It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video - ABC News Plutonium Leaking and Spreading U.S. in Danger.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This just goes from bad to worse. Apparently it is not measured by Geiger Counters either and the US is in Danger.
When are we to get some good news on this - it gets more frightening every day. Just when you think it's going away - I wish!

______beforeitsnews/story/536/839/Dreaded_News_Pluptonium_Leaking_and_Spreading.html

______beforeitsnews/story/536/531/US_in_DANGER_Plutonium_NOT_measured_by_Geiger_Counters.html

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Before its all over they will have to evacuate the entire island and sink that sucker....
Did you see all that radioactive snow all over those cars???
edit on 5-4-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
one pound of plutonium released into earths atmosphere would kill every living thing on the planet so this is bad

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
plutonium is heavy. It will not float around in the atmosphere.

The media is just trying to scare you. DONT BREATHE YOU MIGHT DIE!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well we should of used Thorium for nuclear option. But its too bad that they wanted Bombs for War and whatever.Instead of thinking how it can affect people they want nuclear weapons.
I mean c'mon, did it ever even cross through their heads or atleast ask themselves "What should we do incase the Nuclear reactor breaksdown and fails?" or did they think that the Reactors were INVINCIBLE and it would be impossible for it to be destroyed?
I guess Bombs are more important than peoples health

We should definately call Captain Hindsight on this one to tells us how we should of built are structures

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
IMO the best way to build a nuke plant is to dig a large underground cavern and build it there. If there's a meltdown you just seal the entrance. Instant tomb.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

And have they started to seal it yet or what are they waiting for? If they cant find how to bury them I suggest that the people who created these Nuclear reactors should start by throwing themselves in there for the sake of humanity.

Btw you have incredible hindsight abilities

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Here's how I see it......

expect the worst and hope for the best

Those in greater danger by far are the Japanese people themselves then countries alot closer to Japan than the USA.

The biggest threat to the Americans today is not Japan but the Ring of Fire....and how many of your own nuclear plants!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't think they plan on sealing it until they've stabilized the reactor, if at all. I don't think they even can stabilize the reactor, so the situation isn't very good. I don't think they even COULD seal it properly if they tried. Don't worry though, this will all blow over in a few weeks. The dangers of radiation are overhyped anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
I don't think they plan on sealing it until they've stabilized the reactor, if at all. I don't think they even can stabilize the reactor, so the situation isn't very good. I don't think they even COULD seal it properly if they tried. Don't worry though, this will all blow over in a few weeks. The dangers of radiation are overhyped anyway.

Overhy ped Dangers of Radiation

Caution on the above link: NSFMH (not safe for mental health)
edit on 5-4-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
The dangers of radiation are overhyped anyway.

No, the dangers are being constantly downplayed and ignored.
People are so scared they are willing to tell themselves outright lies and other nonsense to convince themselves everything's gonna be fine in the end. You're wrong.

People compare radioactive fallout pollution to X-rays and CAT scans, this is absurd and ludicrous, because the actual radioactive material is encased deep within the machines and never comes into contact with any human bodies. With radioactive fallout, the actual particles are landing everywhere - on our food, our soil, our trees, all the animals and people everywhere, all our possessions.

Also you said something like "This will all blow over in a few weeks". Yeah, it's blowing over right NOW, through the entire northern hemisphere - check the French Nuclear Agencies fallout models. And yes it will still be blowing over in a few weeks considering there is no progress being made whatsoever at containment.

Radioactive pollution can sometimes take hundreds of years to subside, and clean-up efforts are a joke as we humans have very little we can do to "clean-up" in the first place.

Yes it's going to blow over, but it will take decades to centuries for this to wrap up. This stuff is getting all over the place and vast areas of land are already uninhabitable for decades to centuries.

I hope everyone understands these obvious realizations.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
one pound of plutonium released into earths atmosphere would kill every living thing on the planet so this is bad

Source?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by majestic3

Source?

Can't you do the math yourself?

The atomic weight of Plutonium is (244)g·mol^-1

In a pound of Plutonium there are how many atoms?? Cmon now Chemistry 101 here.

There is only 6billion humans alive on Earth roughly, and if it only takes 1 good plutonium atom to ruin their life, that does it surprise you that one pound of plutonium has enough atoms in it to cover each of the 6billion humans?

Of course we should keep in mind that 99% of these atoms will merely fall into the ocean or onto the soil, but they could easily be picked up into our 'food chain' and then we could eat/drink them eventually.

But yes if we could make sure each atom from this pound of plutonium got into each person respectively, there would be enough in theory to kill everyone.

Also remember that Pluto is the God of the Underworld and the God of Death in mythology. So it only makes sense why they named this "Plutonium".

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Life as we know is coming to an end very soon.

There is no hope for anyone on this earth to survive.

No one seems to want to say exactly what is really happening.

I am not fear mongering. I want to know the truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

We are all gonna die. That is a fact.

Depending on your diet and lifestyle, you may live to be 50 or you may live to be 100. Cellular damage does not cause cancer directly. If your goal is to live a healthy life and you apply yourself to this goal, then your body can heal itself from any minor radiation damage.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
Life as we know is coming to an end very soon.
There is no hope for anyone on this earth to survive.
No one seems to want to say exactly what is really happening.
I am not fear mongering. I want to know the truth.

I think it's about 1/2 as bad (or as good) as we think. Worse than the news (official) will say, but better than the internet doomer will say. That being said, we should buckle up, and make sure our cat is happy. As long as the cat is happy, we will carry on.... (taking care of ourselves as well)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8dbfe45bc629.jpg[/atsimg]

ETA: if you don't have a cat, get one, it makes life so much easier....
edit on 5-4-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Do you know what Ecological "Dead Zones" are?

Dead zones are hypoxic (low-oxygen) areas in the world's oceans, the observed incidences of which have been increasing since oceanographers began noting them in the 1970s. These occur near inhabited coastlines, where aquatic life is most concentrated.

Dead Zone Wiki
And this is nothing, look at the map.

In March 2004, when the recently established UN Environment Programme published its first Global Environment Outlook Year Book (GEO Year Book 2003) it reported 146 dead zones in the world's oceans where marine life could not be supported due to depleted oxygen levels. Some of these were as small as a square kilometre (0.4 mi²), but the largest dead zone covered 70,000 square kilometres (27,000 mi²). A 2008 study counted 405 dead zones worldwide.[2][3]

So it went from 146 in 2003, to 405 zones in 2008. Sure maybe they missed some of them 5years prior, but common sense should tell you at least 100 of those newly discovered "dead zones" were created recently since the 2003 study.

This is just 1 of the ecological problems we are facing. Let's add in the oil industry or coal industry and the countless tons of pollution they throw into the mix. Let's add in chemical companies like DuPont etc. Let's add in the mess that Monsanto is creating.

In the end, you will see that this Fukushima disaster is just the tip of a bigger iceberg. They are problems we created and problems we want to ignore and pretend don't exist. They are incredibly serious problems that threaten our very way of life and threaten our civilization's integrity directly.

There have been many historical "Extinction Events" throughout the geological records, a famous extinction event was the death of the dinosaurs, for example.

In a million years, the geological record will reveal to people that our generation unleashed an extinction event upon ourselves and upon the animals/plants of this world.

We are in the early stages of a full scale extinction level event. The only hope for survival is adaptation. We have to adapt to the fact that large biomes are being destroyed and all types of food chains are being broken globally.

At the least, this is the end game for our current modern civilization. The old ways are dying rapidly because they create and cause too much death or destruction.

I still have a strong sentiment that we are opening the Pandora's Box and are looking at an ELE (extinction level event). The recent flap of birds and fish dying in great numbers is a perfect example of what the future holds for us if we do not alter our course immediately.

We don't have much time left. I am getting fed up with the nonsense honestly. We must act now and put a stop to these governments and corporations and hold them accountable for the disasters they are creating, and hopefully put a stop to them running amok.
edit on 5-4-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

Please stop with the radiation is good for you nonsense.

Downplaying this crisis doesn't help anyone, not even you.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
man, this is so f***ed!!! the one place and culture i've always wanted to live and be a part of is about to be ghost. i wish the people there would drop their pride and just leave. this is the worst disaster in history and it's barely an issue next to whether or not we're going to turn libya into the next al-qaeda

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Wow dude rude much? Excuse me for not being a chemistry/math wiz. All I wanted was something to verify it. A legit source ya know? I'm afraid you aren't one. Thanks though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join