It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama $5 Billion Slush Fund for Unions and Corporate Supporters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Unions, General Motors--owned by unions and General Electric--the Quisling Corporation of the decade--are getting money meant for those who can not get medical insurance coverage.

"At a Friday hearing in Energy and Commerce’s Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, Republicans alleged the Obama administration is passing out that $5 billion in taxpayer money to labor unions and companies it favors, like General Electric and General Motors — instead of using it to help early retirees obtain health insurance.

Also, the administration is racing through the $5 billion much faster than it previously projected — it was supposed to last until 2014, when no person will be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition. New statistics and projections, however, suggest it may run out before the end of 2012, and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced on Thursday they will no longer be accepting applications for subsidies after April 30. Between June 1, 2010, and Dec. 31, 2010, ERRP paid out $535 million, and during the first few months of 2011, ERRP has handed out another $1.3 billion."

Without doubt, Barack Obama may be the most corrupt we have had--using money stolen from workers, taken by unions, given to buy politicians and then harm the families of America. Along with the crony capitalists, like General Electric, who are willing to sell out their workers and this country for marketing benefit?

Seems strange that all the money will be gone before 2012...I wonder do they know something we don't know...Like maybe most of us want be here to spend that fiat money after 2012.....But, the main thing is that the wrong peeps are getting the money.....Those greedy bastards don't deserve any more of our tax paid dollars.....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Interesting.

Can you add a link? I'd like to read more on this.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
While he's probably no more corrupt (or not a lot more? ... oh, hell! never mind) than Bush/Cheney/the neocons or the Clintons, we were supposed to be getting "change", dontcha know. (don't blame me, I wrote in for Chuck Baldwin)
I don't understand how anyone can even flinch now at the dirty dealings from Obamacare- from the backroom deals with PhRma and the insurance cos that kicked it off to the 1000+ waivers still being granted today. This has got to be one of the ever-lovin-lulus off all time.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What gets me about the ERRP program is all of the sensitive health data that is passed to the government so that reimbursement can take place. So they are paying out all of that money, but what kind of data are they getting in return?

As an EDI worker, I can assure you they are getting all of it due to the recent change that requires that the claim detail be sent in also. Of course, the alternative where one need only report the individual's identity along with the sum to be reimbursed is a recipe for fraud.

I would be willing to bet a large chunk of that missing money could be accounted for with the recent rule change in mind.
edit on 19-5-2011 by GalacticJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

What do you expect? He was a "community organizer" and thats where he cut his teeth into the political arena.

What does a community organizer do? They get toss around a bunch of cash to folks to get them to do their political bidding, be it vote a particular way, support one piece of legislation or another, organize a protest or support rally for one thing or another, in other words, paying people for political outcomes.

He comes by it honestly - he's started out in Chicago.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I cant believe his supporters dont see how dirty, rotten, and corrupt this piece of trash is.

I REALLY CANNNOT understand what goes on in those minds of theirs, how they can follow such trash.

He needs to be kicked out of office. Too many corruption scandals with this administration, more so than any I ever remember.

I think this guy has been stealing from us the moment he sat down in that chair(hell, probably even before that).

top topics

join