It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you REALLY believe the Afghan murders of UN reps are because of the Qur'an burning??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would just like opinions and would also like to put my own opinion in the air.

For starters (as a lot of yall know) I've been Muslim all of my life. I've seen many acts of aggression, disrespect, and violence from people who align themselves with my faith. Most recently we have the atrocious murders of UN reps in Afghanistan which the MSM says is because of that "pastor" burning the Qur'an. I totally disagree for a couple of reasons:

1) Refer to the protests of the cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad. Those protests were worldwide and not concentrated in 1 specific country. The violence and outcry from Muslims was almost worldwide. So now that our book is disrespected, it only happens in 1 country??? I smell BS there.

2) It would make sense for the MSM to try and pin it on something else. Watching the news lately I haven't seen too many stories regarding the "trophy photos" which just leads me to believe that they don't want too much attention drawn to that issue. It would draw even more attention if they had to report that the cause of the deaths of the UN reps was the actions of a rogue army squad.

Open to your arguments, and no this isn't a "muslims can do no wrong thread" cuz hell, muslims do a lot of wrong ****. lol
I'm just saying, I smell BS.

Peace

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I kind of wondered that myself. Why would only one country protest the burning, and why would they attack UN workers who aren't even American? It really makes me wonder what the real cause could be. Unfortunately I don't really know enough as to why Afghanis (or rogue squads as you theorized) would want to attack the UN and use this as an excuse.

Hopefully others will come and give their input.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TripleSalCal

That's not what I meant. There is no doubt that the UN reps were killed by Afghanis. However I'm questioning if they were protesting the "trophy photo" situation in which a rogue squad of US soldiers were killing innocent civilians for "fun".

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here in Australia, the first we heard of this whole sorry incident was when the Afghan locals attacked the UN. Our news reporters told us that is was in reaction to the burning of the Koran by that nasty little pastor chap.
Now, I must admit that I don't speak a word of the Afghan local language, but they sure seemed pretty upset and were shouting at the cameras and generally showing their anger at something that had been done.

Let it not be forgotten that Afghanistan was a purist Islam state living under Sharia law before the war started. You can't tell me that all of the strong beliefs these people held have been washed away by the tide of war. And you definitely cant tell me that these people will not hold resentment toward the foreign soldiers that have killed so many civilians in pursuit of the Taliban.

I am not a Muslim myself, but I can totally understand the feelings of anger and hatred these people have in these countries against the USA and other foreign nations that come into their land, start pointing guns and say that they are in charge now. After all, no-one in Afghanistan (or Iraq for that matter) actually invited America in to remove the government, no matter how tyrannical the regimes seemed to us from the outside.

So, I don't see any of this about being Christian against Muslim, but more rich against poor. I was born and raised Christian, but I am enriched and blessed to have met and become friends with Muslim people. Truth be known, as religions we have no quarrel with each other. As nations that are defined by our dominant faiths there is a lot of reason that poor predominantly Islam countries have an axe to grind with rich western, predominantly Christian ones though.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by TripleSalCal

That's not what I meant. There is no doubt that the UN reps were killed by Afghanis. However I'm questioning if they were protesting the "trophy photo" situation in which a rogue squad of US soldiers were killing innocent civilians for "fun".

This possible retribution is why our troops stationed abroad have been warned to stay vigilant and to change into civilian attire before leaving base.

It has nothing to do with the Quran burning. The victims of these shootings were from all backgrounds including at least five locals working as guards. Two of the foreign workers were beheaded by these savages. They are sending a different message here and just using the Koran burning as an excuse for their madness.

Why kill locals in retaliation for events in Florida? Then again nothing the radical Muslim element does rarely makes any sense at all. The fatwa on the Dutch cartoonist still stands. The Shariah court and the clerics will issue the fatwa on anyone who disagrees with Islam. As I understand it they have issued a $2million fatwa on Terry Jones.

Anyhoo, my money is that the murderers were actually insurgents and not protesters against Terry Jones. The insurgents took perfect opportunity to create chaos in an already chaotic region. Innocent people just doing their jobs died.

new topics

top topics

join