It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Weiner Reads From 'House Mouse Senate Mouse' Children's Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I saw this on the daily show and I just had to make a thread about this.

Rundown of the video for people that are unable to watch - Weiner reads a bit from "House Mouse Senate Mouse" because Eric Cantor said that "The senates gotta act prior to the expiration of the CR. If it does not act, H.R.1 becomes the law of the land."

Apparently, Cantor forgot the senate needs to vote on a bill before if/it becomes law.

edit on 5-4-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Well, sometimes you've got to speak to people in a way they can understand...

And unfortunately sometimes those people run your country

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Also heres a few little articles about it

House Mouse/Senate Mouse-- Eric Cantor Gets A Lesson On The Constitition From Anthony Weiner (D-NY)

What was it all about? Cantor and his Confederate colleagues are under the bizarre impression-- and narrowly passed a resolution to that effect Friday-- that if the Senate doesn't pass their spending bill by April 6, their spending bill becomes the law of the land. Weiner may have been a little sharp with the poor boys and girls, but they really do need to read House Mouse/Senate Mouse or, perhaps take a little course in American Government 101.

Rep. Weiner Cracks on Republicans With House Mouse Senate Mouse

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) today in his public lessons of politics to his Republican colleagues gave Fox Business Senior Washington Correspondent Peter Barnes‘ House Mouse Senate Mouse a major shout-out. Weiner reasoned his Republican counterparts could stand to read the children’s book to find out how a bill is passed. Barnes wrote the book with his wife, Cheryl Shaw Barnes.

Nothing really too spectacualr about those articles though

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Perhaps if more Americans stopped electing morons like Eric Cantor, we would not have to dumb down the language for them.

Even an idiot should know that Senate > House.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Either way it's great to see an intelligent politician who's frustrated with the thought processes and incompetence of members of Congress. He's also young enough and seems to have the energy to take a stand on issues and call out stupidity when he sees it.

Weiner's a refreshing guy to see in government, I guess he hasn't been there long enough to be beaten in to political submission yet. I hope he sticks around and gets some recognition because neither side seems to have much of a future lately

edit on 5-4-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

My federal government class in college actually had to tell us how a bill gets passed (in simple terms). Im pretty sure most of us learned how a bill was passed in middleschool or atleast highschool (not sure if all of us remember it though). I thought that was kind of funny.

Anyways, when stuff like this happens in our government, I dont really know what to think. Why do our represenatives have to read childrens books to eachother nowdays to educate them about their job? Shouldnt there be some kind of test required before someone can be a senator/represenative?

Government these days.....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I do agree that Weiner has enough sense to call out the incompetent people sitting in Congress, atleast what I have seen from him. I dont know his position on alot of issues but he sure knows how to call people out when they have no idea what theyre doing.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

There's a saying that people elect themselves. Look at any politician with intellectual struggles and you'll see how we end up with some of the most horrifying politicians ever.

Why do you think so many politicians are idiots? They reflect the ignorance of the population.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by The Sword

My federal government class in college actually had to tell us how a bill gets passed (in simple terms). Im pretty sure most of us learned how a bill was passed in middleschool or atleast highschool (not sure if all of us remember it though). I thought that was kind of funny.

Anyways, when stuff like this happens in our government, I dont really know what to think. Why do our represenatives have to read childrens books to eachother nowdays to educate them about their job? Shouldnt there be some kind of test required before someone can be a senator/represenative?

Government these days.....
\

YES, the first test for any government job?

A f***ing IQ test.

Then history, geography, etc. I'd rather have many of my college professors running the nation, whether they have any political experience or not, I just want them to be capable of critical thought

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

IQ test

I think that is Mark Pryor, im not sure if hes still in congress but, atleast when he was there, there was no iq test, and I doubt one will be coming anytime soon

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Another classic AW clip. Sadly even with the RULES on his side, he couldn't prevent the deranged Republican led Congress from disobeying House rules and steamrolling their urgent priority of defunding NPR. Interesting and then appalling. :shk:

edit on 5-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

That was one of the best from him Ive seen.

He hits the nail on the head on this video to.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Wow! Classic thanks. Kinda reminds me of posting here when T&C violations get posts removed and you have to tone them down to remain.

Although this clip doesn't contain Congressman Weiner, it illustrates the lengths the obstructionist party will stoop. During Healthcare Reform proceedings, the Republications BLOCKED THEIR OWN AMENDMENTS. Interesting to watch the befuddled Senator Dodd as he offers to accept all revisions and he gets stonewalled. Unbelievable.

edit on 6-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

top topics

join