It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackson's most important accomplishment "I killed the bank"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

“You are a den of vipers. I intend to rout you out and by the eternal God I will rout you out!” – Andrew Jackson to the Second Bank of the United States

This was an amazing 10 minute video about Andrew Jackson and his slaying of the Second Bank of the United States during his presidency. He won this battle against them, one of the most ferocious battles in American history. With threats of economic depression and catastrophe, a censor by the Senate, and a war of words, Andrew Jackson crusaded against the bank and its leader Mr. Biddle. In the end Andrew Jackson won and won exceptionally. It would be 77 years until the next central bank would be established in this country, one far more ferocious and powerful than even Jackson could imagine.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I could whoop my great grand-daddys tail for letting these evil beings get a foot hold here in America...I will tell him so to, when I see him....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I went to Andrew Jackson high in Louisiana because he is a Hero in New Orleans. Yes killing the banks was awesome of him and a great achievement. I guess the fact that they put him on the 20 was an inside joke. Signing the indian removal act (I think thats what it was called) was probably the most inhumane thing a president has ever done to its citizens.

Guess it all balances out.

edit on 5-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed how the Fed tends to honor their enemies by putting them on currency? Except for Roosevelt, perhaps.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Yep, JFK died in 1963. He's been on the fifty cent piece or the half-dollar since 1964.

edit, i found this, insightful:

.01 The Penny. Abraham Lincoln.
Abraham Lincoln hated the idea of a central bank so much that he created his own money to replace it. These are called "Greenbacks". He was assasinated for this reason. He said, "I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic is destroyed. I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war."

.05 The Nickel. Thomas Jefferson.
Thomas Jefferson wanted our country to print and use our own currency, warning us that "The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered."

.10 The Dime. Franklin Roosevelt.
FDR said in his innaugural address, "Practices of the unscrupulous money changers stand indicted in the court of public opinion, rejected by the hearts and minds of men. True they have tried, but their efforts have been cast in the pattern of an outworn tradition. Faced by failure of credit they have proposed only the lending of more money. Stripped of the lure of profit by which to induce our people to follow their false leadership, they have resorted to exhortations, pleading tearfully for restored confidence....The money changers have fled from their high seats in the temple of our civilization. We may now restore that temple to the ancient truths. The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply social values more noble than mere monetary profit". And this, sometime later, "The real truth of the matter is, and you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government of the US. since the days of Andrew Jackson. History depicts Andrew Jackson as the last truly honorable and incorruptible American president".

.25 The Quarter. George Washington.
George Washington signed into law the First National Bank. It was suggested to him by the Secretary of the Treasury at the time, Alexander Hamilton. Also in Washington's cabinet at the time was Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State. It is important here to understand that George Washington was an isolationist. He did not want anything to do with foreign trade. This is counter-productive to the moneychangers philosophy. He was quoted as saying "The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is in extending our commercial relations to have as little political connection as possible... Why, by interweaving our destiny with that of any part of Europe, entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of
European ambition, rivalships, interest, humor, or caprice?... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

.50 The 50 Cent Piece. John Kennedy.
Our last true President said, "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed." He was also assasinated.

$1.00 The Dollar Coin. Dwight Eisenhower.
Eisenhower audited Ft. Knox. It is the last time this has been done. He did not like what he found. Ike warned us against the insiders at his farewell address when he said, "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or
unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

$1.00 The Dollar Bill. George Washington. See The Quarter.

$2.00 The Two Dollar Bill. Thomas Jefferson. See The Nickel.

$5.00 The Five Dollar Bill. Abraham Lincoln. See The Penny.

$10.00 The Ten Dollar Bill. Alexander Hamilton.
Alexander Hamilton was George Washington's Secretary of the Treasury, and he suggested The First National Bank. He was also a Protectionist and an Isolationist much like George Washington. He believed in taxing or discouraging imports and anti-globalization. He wanted nothing to do with Europe but was played like a pawn. Hamilton was bought by the money changers and at one point said "A national debt, if it is not excessive, will be to us a national blessing."

$20.00 The Twenty Dollar Bill. Andrew Jackson.
Andrew Jackson once said, when asked what his greatest accomplishment as President was that "I killed the Bank." Jackson detested the foreign bankers and their minions and once proclaimed to Congress, "You are a den of vipers and thieves and I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out. If Congress has the right to issue paper money, it was given them to be used by themselves, and not to be delegated to individuals or corporations.." He vetoed the Banks re-charter and succeeded in removing them. He survived his assasination attempt.

$50.00 The Fifty Dollar Bill. Ulysses Grant.
Ullyses S. Grant had the power to bring the Central Bank back but refused. He was Abraham Lincolns friend, and was assaulted the same night Lincoln was assasinated. He was supposed to be at Ford Theatre. He was quoted as saying "My failures have been errors of judgment, not of intent." when discussing the failure of the System of National Banks. Lincolnian in philosophy, Grant hated the money changers.

$100.00 The One Hundred Dollar Bill. Benjamin Franklin.
Franklin did not want a Central Bank. "In the Colonies, we issue our own paper money. It is called 'Colonial Scrip.' We issue it in proper proportion to make the goods and pass easily from the producers to the consumers. In this manner, creating ourselves our own paper money, we control its purchasing power and we have no interest to pay to no one." And he also wrote, "The viability of the colonists to get power to issue their own money permanently out of the hands of King George III and the international bankers was the prime reason for the revolutionary war."

$500.00 The Five Hundred Dollar Bill. William McKinley.
McKinley went directly at the Rothschilds when he launched The Sherman Anti-Trust Act. He opposed any Central Bank stating, "Our financial system needs some revision; our money is all good now, but its value must not further be threatened. It should all be put upon an enduring basis,
not subject to easy attack, nor its stability to doubt or dispute. Our currency should continue under the supervision of the Government. The several forms of our paper money offer, in my judgment, a constant embarrassment to the Government and a safe balance in the Treasury."

$1000.00 The One Thousand Dollar Bill. Grover Cleveland.
Grover Cleveland saw through the money changers. "The ship of democracy, which has weathered all storms, may sink through the mutiny of those on board." Like Garfield before him, Grover Cleveland was Jeffersonian in his beliefs of the dangers of a Central Bank. Another Gold Standard President, he said in his inaugural address, "We should never be ashamed of the simplicity and prudential economies which are best suited to the operation of a republican form of government and most compatible with the mission of the American people."

$5000.00 The Five Thousand Dollar Bill. James Madison.
Madison vehemetly opposed the Central Bank and those who quietly control them. "History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
Madison was later forced into signing the charter for The Second Bank of the United States.

$10,000.00 The Ten Thousand Dollar Bill. Salmon Chase.
Salmon Chase was U.S. Treasury Secretary under Abraham Lincoln. Along with Lincoln he helped to create "Greenbacks". The Chase Bank is named after him, although he had no affiliation with it's owners. His name is their trophy. Salmon Chase later said, "My agency in promoting the
passage of the National Banking Act was the greatest financial mistake in my life. It has built up a monopoly which affects every interest in the country." Chase disapproved of paper money, cautioning too much could be printed resulting in inflation.

$100,000.00 The One Hundred Thousand Dollar Bill. Woodrow Wilson.
Woodrow Wilson was tricked into signing the current Central Bank, The Federal Reserve, into law in 1913. He was very upset at what he had done and said, "I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our
system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion,
no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

edit on 5-4-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Thanks for sharing that. I had noticed who was on their currency as well but never had the details you provided.

With inflation roaring away, I can see the day when they'll need new denominations, ya know Zimbabwe style... million dollar notes, billions... Is there anyone else in history that might get to honor those notes?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Thanks. Didn't know that about FDR. I always figured him a bad-guy because of the gold confiscation and WWII. He seemed to change his tune after that speech.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I couldn't watch the video, but this is one of the reasons that I believe Andrew Jackson to be one of our greatest leaders. However, there has been an ever present threat of a central banking system in the US throughout our history, each time with the bank losing in defeat... That is until 1913 when "the bank" finally won out. It could be said that prior to 1913, the US was anti-central banking.

Of course you don't really learn this in any history classes and most Americans think that a central bank is as normal and American as apple pie. In my opinion, it is the single greatest threat to Liberty that we have ever faced and the root of our ills.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Thanks for that, great post. S.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
yea except for the whole Indian thing did some good things... In the movie American Dream it shows him fighting the bankers in snake form...always makes me laugh

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
gotta love this story! thanks for bringing about again!

now its our turn! YOU DIDNT FIGHT IN VEIN!

top topics

join