It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan science council approves human cloning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I came across this link while at surfingtheapocalypse.com. So what do you think?

www.ctv.ca...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I don't see a problem with it. It's the cloning of embryos and they'll no doubt have strict guidelines with regard to what's allowed, etc.
We could learn a lot from it.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm not religious so that ain't an issue, but I just think we should stop playing with nature. Of course we are explorers and we should do everything we can to find out about our Universe and ourselves emotionally and physically, but I can't help but get the feeling that even playing with cloning in this innocent way will only lead to bad things.

Then again that's probably the result of watching too many nightmarish visions of the future in Sci-Fi films and books.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm against this, not because the science is bad, but because of the social repercussions.

I think that treating embryos as a means to an end, as a tool, just makes human life that much less significant.

Treating life as a tool to be manipulated is part of the whole totalitarian attitude that asserts that humans exist to supply the state with its needs. It turns American individualism on its head.

Science and government ought to serve the people, rather than having human life serve the interests of government, research, and the medico-industrial complex.

Basically, any knowledge that exists will be abused. The census bureau data is routinely 'data-mined' to extrapolate how much money and individual makes, so that they can be targeted to by the most expensive car they can possibly afford.

If the knowledge of cloning is mastered, it will surely be abused by big business as well as the military, who will have access to the info produced by medical research.

new topics

top topics

join