It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experiment for Conservatives

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If you truly want nothing from this country and think that living here is so horrible. Take my advice, leave, why should we all bend to YOUR will?

Why should WE all bow to YOUR vision of what America should be? If you are in the minority of beliefs, why should the majority have to live your way?

You have twisted this topic from social security to this vision of America where you believe that everyone should be on their own and fend for themselves, like some twisted lord of the flies. Time to grow up my friend, you aren't Ted Kaczynski.
edit on 4/7/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Nobodys bending to my will. I have no might. I have no desire to change anything any of you are doing.

Are you afraid that one guy out in the middle of nowhere with a couple of acres not paying five or so thousand a year into some tax pool is going to destroy the nation?

You act as though letting me opt out and leaving me be would hearken the apocalypse.

Why are you afraid of my freedom?

Originally posted by whatukno
...where you believe that everyone should be on their own and fend for themselves, like some twisted lord of the flies.

There's that either/or trap again. I dont want to impose anything on anyone. People can live how they want to live. You want to be in some massive collective, that's great. I hope it works out for you. I really do. Why can't you reciprocate that attitude toward me? Instead I get hostility and threats. What's so important about me and my meager belonging that I have to participate or the world would end?
edit on 7-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I'm not afraid of your freedom.

Your grasp on sanity worries me a bit, but that's between you and your therapist.

But you entered this discussion of your own free will, but somehow you started twisting the topic to your anarchic view of the world which really doesn't work.

The topic is Social Security, and if you don't want to pay Social Security I think that's fine myself. But other than that, bring up a new topic where you bring up your unibomber lifestyle where you live in a shack in the woods, make no income and live off the land till the day you die. That's fine by me too.

Don't muddy the waters of this topic with your delusions of a society where you are the only member.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Your grasp on sanity worries me a bit, but that's between you and your therapist.

Don't muddy the waters of this topic with your delusions of a society where you are the only member.

Why do you talk so much trash? There is no need to be so abusive towards this sites contributors.

*WUK, Are you like a conservative pretending to be a liberal so as to discredit them or something?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

The GOP is working the register....they take your money AND your purchases and tell you...sorry, it's been a rough year. You say "what??? I want my money back"

(privatize)
The guy at the register says " I tell you what...I have a friend that likes to gamble, he doesn't have the best record..as a matter of fact he recently lost his ass like nobodys business...but I will make you a deal, I will give your money to him and if there is anything left after he gets done placing some bets and taking his cut and kicking some back to me... you can have what is left over"

You say "WTF...give me my money or give me my purchases"...the guy chuckles and says "Sorry, not going to happen, like I said, it's been a rough year."

Actually that's a pretty good analogy of this whole debacle. Thank you for your input. It is a lot like that.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The elephant in the room that the GOP/Paul Ryan do not want to discuss is that according to his plan the elderly will be given a voucher to apply to payments in the private insurance market.

By the time we reach 67...and he bumps up the age to 67 by the way...we all have some kind of pre-existing conditions, not to mention we are just plainly a bad bet for any insurer.

So private insurers will be able to deny the elderly for pre-existing conditions....but what about Healthcare reform...doesn't that cover pre-existing conditions?...well Ryan's bill defunds that as well.

The budget he proposed will leave the vast majority of the elderly population uninsured, voucher or not, after they have paid into the system their whole lives.

I know it sounds outrageous...but I have heard policy anlalysts and healthcare analysts say the exact same thing. No politics, not spin...The GOP have yet to answer the question.

For those that are actually able to get insurance in the private market without being denied, the CBO estimates that those lucky old people would be responsible for 68% of thier own healthcare costs.

Work until you die..that is the new plan.

Did I mention the new budget not only does nothing to eliminate the bush era tax cuts for those making over 250k, but actually cuts taxes for the top rate from 35% to 25% for corporations and the wealthiest folks?

This budget is just freaky terrifying as it is a formal expression of their view that our lives only have value in as much as we can earn and spend in our lifetime. It is a sick proposal devoid of humnaity and driven by greed and arrogance.

Being old does not mean you are useless to society and should perish quickly...not worthy of care past your time of "earning".

And poor does not mean worthless.

These are God's children and US Citizens...They are our mothers and fathers and grandparents and soon to be us...and any politician that proudly steals from and then turns their back on those that can't fend for themselves in this new world of money=life politics can rot in hell, hopefully very shortly after they are voted out of office.
edit on 7-4-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Excellent as well as sobering post maybereal. Adding to the depravation of affordable heathcare care for elderly is the fact that his budget actually INCREASES national debt. WTF, from the party of fiscal responsibility?

Critics say Ryan's plan won't help to lighten the debt load. Indeed, it would actually increase the federal debt from $15 trillion to $23.1 trillion.

"Republicans want to spend $40 trillion over 10 years. That averages a staggering $4 trillion per year. As recently as 2000, federal spending was only about $1.8 trillion," Benedict said from his Washington, D.C., office.

SOURCE

Article from my home state. Where we have a Governor who is criminally insane.

edit on 7-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalBlue

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Yet it like most things has been destroyed by liberal spending habits. Pay for everything, take care of everybody. Socialize.

First...conservatives' spending habits spend billions of dollars on military industrial complexes, WARS, Wall Street bankers and fat cats, corporate welfare, on and on. Doesn't leave much room to point at the Liberals' "spending habits".

Conservatives aren't responsible for the Military Industrial Complex, Progressive Republicans like John McCain are. Conservative and Republican are not synonymous.
edit on 14-4-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

A lot of that comes from looking beyond the next election and including real world data such as our national debt, our continued deficit spending and narrowing of the tax base.

If we look at these types of issues in a vacuum, which a large portion does including politicians, we can probably say that you will get what you put in and the safety net will be there. The problem though is we don't live in a vacuum, taxes effect a persons behavior and there is no end in sight to our growing fiscal problems.

I have no problem with anyone that is under the current system expecting to receive what they believe they will receive. I do however have a problem when a proposal to privatize or rid social security all together is painted in a light that "they want to kill grandma and leave her poor!" is the retort.

As with the budget issue, it is evident that no politician is willing to tackle any serious problem and only provide half ass measure that buy them enough time to get to election season.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join