

According to airnav, the latest daily aircraft operations at this airport was 113 per day! in 2007.(the latest info they posted) Averaging 113 aircraft per day is not a podunk airport. Not a big airport, but still a significant amount of air traffic. www.airnav.com...

This is incredible that you can just summon up this info. I learned a lot from checking out the link and trying to figure out what was going on.

What information do you have or saw that makes you believe that he is a local? An assumption? I read all of the info you posted and the youtube comments. Nowhere did I see it mentioned that he was a "local". Not saying that he is not, but pointing out that it is flawed investigation to assume that he is. Most people that don't live near or spend alot of time seeing airplanes coming down through a low cloud deck with landing lights on at dusk. Might be astounded by the vision of a dim fuzzy light growing steadily brighter as the plane got closer to the bottom of the clouds. The appearance of it "hovering" is an illusion caused by the fact that it is coming straight toward them.

Of course I have none. I will be more careful next time before slinging around assumptions. And, Yes I should have known better. I grew up near a municipal airport and still drive by it. Two summers ago I was driving by it regularly at night once a week. I saw lots of small aircraft coming in to land. They must have used the highway I was on as a landmark during their approach and I would get a big light show. Also I worked near West L.A. where I was able to take breaks on a deck that was elevated in such a way that approaching executive jets looked close enough to touch. I have see those at night as well. So I now that we are looking at a plane.

If we knew the date and time, we could look up the logs for the airport and KNOW what aircraft it was, among other things! Not going to happen because they(disclosure dudes) know that can be done.

How much fun would this be? To nail the actual aircraft. Very informative and thanks again.

KSFQ's 5000 ft. AND 4700 ft runways are a LOT bigger than Floyd Umphlett's private grass strip for his private use. You posted a picture of his private hanger in his back yard! You won't be landing any double tandem 60,000 lb aircraft on old Floyds bean feild! No comparison.

Super funny post. Yeah, I just grabbed that photo like a moron and slapped it up. I am sometimes not very aware of how these posts look till I go back and look at them critically.

Again, this is a fairly busy regional "Executive" airport. Yes,he filmed an airplane and when he saw that it was an airplane, he stoped filming. Or the "disclosure dunces" edited it out! It's a Freakin airplane!

I agree. It certainly must be. ADG sucks for hyping this video the way they have. I am now wondering if this guy honestly thought that he was shooting a UFO and if so why did the video go to ADG instead of YouTube? Anyhow, Thanks, Zeptepi. I appreciate the help. I am hoping this will soon be moved to the hoax bin. It is the only way I seem to be able to get a sense of accomplishment here at ATS. Have a good one.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join