It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING: Police Pepper Spray Child And Fox News Thinks It's Justified!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

They called the cops on this kid twice before.

I think some hard line punishment might do this kid a world of good. pepper spraying is painful and also doesn't leave any lasting damage, so it would be a good lesson. strapping someone with a belt would be worse, it could break bones and cause hemmoraging.

Well, 99.99% of kids will never ever need to be pepper sprayed, and should never be. However if there is a one in a million kid that is so bad tempered, that the cops have to be called on him 3 times, perhaps its necessary.

Of course, i wasn't there, im just saying if things were bad enough, like the kid using weapons for example. be it knives or guns or throwing a chair at his teachers or, whatever.

My 2 cents.
edit on 5-4-2011 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)

He's a kid. Period. And at 8 please don't discuss punishment there is none that they need to do. If he needs a special class, or homeschooling so be it.

Considering what some parents go through with various behaviors from kids, ie. with autism, and borderline learning disabilities, this is not odd, rare or extraordinary. And I think the story was amped up a bit, but you'd be surprised at the unequal and unfair distribution of "disabilities and wiring problems" kids have always had, and its the Governments innoculations and foods, poisons, chemicals, frequencies, nanobots in the schools, that are increasing this.

Once in a blue moon it may have to do with parenting, but then its because of our economic slavery and parents not being able to be living for their familes like they should be, in homes of their own, without banks or realtors or forced slavery.

I've seen a lot of kids and know alot of their behaviors, and pepper spraying is not the solution. That cop should be fired ASAP. Or retraining courses.

And if that woman was on the news hours, speaking this, she should be canned immediately. She is a nazi M'Kultra felon.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

According to the report, Aidan "was climbing the cart and spitting at teachers. He also broke wood trim off the walls and was trying to stab teachers with it." "I wanted to make something sharp if they came out because I was so mad at them," Aidan said. "I was going to try to whack them with it." The report goes on to say Aidan, "was holding what looked like a sharpened one foot stick and he screamed, 'Get away from me you f---ers.'"

This sounds more like a demonic possession then a tantrum to me.
Sure the kid is small, but what if the cop had tried to restrain him in another way and ended up breaking his arm or wrist or something in the process, at least the spray wears off and doesn't cause any permanent damage.

Finally somebody that understands it. I didn't really understand untill I worked on a project with some officers. I saw them taze a psych patient one night. Afterwards I asked why they used a tazer. There were four officers on scene and they could have physically wrestled the guy in to submission. I got a pretty good answer.

The officer said, "If all four of us go in and start yanking on his joints what happens? He ends up with a hyper extended joint, some broken bones, or one of us gets a broken bone when everybody tumbles to the ground. This way he experiences enough pain to force compliance and it is over in thirty seconds. The other way a lot of people risk permenant injury. It really is about the safety of everybody involved."

How horribly could the child have been injured if a 180lb man fell on him? What if the same man was yanking and twisting on his arms and joints? Restraining a rampaging person that is mentally unstable is difficult regardless of size and age. I have seen it first hand. I have seen a 100lb 13 year old girl throw a IV pole through a dual pane tempered window. (That isn't supposed to be possible.)

The kid is eight. However, this kid was throwing chairs and wielding a long sharp stick. The probability that physical force would have resulted in injury is high. A sharp stick to the throat, eye, or even inner thigh can be deadly. The difference in size increases the chances the cops would have done serious injury if they went hands on.

Unfortunately they got there after things were out of hand. They had to deal with a situation that was past talking. The child was openly taunting them and seeking a violent confrontation. They took the fastest and least damaging path to ending the fight.

People know I come down against cops as often as I back them. This time though I think the cops were right.

The reason that parents can't pepper spray their kids is pretty simple. They are usually there from the begining and are expected to handle the problem before it escelates to the fourth or fith level of the use of force continuim. A parent can physically restrain their child and call for back up if they think things will escelate. The parents have the opportunity to use physical presence, warnings, soft hands, and (in some areas) certain strikes. If it goes beyond that they are expected to call the cops and should. Any situation not contained by then is heading to a bad ending. That isn't something the family really needs to face for emotional as well as legal issues.

ETA
I'm currently texting with one of the police officers I have worked with. According to him "you can't spray your kid for not eating their carrots. In cases of physical assault you have all the rights of any other citizen involved in a similar situation."

In other words, if you are attacked by your kid in a malicious fashion you have the right to respond with force. You have to react within the law for your area. However, you do not have to roll over and take it like a defenseless puppy.
edit on 9-4-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I am a mother. I have five kids. That child should have been removed from the school before this. His mother needs to have her own rear busted, making excuses. "He's only 8..." - so what? That means wanting to stab his teachers is alright?? He even said he wanted something sharp for them, because he was so mad! Pepper spray was getting off light. Three calls to cops, throwing furniture and threatening to kill his teachers? Go, cops! Sheesh....I might spray one of my own if they acted that way! They were NOT out of line, and that child, and maybe his parents, should be placed in custody till it's determined if they are safe to be out and about. The kid clearly isn't. He even said he thinks he'll always be that way?? Maybe they should call an exorcist. No excuse for that behavior.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Kids with autism do NOT threaten to kill people, or act like this kid did. I have family members that are autistic, so I KNOW. This child was, and is, totally out of control, and his mother is condoning his behavior. He thinks he's fine the way he is. Threatening to stab people? Throwing furniture? I would have thanked the cops, had that been one of mine, and yes, I have several.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

In this day and age,what defines proper parenting?
There was a time when parents could spank their
children.Now, you could be thrown in jail and charged
with child abuse.
Spare the rod and spoil the child.It is not abuse to
spank a child on his/her bottom.It is abuse not to give
children the proper discipline they need.
I can't stand the fact that pepper spray and tasers are
being used on children,now that is abuse!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Plenty of places you can spank your kids, still. I do. Some states, that is listed specifically as NOT abuse. Other places, different story. In this case? I suspect the kid attacks his mother, too, and she doesn't want to admit it. I swear, I saw something a year or two back, on some program, about an out-of-control kid that looked a LOT like this one. That one was attacking the mom, as well as others. Makes me wonder.....

Betting, if we could get his full name, we'll see this kid in the news some years from now, as some mass killer.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by drwizardphd

He may be a future criminal if everyone gives up on him and accepts it. He may just need proper parenting, however.

Maybe he already has problems submitting to the system. Kudo's for the little kid.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Sorry but there is no excuse for this. If cops can't manage to restrain an 8 year old then we have more problems in this country than I thought. This kid sounds like he needs some help and pepper spray isn't going to do it. And shame on foxnews for supporting it.

I agree with the first statement for that you get a star but not the last statement. Gretchen Carlson and her opinions do not reflect the view of all of fox news - just her own.

I watch Fox all the time and most Fox personalities like news anchors and show hosts like Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Greta Van Susteren, Mike Huckabee, Shepard Smith, and Neil Cavuto - would be opposed to this sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I'm sorry but Fox is the worst representation of MSM, if there was even such a concept as legitimate mainstream news...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

I am a mother. I have five kids. That child should have been removed from the school before this. His mother needs to have her own rear busted, making excuses. "He's only 8..." - so what? That means wanting to stab his teachers is alright?? He even said he wanted something sharp for them, because he was so mad! Pepper spray was getting off light. Three calls to cops, throwing furniture and threatening to kill his teachers? Go, cops! Sheesh....I might spray one of my own if they acted that way! They were NOT out of line, and that child, and maybe his parents, should be placed in custody till it's determined if they are safe to be out and about. The kid clearly isn't. He even said he thinks he'll always be that way?? Maybe they should call an exorcist. No excuse for that behavior.

I put the blame squarely on the mother, I am so tired of hearing about "out of control kids". When I was a kid I never dared to have a temper tantrum and if I did have one, there was hell to pay.

Kids these days are spoiled rotten and some parents have no business rearing children.

Bring back ass whippings, it was called discipline back in the day.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Spraying a kid is obviously wrong, but in THE MOST EXTREME of cases, it JUST MIGHT be NECESSARY.

I wasn't there, and a cop with a bulletproof vest should in my mind have no problem subduing a crazy 8 year old.

But, i am just saying it COULD be possible in a 1 in a million event, that the kid was posing SO MUCH of a threat, as to potentially KILL someone , that spraying that child is necessary for the safety of everyone else.

However, i don't know if that was the case here, it doesn't sound like it was.

But , for people saying there is "NEVER" a potential situation where spraying a kid is necessary, i would disagree.

If the kid was crazy enough and motivated enough and equipped to kill or maim people, of course he would need to be sprayed. If i was a cop and a kid had a 12 inch machete in his hand with an intent to kill me or slash my arms, hell yes i would spray him.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join