It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Budget Plan to Eliminate National Debt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

So what you saying is Henry ford should have just stoped at the model-T and that is what we should be driving? When better ways to do things are found they should be used. I think until all other countries stop stock pilling arms we should NOT even think about it. We have wepons now that were in star trek. The Russians have not stoped building new bombs why on earth would/should we?

I'm sorry , but that is a garbish argument. Russia and China have mothballed most of their military hardware, some of it going back to the second world war. Not all of it, but certainly some. You have been brainwashed into thinking that they are developing great weapons and that they are such a threat to your country.

The only way China are a threat is the fact that you are such in debt to them that they basically own you. So what are you going to do? Start a war with them in order to get out of your debt?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
if your living on social security your already living in poverty. what do you people think social security is? living high on the hog with thousands to spare

Geez, the utter ignorance and disinfo on this site gets worse every day. A quick review of FACTS:

1. Social Security as a program is fully funded by employers and employees, without any government subsidy.

2. At present levels, Social Security is solvent until 2037. ( It IS NOT going bankrupt)

3. Social Security ISN'T an entitlement because the money being issued to recipients of the program is actually theirs to begin with!

For some reason Politicians seem to think they are entitled to take OUR MONEY away. Money WE contributed. No it was NEVER meant to subsidize a luxurious lifestyle as you jokingly alluded. It was intended as a well deserved benefit for retired working Americans who paid into the system to supplement their non income producing years along with personal savings, investments,401K's, insurance, annuities and other financial instruments.

Please do some homework before spewing any more falsehoods: www.ssa.gov...

edit on 5-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: typos

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Here is the FIRST one the popped up in my search it is from Feb 8th saying that next week they will cut funding. www.reuters.com... and you are the one claiming it is still "law of the land" YOU provide proof that it is.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

whatever

apparently someone here is ignorant of the facts SOCIAL SECURITY IS BROKE

SOCIAL SECURITY IS AN ENTITLEMENT for the simple fact there are millions of americans who are receiving it and have never worked a day in there life.

social security isnt funded by the employers IT IS PAID BY THOSE PEOPLE WHO DO WORK well its suppose to be too bad it isnt the case.

and people like YOU THINK THEY ARE ENTITLED to take money away from me AND GIVE TO OTHER PEOPLE so whats the difference.

yeah there is some utter ignorance in this thread but it itsnt coming from me

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Fine ANY first world country. We are not the only ones in this race. And it is not "brainwash" It's common sense. We should not stop making better weapons. It is that simple.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Banish the federal reserve and just print the damn money and pay it off. I laugh at the general consenscus that says this would be inflationary. The amount of derivate that would be called in would serve to actually shrink the money supply. those who are feeding at the trough need the national debt to help them leverage.

Continue to print money when it is NEEDED and never go into debt again. It is an astonishing simple solution. Instead of borrowing our money into existence lets just print it. No more worries about raising taxes or leaving the debt legacy to our kids and grandkids. Leave the money making and printing to the Treasury.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
By the way guys i like the debate! Some really good points already being made i think. That may just be my opinion though.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Here is the FIRST one the popped up in my search it is from Feb 8th saying that next week they will cut funding. www.reuters.com... and you are the one claiming it is still "law of the land" YOU provide proof that it is.

And that is an article talking about the budget...which hasn't passed yet...hence the funding has not been "blocked".

It is the law of the land, because the House passed it, the Senate passed it and the President signed it. That is how the process works.

There have been no bills passed to modify the health care reform, there have been no bills that have been passed that blocked the funding, and the court rulings have not stopped the implementation of health care reform bill.

I am claiming that the health care reform bill is the law of the land because it is.

You want me to prove it? Here: www.opencongress.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

apparently someone here is ignorant of the facts SOCIAL SECURITY IS BROKE

Got any LINKS or PROOF from an erudite, non partisan source? I'd love to see some.

yeah there is some utter ignorance in this thread but it itsnt coming from me

Lucky, stupidity (and denial) isn't a crime, so you are free to go.

edit on 5-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Banish the federal reserve and just print the damn money and pay it off. I laugh at the general consenscus that says this would be inflationary. The amount of derivate that would be called in would serve to actually shrink the money supply. those who are feeding at the trough need the national debt to help them leverage.

Continue to print money when it is NEEDED and never go into debt again. It is an astonishing simple solution. Instead of borrowing our money into existence lets just print it. No more worries about raising taxes or leaving the debt legacy to our kids and grandkids. Leave the money making and printing to the Treasury.

China would have your head on a plate if you did that. We all know it's happening anyway and it's only a matter of time when China pulls the rug and the $ is no longer the reserve currency. Damn even some European countries have stopped accepting $'s.

You need to go back to the gold index, otherwise you are screwed. The U.K is already screwed as we have sold all our gold.

link   
reply to post by neo96

Social security is not broke any more than you are broke by putting your savings in a bank. Once that money leaves your hands, the bank now owes you a debt. They take the money and lend it to others. Basically once you put your money in the bank, it goes right out the back door. How is this any different than how social security works?

The vast majority of social security beneficiaries did work and payed for their benefits. If we didn't have to borrow our money into existence it would all be a moot point as the money could be held in an account to accumulate.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

non partisan links just as soon as you provide yours

i wasn't the one trying to make the thread about the poster instead of the thread topic.

if you just want to think that your golden egg is going to be there for you when your going to need it feel free

other people know what the score is.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

apparently you do not know how a savings account works they do not lend it to anyone

and the vast majority of social security beneficiaries have never worked a day in their lives i know for a fact

my aunt who has never worked a day in her life and has never paid into receives $2000 a month

so that dog doesnt hunt.

if you people are just so gullable to think its going to be there for you then feel free your all sadly mistaken.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I like how he tries to sneak in the repeal of the Health Care Reform bill into his "budget" bill.

That right there should show anyone that this isn't a serious proposal for a serious budget bill.

You like how he tried to "sneak" in the repeal of the Health Care Reform bill that many large corporations have already gotten waivers so they don't have to follow?

I don't disagree that this isn't a serious budget bill but find your attack on such a bill partisan and therefore without merit.

If the Health Care Reform bill is so great, why are there hundreds of corporations, in addition to States that are lining up to circumvent this wonderful bill?

Can you tell us where you buy your rose colored glasses???? I'd love a pair!! It must be nice seeing reality as you wish it to be rather than as it is.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So far i agree with most of what you have said.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

if your living on social security your already living in poverty. what do you people think social security is? living high on the hog with thousands to spare

Geez, the utter ignorance and disinfo on this site gets worse every day. A quick review of FACTS:

1. Social Security as a program is fully funded by employers and employees, without any government subsidy.

2. At present levels, Social Security is solvent until 2037. ( It IS NOT going bankrupt)

3. Social Security ISN'T an entitlement because the money being issued to recipients of the program is actually theirs to begin with!

For some reason Politicians seem to think they are entitled to take OUR MONEY away. Money WE contributed. No it was NEVER meant to subsidize a luxurious lifestyle as you jokingly alluded. It was intended as a well deserved benefit for retired working Americans who paid into the system to supplement their non income producing years along with personal savings, investments,401K's, insurance, annuities and other financial instruments.

Please do some homework before spewing any more falsehoods: www.ssa.gov...

edit on 5-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: typos

I agree with most of what you'e saying. Personally, I view Social Security as a government run Ponzi scheme. It's unsustainable in the long term. Say I earn an average of 80k a year over a 40 year career. That's $3.2 million in earnings with 6.2% from employer and another 6.2% from me. That would be $384,000 in my "account". Assuming I'm eligible for $2,000 per month at retirement age. I'd have exhausted my contributions in 16 years. Granted, I'm oversimplifying things a bit, but with people living longer and longer, outliving your contributions will only increase over the coming decades. I'm not sure, but it's a safe bet that my contributions to date aren't sitting in Pete's account....they're pooled and payed out to current recipients. If they weren't, SS would be running a huge yearly deficit, so in effect, they're using my money to pay people who've already retired.

We're also forgetting about the few million disabled people, most legit, but also quite a few who aren't. They're collecting benefits usually far earlier than planned while having contributed far less than planned. To me, that's an entitlement. If not, their benefits should run out when they've exhausted what they're contributed. I mean all you have to do is have something like 40 credits, which I believe equates to about 10 years of working in order to retire, I mean collect full disability. Unsustainable, especially as millions more retire over the next decade.

Lastly, I was taught that social security was to always be thought of as a supplement to other sources of retirement income. I even had teachers back in high school tell me back then not to plan on SS being around when I retire. Imagine that, people were aware this was a ponzi schema 25 years ago.

Another thing, I just realized that I'm taking home more money each week, and have been since January I believe. Do you know why? The government reduced the amount of ss taxes being withheld to stimulate the economy. That's billions less in ss revenue...

edit on 5-4-2011 by peter_kandra because: added to post

edit on 5-4-2011 by peter_kandra because: fat finger typos

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I like how he tries to sneak in the repeal of the Health Care Reform bill into his "budget" bill.

That right there should show anyone that this isn't a serious proposal for a serious budget bill.

You like how he tried to "sneak" in the repeal of the Health Care Reform bill that many large corporations have already gotten waivers so they don't have to follow?

I don't disagree that this isn't a serious budget bill but find your attack on such a bill partisan and therefore without merit.

If the Health Care Reform bill is so great, why are there hundreds of corporations, in addition to States that are lining up to circumvent this wonderful bill?

Can you tell us where you buy your rose colored glasses???? I'd love a pair!! It must be nice seeing reality as you wish it to be rather than as it is.

Are you aware what the waivers are for?

Do you realize the waivers do not exempt these corporations from the entire health care bill...or any of the health care bill???

Let me educate you a little.

They are temporary waivers, that allow corporations to continue to provide "mini-med" plans to their employees. These plans can not meet the no annual cap limit that is put in place by the legislation, so instead of making these companies drop all these mini-med plans the waivers allow them to continue offering these mini-med plans only until 2014 when the state exchanges will be in place for these people to get affordable health plans. After 2014, there are no "waivers".

I do not wear rose colored glasses sir...I wear clear glasses that allow me to see facts and not talking points fed to me by Fox News or some other conservative blog. Since these are the only outlets pushing this "waiver" issue...that must be where you are getting your partisan talking point from.

Next time you want to attack me, please get your facts straight and leave the partisan rhetoric at the door. I may support Obama and openly so, but at least I don't parrot partisan talking points every chance I get. This combined with your Pelosi mis-quote is really all I need to know to deduce where you get your "facts" from.
edit on 5-4-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

This thread is being watched closely by the staff and any off-topic, rude or inflamatory remarks will be removed. We ask that you please review the following threads:

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

The End of Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS (was ALL MEMBERS READ)
YOU are responsible for your own posts.

No other warnings will be given before removal of posts and potential loss of posting privileges occurs.

Thank You

ATS Staff

edit on 4/5/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

my aunt who has never worked a day in her life and has never paid into receives $2000 a month

Ironic then that you are lambasting the Social Security System and admittedly have a family relative who (according to you) is abusing the system.
I don't have ANY family members on SS who didn't pay their fair share into SS.

edit on 5-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join