It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this radiation poisoning?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
well everyone in my house has been getting sick. But here is the thing. No fevers just vomiting i had it bad over the weekend. It calmed for a day and today im puking up my guts again. and feeling overall bad. And alot of people are also having this. Now most likely is the flu or a stomach virus. Im probably just getting worked up over nothing. No im not a medical expert but shouldn't there be fevers with this sickness. I mean isint that the body's natural response for a virus.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
btw i live in portland oregon

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My friend who lives in Seattle, WA is experiencing the same symptoms. Intermittent.

link   
reply to post by tamenie

have you heard of anyone else in the area with the same symptoms?

link   

Originally posted by tamenie
well everyone in my house has been getting sick. But here is the thing. No fevers just vomiting i had it bad over the weekend. It calmed for a day and today im puking up my guts again. and feeling overall bad. And alot of people are also having this. Now most likely is the flu or a stomach virus. Im probably just getting worked up over nothing. No im not a medical expert but shouldn't there be fevers with this sickness. I mean isint that the body's natural response for a virus.

Why dont you go see a doctor?

edit on 5-4-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i hope he is safe and all because this is getting out of hand

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2
reply to post by tamenie

have you heard of anyone else in the area with the same symptoms?
uhm yes i stated this in my post

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

like i need another bill

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Who ever said the end would be dramatic? We could simply die-off over the next few years. It's totally possible, I don't think it will kill all of us if the radiation levels continue to rise. There must be a way to contain the radiation at the plant to the immediate area, that would buy us some time. When the buildings are literally smoldering in the open air and water, of course it's going to spread.

I think its really all about the MOX fuel that is in our lungs right now.

link   
If nothing else keep your fluids up until you find out what is going on
and go to the doctor!
or read this and freak yourself out
en.wikipedia.org...

oh and if you try a little bland food
or suck on a lollypop or sweet to help keep your sugar levels up
Lemonade is good for this but not with electrolyte replacement as it actually dehydrates you
ermm and try and remain positive
edit on 5-4-2011 by Nemain73 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

like i need another bill

Ok. Here some Symptoms

Radiation Poisoning Symptoms

Once the radiation reaches the body, it will try to combat the effects of the radiation. The degree of radiation poisoning will depend on the amount of time the person was exposed, the body part that was exposed, the genetic composition and the distance between the person and the source of exposure. Since it is extremely difficult to measure the degree of radiation poisoning in a person, the best ways to judge the severity of exposure are the time duration between exposure and the outburst of radiation poisoning symptoms, the severity of the radiation poisoning symptoms and the degree of changes in the White Blood Cells (WBC). Read more on radiation sickness - radiation poisoning.

Given below are a list of commonly seen radiation poisoning symptoms. If you or a family member or a friend are exhibiting any of these symptoms you must immediately visit a hospital and get yourself checked up.
•Nausea and vomiting
•Vomiting blood
•Excessive diarrhea
•Dehydration
•Redness, blistering, tenderness or any inflammation of skin
•Fatigue, weakness and fainting
•Hair loss
•Bloody stool
•Open sores on the skin
•Bruising and sloughing of skin
•Bleeding from the nose, mouth and the gums
•Ulceration of the esophagus, stomach or intestines
•High fever
•Slow healing of wounds
Depending on what symptoms you exhibit and in what degree, the doctor will prescribe certain medications to deal with each and every symptom. He will also try to ascertain the source of this radiation and if it is found to be an avoidable source, you must do so by all means. These radiation poisoning symptoms are a clear indicator that you have been exposed to excessive radiation and are suffering from radiation poisoning.Corrective measures must be taken as soon as possible . The risk of cancer is also very high in people who are regularly being exposed to excessive amounts of ionized radiation.

So I think you SHOULD see a doctor.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

thank you for that list. my symptoms are not that bad

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

Any other symptoms besides vomiting?

Skin conditions, fatigue, easily split
and torn nails, etc.

I think I have had the flu without fever in the past. If you have no other
symptoms but it doesn't get better in a day or 2 - go to the Doctor or
ER - tell them your concerns, that's what they are there for.

And how I hope you are better very soon!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

reply to post by RUSSO

thank you for that list. my symptoms are not that bad

No problem, take care.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by tamenie

Any other symptoms besides vomiting?

Skin conditions, fatigue, easily split
and torn nails, etc.

I think I have had the flu without fever in the past. If you have no other
symptoms but it doesn't get better in a day or 2 - go to the Doctor or
ER - tell them your concerns, that's what they are there for.

And how I hope you are better very soon!!
well my lips have been buring lately with anything i eat or drink witch has never happend before as for the skin thing i have always had dermatites and ya i have a constant headach

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The problem with what the poster is posting, is that the symptoms described follow into different categories. The best course of action is to go to the hospital and get checked out, and do not just go what is posted, cause the symptoms resemble too many different thigs that could go on. Based off of what is stated, it also sounds like food poisoning as well, depending on what all you ate.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
My family has been going through this for a week now. It's getting ridiculous...

We've had vomiting, fever (some of us), extreme diahrrea, extreme fatigue and lightheadedness, etc. I have had a couple nodules appear on my skin underneath my jaw (and throat is sore).

My wife and son have had it the worst, and they are the ones that have spent the most time outside. We took my son, who is severely autistic, as well, to the doctor, who then sent us to the emergency room without much note.

The emergency room said that they have been getting a LOT of people with the same symptoms but they do not know what is causing them. It is not a flu or anything like that.

So... what did they prescribe for my son? Zofran.

An interesting note about Zofran:

Ondansetron is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery. From NIH

Riiiiight... They don't know what it is

edit on 5-4-2011 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
The problem with what the poster is posting, is that the symptoms described follow into different categories. The best course of action is to go to the hospital and get checked out, and do not just go what is posted, cause the symptoms resemble too many different thigs that could go on. Based off of what is stated, it also sounds like food poisoning as well, depending on what all you ate.
well the only thing for dinne ris either a hot dog hamburger or chicken breast so thats all i have eaten besides some bagel bits for lunch and cereal for breakfast

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Most likely just the flu, unless EVERYBODY in your area has got the same thing. Radiation does not pick and choose who is affected.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

Have you (and family members) been outside in the rain for any extended period of time recently? How about eaten any seafood? Have you been questionably exposed to radiation recently?

I'm concerned because I'm down here by the water some hundred or so miles north of California. I have a bird-feeder and I see lots of birds all day. And I have a pretty bad case of spring fever, first sunny day in weeks!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join