It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING: Police Pepper Spray Child And Fox News Thinks It's Justified!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
this is so stupid, they were right to pepper spray him, they should pepper spray his parents too.
if police need to be called to a school to aprehend an 8 yr old boy something is really not right, put him in care, put him on meds i dont care. would you want your children going to school with a child like that?
"i wanted something sharp incase they came out"
bad parent have bad children, the police did the right thing i thnk.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
this is so stupid, they were right to pepper spray him, they should pepper spray his parents too.
if police need to be called to a school to aprehend an 8 yr old boy something is really not right, put him in care, put him on meds i dont care. would you want your children going to school with a child like that?
"i wanted something sharp incase they came out"
bad parent have bad children, the police did the right thing i thnk.

i think you need a holiday...moron

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This brings me to my next point:

Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is a sad situation at best. If this child had this much trouble twice before, he shouldn't be in a classroom where the problems continue to start. The child obviously has mental issues, and they need to be addressed. Pepper spray won't do anything positive for him, except subdue him for the moment, but for God almighty's sake, this is an 8 year old. When he is throwing such a tantrum and saying "I wanted something sharp to wack them with" then this needs to be looked at from all angles...

To be honest, I guess I have no good input other than I don't think he should have been pepper sprayed. If they're worried about the police officer being too big, compared to the child, and hurting him by tackling, couldn't they have called in a smaller officer to begin with? Maybe that's too far fetched in itself, I dunno...but pepper spraying seems a bit excessive. There should have been preventative steps taken before the child turned into a stick wielding angry little monsterchild.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This sounds more like a demonic possession then a tantrum to me.
Sure the kid is small, but what if the cop had tried to restrain him in another way and ended up breaking his arm or wrist or something in the process, at least the spray wears off and doesn't cause any permanent damage.

Besides, dwarves are small too and you'd have to think twice about taking on some of those little guys in a fight, you saying you can't pepper spray a dwarf v1rt?

Good point Dave, however your argument is flawed.

Clearly demonic posessions can be delt with by exorcism.

Secondly, a dwarf could be an adult. An adult should realize the difference between right and wrong, and if they don't, it's probably still unessasary. I rest my case.
edit on 5-4-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

care to elaborate? or did you just want to call someone a moron?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Are there not situations that happen like this everyday that are delt with by maybe....outsmarting the child?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I agree that the parents must totally FAIL at parenting, but that doesn't mean it's right to pepper spray a child.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
hahah...

look.... THE BOY IS NOT SICK, SOCIETY IS WHATS SICK!
the cycle of his torment is what needs to be addressed.

constantly disciplining him, telling him hes wrong, not letting him play etc etc...is what the issue is...you cant discipline a boy for being a boy...give him activities, let him have a full day, you will soon see him more healthy and focused....the modern city lifestyle manifests itself in diferent ways with different people...i think the pepper spray is only going to add to his behaviour....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Pepper Spray and Allergic Reactions

Although there are no known specific lethal dose or lethal concentration listed on the Materials Safety Data Sheet for OC it has been implicated in the deaths of some individuals sprayed with it. These people had a violent allergic reactions that was life threatening known as anaphylaxis. Symptoms of this condition include obstructed airways as a result of swelling, fainting and shock. Those with a higher risk of an adverse reaction to pepper spray are asthmatics. Recently reported in a history of violent behavior and confrontations with law enforcement was another bizarre risk factor, although this may be because the people had a higher probability of exposure or a higher probability to have multiple exposures to give allergic sensitization. If you have asthma but would like to carry tear gas for self-defense then you may want to consider a formulation that doesn’t contain oleoresin capsicum if you are worried about the possible wind blowback or at least get a foam type spray to avoid the risk of airport OC particles. However, the use of foam does not reduce the risk of a bad reaction should the assailant take the spray and use it against you. This shows the importance of using the spray only in defense of people and not property because of this reaction. In these litigious times it also adds potential liability.

www.pepper-spray-store.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i'll tell you what that kid needs besides not being maced. he needs a good swat on the butt and maybe a few in the face as well with a bedroom devoid of everything except a bed , including color. that'd solve his problem right quick.
and these officers should be ashamed, that they can only handle an 8 year old after macing him really puts to question their effectiveness as officers. " oh no a three foot 60 pound monkey is coming at us! mace him jimmy! there's no way we can overpower him!" pathetic.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. The boy is merely a symptom of society. The parents are to blame, but the are most likely uninformed, and uneducated. At this point I think CPS should get involved to do a serious evaluation of the parent's and of the boys mental competency

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
i'll tell you what that kid needs besides not being maced. he needs a good swat on the butt and maybe a few in the face as well with a bedroom devoid of everything except a bed , including color. that'd solve his problem right quick.

what are you raising... a goat?
i think we have a candidate for worst parent here

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
This reminds me of the case here in Australia last year I think, maybe the year before, whereby the police decided it was okay to shoot and kill a 15 yr old.

Yes he was on something and yes he was weilding a knife but you cant tell me that 4 policeman couldnt do anything else besides kill him. And the amount of people who thought it was okay was astounding.

Was that the 15 year old who had 2 x26cm knives?
Was that the 15 year old who rang 000 telling the operator he was going to kill someone tonight?
Was that the 15 year old who was pepper sprayed twice but it did not subdue him?
Was that that the 15 year old who police fired a warning shot(breaking police protocol) near to try and convince him to give up ?
Was that the 15 year old who told a police who had their guns drawn " kill me or i will kill you"?
Was that the 15 year old who was shot when he lunged at a cornered police man with a knife ?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

care to elaborate? or did you just want to call someone a moron?

I (almost) always refrain from name calling................but, I believe the Pharoahs one word said more than a 1,000 pictures.

Parker

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Secondly, a dwarf could be an adult. An adult should realize the difference between right and wrong, and if they don't, it's probably still unessasary. I rest my case.

So what is the best way to restrain an 8 year old? I'm assuming there nothing in the training manual about it.
If you make a grab for them then you risk breaking his bones, if you push him down you risk knocking him unconscious, as you dislike the pepper spray I doubt your going to be happy about a quick tazering. so what would you suggest?
It sounds like a large net might have been a good choice as I doubt the cop was trained in exorcism and didnt have a copy of the bible to hand

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

We're talking about an 8 year old here who was guilty of none of those charges.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

60 Pounds you say ? They should of Tazered his Little Terrorist Butt Instead ! .........

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

So what is the best way to restrain an 8 year old? I'm assuming there nothing in the training manual about it.
If you make a grab for them then you risk breaking his bones, if you push him down you risk knocking him unconscious, as you dislike the pepper spray I doubt your going to be happy about a quick tazering. so what would you suggest?
It sounds like a large net might have been a good choice as I doubt the cop was trained in exorcism and didnt have a copy of the bible to hand

again, your response seems flawed............would they not have to make a grap for him, knock him down, etc. even after they pepper sprayed HIM???????????????

Parker

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Whirpool

More like that is what his parents have let him become
Seriously, I would have not backed down from the little bugger
And stuff the law ....... I would have spanked the ratbag and told him to sit the hell down
$10 his parents let him run roughshot over them at home
As for him (maybe) being troubled or having a mental illness or some thing - I raised a kid with Aspergers and Bi-polar (so I was told when she was 14) and she was never this bad altho she did get "interesting" some days
As for the cops using pepper spray ...... Are they too pumped up on donuts to be able to subdue him, plain lazy or just incompetent?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join