It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING: Police Pepper Spray Child And Fox News Thinks It's Justified!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
So what is the best way to restrain an 8 year old? I'm assuming there nothing in the training manual about it.
If you make a grab for them then you risk breaking his bones, if you push him down you risk knocking him unconscious, as you dislike the pepper spray I doubt your going to be happy about a quick tazering. so what would you suggest?
It sounds like a large net might have been a good choice as I doubt the cop was trained in exorcism and didnt have a copy of the bible to hand

Unfortunately you don't get a training manual when your child is born. However you do learn how to raise him properly over time if you're a responsible parent.

Failing that, you seek help from qualified proffessional.

The exorcism part is a bit tricky, but would be preferable over pepper spray.

"Oh look it's a purple unicorn!" "What!?" "Gotcha!"

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
yeah cuase i got like i got anger things.

listen to his words, i wanted to make something sharp. so like if they came out, i was so mad at them.

cops told him to drop it and he wouldn't. so they spayed him. they probably, had three or four choices, one shoot him with their service weapon, two shoot him with a tazser, three pepper spary him, four risk being stabbed with that piece of wood and try to disarm him, without harming him. i don;t have any love for leo's but i think they made the best choice here, if they would have shot him every body jumping up and down excessive force , same with tazser, now if they would have rushed him and broke his arm or busted his head open, everybody yells police brutality, they didn't need to break his arm.
i bet next time he wants to show his ass he remembers haveing to rub his eyes thinking he was gonna go blind.
edit on 5-4-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

So, what would you of done if he was YOUR child????

Shoot him? tazer him? pepper spray him?

Parker

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There is a bigger issue here, than one child being pepper sprayed by the police. Many of us, can remember a time, when there were no police in the schools, that going to the principles office was something to dread and that teachers could use corporeal punishment to discipline a student who misbehaved, along with parents actually taking responsibility for the actions of their children. This in itself seems to be lacking on all parts all around. The schools no longer or are prohibited from using corporeal punishments, parents can no longer discipline their children, and schools ultimately are getting more and more violent. I had an opportunity to revisit the high school that I graduated from. According to the teachers there, and some of the students, if they opened up the lockers, one in three would have either narcotics or a weapon of some kind. So what is a school suppose to do? They can not, for legal reasons touch a child, cause they can get sued, so the police are called in. Now here is the situation and facts based off of the article and videos: 1) An 8 year old child threw a temper tantrum in school. In the process, he was able to throw desks and actually ripped paneling off of the wall to make a weapon, in an attempt to do harm to some one. Most children that are in a rage like that, do not listen, and what are the teachers and police suppose to do? Go in and get hurt? That may seem like the best idea, but what if that police officer was the one who is suppose to patrol your neighborhood, are you willing to accept the lack or delay in response on the part of police for an emergency, due to the fact that a child injured an officer or 2? The police had to make a decision, and for better or worse, they used pepper spray to make the child drop the weapon, then apprehend him. Ultimately, be it that we like it or not, the child did act like a criminal, and thus we can not choose to ignore it. That goes on way too often and based off of what all is viewed, maybe there is a lack of discipline in the home. While I would not advocate the use of pepper spray on a child, the question is how do you deal with a child that is enraged and looking to harm someone, acting like a criminal, and what will that child be like when the child grows up? But in this case, if this helps teach the child a lesson, to where the child does not commit a crime, and makes sure that the child gets help, then it is something that was needed. But ultimately, this is a growing problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

nice personal attack. clearly i would not treat my child like that. however in the case of extreme disobedience like this kid, telling him he's naughty and go to his room isn't going to solve his behavioral problems.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

if he was my child he wouldn't be showin his ass like that.
if i had to take a sharp stick he was tring to stab me with.
and not having pepper spay, i would have to try and take it away with out being stabbed.
and then out to the wood shed we go.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Are there not situations that happen like this everyday that are delt with by maybe....outsmarting the child?

Probably, but it depends on the situation. Had this been videotaped, maybe I would be able to determine what action should have been taken instead. The kid is obviously dangerous. If he's holding something sharp in his hands and isn't afraid to swing it with full force, maybe pepper-spraying is one way to get him to stop. I've played around with an eight year old (skinnier than this kid), and he wasn't weak. I imagine that if he went into a tantrum, throwing objects and swinging things in the air, I probably would have gotten hurt trying to grab him. I'd overpower him eventually, but some bruises and cuts could be inflicted. Like I said,.... I don't know if pepper spraying was the right choice here. All I'm saying is that we don't know what went on in that classroom, and we weren't there to deal with the situation. Until we're right in the middle of it, I don't think any of us know what should have been done.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
wtf thats sick. I'm in the UK and I thought it was bad seeing 7 cops carry away 1 man
but pepper spray on a kid is just wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I am sorry but although I don't agree with pepper spray a child this disruptive should be removed from a regular classroom setting and placed in a situation that will properly and adequately address his "special needs."
Otherwise you are doing a disservice to the child, his parents, the teacher and his classmates.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Kid said today:

"I kind of deserved it," Aidan conceded to "Today."

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This should not have happened.

The kid should never have been in the classroom to begin with. When you have one student who has caused multiple incidents with law enforcement involvement what you have is a classroom where no one is learning. Clearly the teachers and other staff of the school are not equipped to deal with this particular student. That's not a bad thing... some students require more individual attention than others, and he is clearly one of them. However, the cause of this incident is clearly the lack of responsibility by the parents and the school administration to recognize that this formula is not working.

The above is hindsight and obviously too late for this particular incident.

Once the incident actually happens you are faced with a very difficult decision. First, by leaving the room the teachers gave the boy full control of the situation. He has anger issues, as he so clearly states in the interview. Now, I don't know if the teachers attempted to talk him down or just said "Ah crap, he's going bonkers again, let's get out of here" but by leaving him in control of the room the situation escalated. Would this have turned out differently if the boy was not able to fashion himself a weapon out of the wood paneling? I think so.

As far as the police go, clearly this is not a cut and dry situation. The police were called and informed that there was a threat to the safety of teachers and other students. Their responsibility is to make the scene safe while doing as little as harm as possible. The boy's age creates a problem. Due to anatomical differences there are certain options that are contraindicated, specifically the Taser which could very easily cause an arrhythmia to a child. Pepper spray isn't exactly ideal either considering the sensitive smaller airways that children have.

Unfortunately regardless of the methods used, any physical action whatsoever taken by the police in this situation was going to open them up to criticism. If they wrestled the plank away from him they would have been accused of excessive force as well. This was not going to have a happy ending regardless of the course of action. Judging by the video statements, by the time someone walked in and said "give me the stick" to him, that person might have ended up injured, which is not a risk the police are going to take either.

Again, this was a bad situation that did not have the option of a peaceful ending.

Fault? Well... it's easy to blame the cops. It's also easy to blame the "crazy kid" isn't it. But the kid is just that... a kid. His parents and the local school officials are the ones who need to get it together, sit down and say "this is not working, what can we do" and make an alternate arrangement for a child who himself says he has anger problems.

If those involved would care about the child's best interests they would make proper arrangements and this would never happen. These folks need to look at what happened here and learn from it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? If these cops can't handle a 8yr old child then I sure don't want them protecting my neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

today pepper spray, tomorow tasers, what next public flogging?....a parent cant strike a child, but a police officer can spray that crap in thier eyes? clearly the child has issues wether they be medical such as A.D.D or something and going by the recent threads on the subject on here thats a very good assumption, children shouldnt have this type of rage in them at that age what do they have to be angry about? theres obviously a deeper underlying issue here.

the child needs help not pepper spray, the governments of this world are creating monsters, with all the chemicals in our foods and in our air and water, and this is how they deal with the problem?

i guarentee that this is the first step in a direction that our governments will enforce in the future, get the children used to far harsher indoctrination and consequences when they are "productive adults"....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If he isn't brought in line with his problems he could end up being like this:

bad kid

Happened a few years back in my hometown..it was very disturbing for the entire area at the time..

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by donkeystyle

Well my 2 cents say your 2 cents are a waste of money. I hope you have kids one day and they get pepper sprayed n see how you feel. Violence be-gets violence if pepper spraying this kid will teach him one thing its that you have to hurt people to get them to behave how you want. Any idiot who thinks otherwise is just justifying a terrible act witch should never be carried out on a child how about parenting? nah thats to hard these days just get the kid an ipod or sit him down infront of a t.v and let that raise him like most parents. That is the reason the child is the way he is because we live in a society where we justify violence for the end game, just look at every childrens program on T.v all of it is beating someone up who thinks differently from you. and we wonder why these kids are the way they are.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
This should not have happened.

The kid should never have been in the classroom to begin with. When you have one student who has caused multiple incidents with law enforcement involvement what you have is a classroom where no one is learning. Clearly the teachers and other staff of the school are not equipped to deal with this particular student. That's not a bad thing... some students require more individual attention than others, and he is clearly one of them. However, the cause of this incident is clearly the lack of responsibility by the parents and the school administration to recognize that this formula is not working.

The above is hindsight and obviously too late for this particular incident.

Once the incident actually happens you are faced with a very difficult decision. First, by leaving the room the teachers gave the boy full control of the situation. He has anger issues, as he so clearly states in the interview. Now, I don't know if the teachers attempted to talk him down or just said "Ah crap, he's going bonkers again, let's get out of here" but by leaving him in control of the room the situation escalated. Would this have turned out differently if the boy was not able to fashion himself a weapon out of the wood paneling? I think so.

As far as the police go, clearly this is not a cut and dry situation. The police were called and informed that there was a threat to the safety of teachers and other students. Their responsibility is to make the scene safe while doing as little as harm as possible. The boy's age creates a problem. Due to anatomical differences there are certain options that are contraindicated, specifically the Taser which could very easily cause an arrhythmia to a child. Pepper spray isn't exactly ideal either considering the sensitive smaller airways that children have.

Unfortunately regardless of the methods used, any physical action whatsoever taken by the police in this situation was going to open them up to criticism. If they wrestled the plank away from him they would have been accused of excessive force as well. This was not going to have a happy ending regardless of the course of action. Judging by the video statements, by the time someone walked in and said "give me the stick" to him, that person might have ended up injured, which is not a risk the police are going to take either.

Again, this was a bad situation that did not have the option of a peaceful ending.

Fault? Well... it's easy to blame the cops. It's also easy to blame the "crazy kid" isn't it. But the kid is just that... a kid. His parents and the local school officials are the ones who need to get it together, sit down and say "this is not working, what can we do" and make an alternate arrangement for a child who himself says he has anger problems.

If those involved would care about the child's best interests they would make proper arrangements and this would never happen. These folks need to look at what happened here and learn from it.

You are talking complete # there. so they were worried about excessive force taking a piece of wood out of a child's hand? what would you do if the child came at you with a piece of wood? well i would have just grabbed his arm and took it off him that's the advantage of being an adult YOUR BIGGER pepper spray is use of excessive force of a 8 year old . All you people justifying the police actions here make me sick to the bowls of my stomach if someone did that to my child god help them.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

All you people justifying the police actions here make me sick to the bowls of my stomach if someone did that to my child god help them.

That's what you got out of my post?

I apologize for it being too long for you to comprehend because judging by your comments you didn't understand a single word of what I wrote and have chosen to attack (and swear at me no less) because of your failings at comprehension.

What an embarrassing post.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whirpool
Hes probably a reincarnation of somekind of Demon lol, he even said "its just who i am".

This shows that someone has told him this and/or shown/told him that it is just in his personality... bad parenting

edit: also - unless the kid has a knife or loaded gun then there is no reason to EVER pepper spray an 8 year old ffs!!! All those ssaying it is justified... just read your own comments again and then realise that you clearly have no children of your own and you know # ALL!!
edit on 6/4/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I read every word of your post and believe me your not to intelligent for me or anyone else to understand. Its just that by putting that in there is a cop out way of being on both side's of the fence and therefore made the rest of it irrelevant to me. I just cant see how you can honestly think pepper spraying a kid with a stick in his hands is ok to you if it means getting out of an excessive force charge. Witch in its self is a contradiction in terms because pepper spraying an 8 year old in my eyes is excessive force. Get real he is an 8 year old boy.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If some police officers can't take a piece of sharp wood from an 8 year old, they shouldn't be policemen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join