It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING: Police Pepper Spray Child And Fox News Thinks It's Justified!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
He seems like a normal 8 year old boy, but wait until he has a temper tantrum. You won't like him when he's angry! He has "anger things!"

"GRRRRRRRRRR!"

Gretchen Carlson said, “I say 100% pepper spray and some parenting classes as well. I mean come on. This is what our schools have to combat right now? This is the third time for an eight year old that the police have been called. Threatening the teachers and you’re eight?” The Fox and Friends crew then went on to read some viewer responses which blamed the parents for not holding the child accountable for his behavior.

Even kids are terrorists these days! At least according to the FAIR and BALANCED Fox News.

Click here to watch video.
edit on 5-4-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

They called the cops on this kid twice before.

I think some hard line punishment might do this kid a world of good. pepper spraying is painful and also doesn't leave any lasting damage, so it would be a good lesson. strapping someone with a belt would be worse, it could break bones and cause hemmoraging.

Well, 99.99% of kids will never ever need to be pepper sprayed, and should never be. However if there is a one in a million kid that is so bad tempered, that the cops have to be called on him 3 times, perhaps its necessary.

Of course, i wasn't there, im just saying if things were bad enough, like the kid using weapons for example. be it knives or guns or throwing a chair at his teachers or, whatever.

My 2 cents.
edit on 5-4-2011 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Good grief!

Somehow, this kid goes home and his parent(s) are able to handle him but cops needed pepper spray? Heaven help the mother if she resorts to such tactics, you can bet the call would go in to social services faster than you could say gross incompetence!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Sorry but there is no excuse for this. If cops can't manage to restrain an 8 year old then we have more problems in this country than I thought. This kid sounds like he needs some help and pepper spray isn't going to do it. And shame on foxnews for supporting it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by donkeystyle

I'm sorry, but I have to draw the line. The kid is about what, 60 lb's? Do we not have cops that could disarm a 60 LB kid, or at least use about 100 other ways to difuse the situation?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Honestly? Its a little crazy that anyone would pepper spray an 8 year old. Yes, some children are the spawn of Satan, and others are not, but their parents are cud chewers who do not instill any manners and civility in them, (though they would likely be normal if raised by human parents) but c'mon. Hes 8.

Put the little monster in a padded room or in a straight jacket if you must, (or just spray him with holy water) but whats next? Tazering kindergartners?

Ive met some pretty savage little ankle biters in my life, all of which could be managed without chemical weapons.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Could you imagine the headlines if the parents were the ones to pepper-spray this kid? I can't believe that the school called the cops on an eight year old to begin with. They are supposed to be the professionals, yet they can't even handle an eight year old. Shame on the school and the police for the way this was handled. My god, it's an eight year old.

Pepper-spray and Tasers are being used way to liberally lately. Both of these "tools" are supposed to be used in lieu of lethal tools for taking down suspects, yet all too often they are being deployed in situations where lethal force would never be authorized or acceptable. In other words, these tools are being used to prod the public into submission. What a disgrace that we allow this to happen to our neighbors, much less our children.

--airspoon

edit on 5-4-2011 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Future criminal.

I'm sorry to say it and I absolutely do not think that pepper-spraying was necessary or rightful. However here you have a problem child and a society that obviously has no idea how to handle him. We've already conditioned this 8-year-old into his bright future as a career criminal. He's already had more negative encounters with the police than most adults have in their entire lives.

Why is this school so ill-staffed that the teachers are resorting to calling the police in to handle an 8 year old? Was there no school resource officer on hand? School security? Hell, even an out of shape teacher should be able to restrain a child so young. Barring the occasional kid who brings a gun to school and cases of sexual assault, disciplinary issues should never result in the police being called.

I truly am sad when I see stories like this. With the right psychological intervention and some decent parenting this kid would be much better off, but instead our society sees more fit to shove weapons-grade chemical deterrents in his face.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

He may be a future criminal if everyone gives up on him and accepts it. He may just need proper parenting, however.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
They used to drag you out in the hall or to the principles office and give you 3 really hard whacks on your butt with a board that had holes in it. That always seemed to work in the good old days...

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What is expected from a parent? Give him a good talking to?

Parents can't spank their child but cops can use pepper spray. We can't grab his arm but they can put him in hand cuffs.

Guess who is raising our children?

Not us.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
the kid is eight years old..how about distracting him...to hear that teachers were barricading themeselves in somewhere is even more laughable? Look what this litigious world has made us become..can't grab a kid for fear that the parents will sue so let him get to a point where he's out of control..I just can never see pepper spraying an 8 year old let alone a 12 or 13 year old...what a shame policemen cannot handle a 8 year old boy and I don't care how crazy he is....and folks can say he may have been a threat to himself but there could have been other options...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
if he doesnt get help now, what is he going to be like when hes 16?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This reminds me of the case here in Australia last year I think, maybe the year before, whereby the police decided it was okay to shoot and kill a 15 yr old.

Yes he was on something and yes he was weilding a knife but you cant tell me that 4 policeman couldnt do anything else besides kill him. And the amount of people who thought it was okay was astounding.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Apparently that was before they realized the effectiveness of chemical weapons.

link   
reply to post by airspoon

You have made such an amazing, spot on point! Why has it become acceptable to us for those in authority to do things to people that we would never allow the average person to do to another? Like you said, had the story been about the parents pepper spraying the child, people would be demanding social services take the child into custody and file abuse charges. But the cops do it and he deserves it?

He's freaking EIGHT YEARS OLD! Why have people begun to act as if children should be held to the same standards as adults? My two cents? It's because adults act like children.

link   
I can't say pepper-spraying the kid was a good idea, but then again I wasn't there to see it. If I was the cop who needed to subdue him, I'd tackle that little jerk. Might not be easy when he's throwing things around the room and trying to break off wood trimming to make a sharp weapon (something he mentions he wanted to do), but it's doable. Would I then be charged with child abuse?

He may look small, but an 8 year old in a rampage can do some serious damage. Wooden sticks could end up in people's eyes, scratches or severe bruising to the face or hands, etc. I find it laughable that the newscasters and his mom made it seem like he's just an unfortunate little boy, like any other boy. Based on his past, he's clearly mentally disturbed! He poses a danger to his classmates as well as his teachers, who aren't really allowed to restrain or touch their students.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hes probably a reincarnation of somekind of Demon lol, he even said "its just who i am".

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

According to the report, Aidan "was climbing the cart and spitting at teachers. He also broke wood trim off the walls and was trying to stab teachers with it." "I wanted to make something sharp if they came out because I was so mad at them," Aidan said. "I was going to try to whack them with it." The report goes on to say Aidan, "was holding what looked like a sharpened one foot stick and he screamed, 'Get away from me you f---ers.'"

This sounds more like a demonic possession then a tantrum to me.
Sure the kid is small, but what if the cop had tried to restrain him in another way and ended up breaking his arm or wrist or something in the process, at least the spray wears off and doesn't cause any permanent damage.

Besides, dwarves are small too and you'd have to think twice about taking on some of those little guys in a fight, you saying you can't pepper spray a dwarf v1rt?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
tut tut tut!...

if they thinkn this is justified then i want to come out up right and say...YOUR NOT FIT TO DO YOUR JOB, NEITHER ARE THOSE POLICE...this is a classic case where the people need to put their foot down and tell the police what is excessive and not just ask.....

how can they have the ghoul to tell me that this is justified.....pepper spraying an adult for minor communication issues is wrong...but a child who has little choice in his behaviour....tut tut tut

one word....wrong!
one more word....nazis!

lol.
edit on 5-4-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join