It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo suggests FBI had mole inside ABC News in 1990s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

A once-classified FBI memo reveals that the bureau treated a senior ABC News journalist as a potential confidential informant in the 1990s, pumping the reporter to ascertain the source of a sensational but uncorroborated tip that the network had obtained during its early coverage of the Oklahoma City bombing.

www.publicintegrity.org...

Wouldn't surprise me at all... I guess they might of needed someone in ABC just in case the "possible truth" was about to leak. I've heard alot of conspiracy theories about the Oklahoma City Bombing, and that several bombs were found in the building which would completely throw the government's original story right out of the window. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
very interesting!
backs up the middle east connection IMO

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
very interesting!
backs up the middle east connection IMO

Absolutely!! Backs up ALOT of different aspects on our government!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
more on the issue...

CBS News bureau chief denies being FBI informant

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The Washington bureau chief for CBS News denied on Tuesday that he served as an FBI informant during the agency's investigation into the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.

Chris Isham, who previously worked at ABC News, was said to be the anonymous journalist cited in a once-classified FBI memo.

According to a report Tuesday by the Center for Public Integrity (CPI), the ABC News reporter cooperated with the FBI and even revealed the identity of a confidential source, which would have been a possible violation of professional ethics if the source had not agreed to be named.

The memo -- which was recently discovered by Utah lawyer Jesse Trentadue, who has spent years researching the Oklahoma City case -- claims the journalist contacted the FBI hours after Timothy McVeigh's terrorist attack. The reporter passed on information -- which ultimately proved untrue -- "that a source within the Saudi Arabian Intelligence Service advised that the Oklahoma City bombing was sponsored by the Iraqi Special Services."

According to CPI, that source was Vincent Cannistraro, a former CIA officer working as a consultant for ABC News.

ca.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 5-4-2011 by monkeySEEmonkeyDO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Well it says it is a senior executive that had 15 years when it started, so the pool can't be all that big of who it could be - otherwise I will guess we will have to consider them ALL suspect.

What really bothered me was the comments of people saying that this was 'ok.'

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This story makes my blood boil.

Number one: It shows how much our "unbiased" and "respected" news organizations are actually biased and comprimised. The MSM is a farce and we all know it.

Number two: I followed the Oklahoma City Bombing story very carefully, and for those who think that 9/11 is a cut and dry conspiracy----then you should check out this travesty. This was back in the day before the Internet became a major source of alternative information. It's a conspiracy that never really went anywhere---

I'm sure there are all sorts of informants running around our news organizations. Why would anyone be surprised?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I agree -- makes my blood boil, too.

There's already plenty of evidence that the MSM is already far from 'unbiased.' So ... this is like another nail in the coffin of the modern mainstream news media.

new topics

top topics

join