It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The controversial survey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
(Mods, sorry if this isn't the right spot for some reason, please relocate as needed)

I figure now's a good time to get to know some of the other members as I'm new here, and I think your opinions on a variety of topics near to my heart is a good way to do it. I got this survey on MySpace many moons ago and would like to see how you all feel on these.

My original answers are included:

The "Controversial" Survey

[1] Do you have the guts to answer these questions and re-post as The Controversial Survey?

Sure..

[2] Would you do meth if it was legalized?

No thanks, bad stuff...then again, it IS already legal - with a prescription: en.wikipedia.org...

[3] Abortion: pro-life or pro-choice?

Pro-life except for life-threatening situations in which the mother will die, etc..

[4] Do you think the world would fail with a female president?

Depends on the female..

[5] Do you believe in the death penalty?

I believe there are certain crimes that are deserving of death, but with our broken system I can't support it. Too-many death-row inmates have later been found innocent or been exonerated by new evidence or further review, and how many have we missed? How many innocents have died? Also, why sentence someone to death when half the time we pay to keep them alive for decades and then sometimes they die of old age? If you want to keep it, fix it!

[6] Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already?

For so many reasons, YES! Prohibition does infinitely more harm than good, and it's proven that treatment and prevention are much more effective at lessening abuse. Continually doing the same thing and expecting a different result is a sign of insanity - we've wasted hundreds of billions on a drug war that has only locked people up, killed innocents, and allowed drugs to become cheaper, purer, and more readily-available. Besides, ALL evidence is that this "drug", as verified even by the DEA's own administrative law judge Francis Young, is one of the safest substances available, much more so than alcohol, tobacco, prescription drugs, and (get this): Asprin. Besides, we live in the US, and it's a constitutional liberty issue: if what someone chooses to do does not infringe on you or your rights, then that's up to them. We can't play God and decide how someone else should choose to live!

[7] Are you for or against premarital sex?

Against, but as you know I've got different understanding of marriage from that commonly accepted (I don't think the state or federal governments should have any say in what is essentially a personal, religious commitment). I'm for sex in a committed, for-life relationship setting..

[8] Do you believe in God?

Absolutely. Without a belief in God, I can't get existence to make any sense as it violates its own laws of thermodynamics, conservation of energy and matter, and laws of entropy, to name a few..

[9] Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized?

Again, the government has no constitutional right or reason to be involved in such issues (except on a state level under the 10th amendment). I disagree with homosexuality in general, but I have no right or ability to judge anyone else or their actions when I am not affected by them..

[10] Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the USA?

I think it's wrong when anybody moves here illegally, but also believe that the immigration process may be broken (not my area of expertise) and if they are willing and able to be helpful, respectful, and productive, then I don't mind them as much as some others who have more "right" to be here.

[11] A twelve year old girl has a baby, should she keep it?

If she is able to properly care for the baby and not just be an endangerment to it, then I will not be the one trying to separate a mother from her child. If she cannot, then that's up to the courts.

[12] Should the alcohol age be lowered to eighteen?

If we're going to treat 18 year-olds as adults in all other cases, then yes. Am I promoting further alcohol consumption by people of ANY age? NO! It's too dangerous too much of the time. But make the laws consistent. Either they're adults and it's legal for adults, or they aren't/it's not..

[13] Should the war in Iraq be called off?

We never should have gone in the first place. We went to war based on verified lies. This war has resulted in severe erosions of our liberties and standing in the world. The troops have ALREADY died in vain, and are continuing to do so. Our continued presence has destroyed the Iraqi infrastructure, killed and displaced millions, and resulted in atrocities. Staying to save face is retarded and just makes us look that much more so to the world. We would look more reasonable, not weak. And again, we simply can't afford it. We're borrowing billions monthly just to fund our wars and domestic activities. Look what's happened to our rights, foreign standing, and national debt since this war started. Enough said!

[14] Assisted suicide is illegal: do you agree?

Constitutional/personal arguement. This is between you and God, not anybody else. I don't agree with it, but that doesn't make it any business of mine what a lawful adult chooses to do. And who's to say God doesn't have the ability to call you home via decision or internal reasoning/communication? He can only take you out with 'natural' causes? The argument is spurious..

[15] Do you believe in spanking your children?

Among other things, yes. It causes no permanent damage and I believe the no-spanking sissy-fication of America is one of the many reasons we've got so many problems with our kids and young adults anymore. I was spanked as a child, most of my friends and family were spanked as children, and I think it's fairly obvious we're all better off for it..

[16] Would you burn an American flag for a million dollars?

Sure! US Flag Code - "When a flag is so tattered that it can no longer serve as a symbol of the United States, it should be destroyed in a dignified manner, preferably by burning." As a sign of disrespect, no, not willingly. Otherwise, though, considering the good that can be done with $1m, I could probably see my way to do so. Is one flag not worth starving families or people without what they need?

[17] Who would make a better president: Obama or McCain?

Ugh...I'm still trying to figure that out. Both of these idiots scare the crap out of me..

[18] Do you think Obama will be killed?

Of course not. He's no threat to the established order, so that means he's got all the protection he needs. Some racists idiots may try, but they won't succeed. Anymore, we always kill the heroes - never the villians..

[19] Should child predators be forced to wear signs identifying themselves?

First off, we should seriously take a look at definition of 'child predator' before I'll answer this. There have been some SERIOUSLY silly cases on this in the last few years. In the event of an actual, bonified child predator, though...sure. There should be some ready and present way to ID them under state laws for the public good.

[20] Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers?

The real question is, do I care? If you don't have the common sense and rationality to either agree or respect the opinions, then you aren't worth the worry. Love you guys!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I give you an "A" 100%, you pass your grade....Now, on to college....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

(you're supposed to answer the survey questions as well)

Thanks though, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well you answered the easy questions, now how about this one.

If Israel attacks the HMAS in Gaza and the UN votes for a no fly zone over the affected area; should the US support the UN and the no fly zone with its military might against Israel?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'll Bite

[1] Do you have the guts to answer these questions and re-post as The Controversial Survey?

Why not.

Why not I've tried everything else.

Pro-Choice - a women should have the right to do whatever she wants with her body.

Depends on the female..

Absolutely!

Do I really need to say it? Of course.

Definitely for.

I'm standing right here.

Why not.

[10] Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the USA?

I think it's wrong when anybody moves here illegally.

No, but If she is able to properly care for the baby and not just an endangerment to it, then I will not be the one trying to separate a mother from her child.

Old enough to kill (military service), old enough to drink.

I think we should choose a side. Either we become a warrior state and try to take over the world or just leave everyone else alone!

Hell NO!

Only when they are bad.

I would do it for a hundred dollars, it is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't mean I'm not patriotic.

Depends which one gets assassinated first.

Of course not, he hasn't done anything of value.

They should be castrated, not chemically, the old fashion way.

Would I answer if I cared what others thought?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fatboyinternational

If Israel attacks the HMAS in Gaza and the UN votes for a no fly zone over the affected area; should the US support the UN and the no fly zone with its military might against Israel?

First off, YOU'RE also supposed to answer the questions yourself. Jeez, throw me a bone here, people.

To answer your question, though - no. Despite how much I think the Palestinians have been abused by the israeli government, among the various other reasons I don't like them (political Israel - aside from what I perceive as excessive snobbishness at times, I do like judaism itself), that's silly.

First off, the US needs to get its nose out of things. Secondly, the rest of the world is big kids now. I say let them handle things on their own for awhile. And thirdly, a no fly zone is likely not terribly effective here. The israelis probably wouldn't be using a lot of air power anyway, and a no fly zone is an act of war anyway which usually results in collateral damage.

All around ANOTHER bad idea for us to get involved.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Thanks!

I appreciate your responses, and got a good chuckle from some of them, sir. Libertarian by chance?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

How you find your friends and enemy's on ATS will be in answering questions like this one. Not by completing a survey. I hope you deserve respect from both your friends and enemy's. My answers to your questions are much like your answers, but we will probably not agree on everything.

Welcome to ATS.
edit on 5-4-2011 by fatboyinternational because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Independent all the way!

2nd line!
Do we have to still do this 2nd line thing anymore?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

yep

Not really but maybe under some kind of supervision

pro life. If you don't want a kid don't have sex. Simple. For rape cases maybe but it would still need to have health issues along with it.

No. But just like a man it could get messed up quick.

yes. an eye for an eye. I also think it should be used on rapist.

yes. The tax on it being sold is more then enough reason to make it so.

Neither. Do what you want just take the out come and deal with it.

yes i do.

Yes it is no ones job to tell someone who they can and can't love.

Yes i think they should be shot at the boreder.

if she can and has support of her family to help out.

Yes. It used to be 18. if you can get drafted you should be able to have a cold draft.

I don't think it should have started the way it did. I do think we should have interviened but done it more like libya. I don't think we could leave them now though after we tore them down

yes.

Only when they are bad.

HELL NO! No one that is patriotic would do such a thing. Man have fought and died to keep that flag.

McCain. Easiest question yet.

doubt it.

yes. They should wear a sign as they fire in the chair

Why would i care what others think about me...?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fatboyinternational

No way! I would protest to the "full extent" if that were to happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ok here goes -

umm well yes

Once perhaps

Pro-Choice - As female I reckon it is up to me what i do with my body

Here in Oz we are currently testing that - Will get back to you

100%

Yes

For

Not as the vatican portays it

Yes.

I think it's wrong when anybody moves anywhere illegally.

Only if she can care for it properly

It is 18 here - however if you are old enough to shoot someone/die for your country then you are old enough to drink

I think the US should have stayed out of it - in fact i think everyone should stay out of everyone elses business and just let them duke it out

No - you put a dog down so why can't you choose the same for yourself

Yes - However I would be the first to beat to stuffing out of a someone beating a kid - big difference

Sure - Does not mean I am not respectful - it is a material symbol and I am not American

Neither I am guessing - Most politicians are as bad as each other

I guess not

They should be castrated. Or just simply shot

Reputation is what others think of you, Honor is what I know of myself - No idea who came up with quote but I like it So no I don't care

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Caji316

(you're supposed to answer the survey questions as well)

"Supposed to"? No thanks, but here's the answer to your meth question:

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Killjoy.

Thanks, though. Meth starts to get pretty horrible once people let it get the smallest grip on them.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

the proof is in the pudding; here i am.

legalized? WTH? i would do it if it was in front of me. don't judge me. )

sorry, I think this topic belongs to people with vaginas only, government is also excluded.

trick question! there are many presidents around the globe. there is no World president. your question is invalid.

only if it is carried out in such a fashion that we all may enjoy it.

Yes.

I'm all for sex, the pre-marital trip is religious manipulation.

Yes.

Yes. Let gays suffer as much as the rest of us, and get the benefits too.

I think it's wrong that so many People are illegally entering the USA.

I would say yes if the girl was in a good, functional home where love, support & discipline is available. Then again, if that was the case, there would not be a pregnant 12 yr old in such a house. Both the girl & her baby should be removed from their present circumstance.

No. Americans should start treating alcohol responsibly and teach children to do same. Use, not abuse. The big thrill of drinking suddenly on a magic birthday sends the wrong messages. Let young people experience alcohol at the dinner table as they grow up. Take the mystique away from drinking, destroy the sex appeal. Alcohol use has destroyed too many lives in America. Alcohol, as it is handled now, is part of the control TPTB wields over the masses.

Call off every war you can. Destruction, suffering and death is the stuff of war, and I object.

I can't agree because I really don't know the legality of the issue. suicide, assisted or otherwise, is none of the governments business IMHO.

Discipline is necessary at times to punish severe untoward behavior. Children can be horrid little things, vile and full of evil by nature. They must be corrected.

Yes, and for a lot less. My American flag represents lies, taxes, war, terrorism, unbridled greed and so much more. Proud you are a vet? Good for you my friend. Me, all my life has been young people manipulated by false patriotism, going overseas, killing & being killed, hurting & being hurt. It is madness. It the the chess game of TPTB and they laugh at us as our children die. People have to wake up to the lies they are fed & raised on, wake up & see the truth.

A line from a The Who song: "..meet the new boss, same as the old boss..". All part of the dog & pony show TPTB trot out for us to eyeball. Politicians = lying corrupt scum, the lot of them.

Only if he slips up and tells the truth.

No, because they should not be walking about freely. Send them all to Predator Island to live out their years never seeing another child again.

People can judge me all they want, I don't give a damn what others think of me personally. I don't let people rent space in my head. )

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Very nice, thanks for the thoughts.

I particularly liked your answer on the drinking age. Forbidden fruit aspect with age requirements could be avoided by making alcohol commonplace - I think this applies well to perceptions of sexuality and nudity in our culture and the ridiculous scene we like to make about them in the mainstream.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

Thanks for contributing. I did want to address this briefly:

HELL NO! No one that is patriotic would do such a thing. Man have fought and died to keep that flag.

I'm of very mixed opinions on this one, honestly. I love what I originally was taught the flag stood for, but I've seen so much movement by the leadership of this country for such a long time AWAY from that vision that I have to question it anymore. It seems to only feel right to me if it's flying upside-down, now.

I fear we are very far off the path, unfortunately. Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'll Play along.

nope

No

choice.

The world has already failed

sure.

don't care.

don't care.

nope

don't care.

learn english and pay taxes like the rest of us

don't care.

don't care..

yes. we are not accomplishing anything, besides making people dead

Sure you can kill your self if want, some people might need help

Yup. put them through the wall, they'll think twice

Not for money, but I will dispose of one properly for free.

is this a joke?

would have happened by now.

sure after they fix the stupid, an 18yr old sleeping with a 17yr old is not a crime IMO

No.
edit on 5-4-2011 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

So far I think your answers are best!

Don't shoot me after the apocalypse takes place.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I give you an A+
"Don't Care" is the only logical answer to these questions since I honestly don't care what anyone thinks about them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join