It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Targets Marijuana Smokers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Its so stupid. If the pot is stronger you smoke less of it. These people making these bill obviously have not smoked before.

Why dont they outlaw hard liquor, becuase if you drank 12Oz. of Tequila you would be #faced, but you dont, you drink 12OZ of beer, and 1oz of tequilla.

If the pot is strong you take 1-2 hits. Actually smoking too much is uncomfortable and you would never take more than you need, unlees thru peer pressure, in which case you will simply eat too much and fall asleep.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Where do they get this "Super Pot!" that's 2x stronger than stuff from the 80's??? The best sinstoemalia I've ever seen/smoked hasn't changed. How about the claim that this alleged stronger weed is more harmful? Does it contain more tar or other by-product? Give me a break! This is just the next shinny object to distract the ignorant public!

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Government drug "experts" are always a bit daft though.

One of my favorite movie lines is when "drug dealer" Mel Gibson in Tequila Sunrise is watching a news clip where DEA agents estimate the outragous "street value" of what they just confiscated from him...

"I'd like to know what street that is."

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Pot in the 70s and 80s was better as far as the stuff the average guy would get on the street. Now all you get is mexican junk [Damm Mexicans]unless you get the pricey custom stuff. The biggest problem with drugs in this country is not illeagel drugs but perscription drug abuse but look at who makes money off of them? I would be willing to bet the same people that want to pass these new laws also have some kind of connection to drug companies. Some people call Prozak legal Marajuana and I bet pound for pound they sell more pain killers than pot.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I HATE BUSH!!!
Now I'm gonna send $$$ to the DNC!

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Much of the gangsta rap community talks about/encourages marijuana use in their music. Seems like this could be racially driven as well as a slap at the medical maryjane situation. So much for The Chronic.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

These boards are turning into a marijuana / homosexuality street party...

I thought topics involving pot were not allowed anyways.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think this part is funny from that article ( news.bbc.co.uk... )

"But don't you know this is against Islam?" says Mr Costa, holding up a poppy bulb.

The farmer looks up plaintively. "There's freedom now, it's a democracy isn't it?"

Hey! That's the way a real democracy works! In a democracy shouldn't the populus of afghanistan decide wether growing poppy plants is illegal or not?

df1

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
I thought topics involving pot were not allowed anyways.

If the president chooses to make marijuana a political issue by changing the governments policy on the substance, it is unreasonable to have the expectation that it should be ignored. However given the support for legalization in the posts following the article, I can see why supporters of the president would like to keep people in the dark.

Duplicity and secrecy are the hallmarks of the bush administration, so your subtle critique is no surprise.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I know something that kills far more people, has a much higher impact on health, wreaking organs and causing dangerous obesety.

BAN ALL FASTFOOD

Thats a real killer, don't even mind about the dope, alcohol and softdrugs.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Smile for the camera's Mr. President! This is a media stunt, nothing more. He already displayed his assertiveness with Operations Pipe Dream and Head Hunter back in 2k2-2k3. These ops arrested glass pipe venders. Besides, the government has the most powerful strain of Marijuana on the face of this plantet. Its called #134. It has 70-82% THC content, verus street weed. Mexican Brick (cheap) weed versus Nederwiet (Amsterdam weed) has only a maximun difference of 9% THC content. Mexican Brick being 1.2-2% potent, Nederwiet being 9-12% potent. The government started this super weed #134 on the East coast in Labs as research for glaucoma and medical useage. I have personally examined a specimen of this plant under a microscope. Thousands of micro leaves/buds on one one-inch stem. No seeds. I think that this is, and should, end up being legalized. Tax it heavily and put the money into national education reforms. Look @ our brother to the North. Canada has practically legalized it. So has Seattle. In Seattle, a city ordinance overrides state/federal law stating the a private citizen in possesion of a quarter ounce (troy) or less will be fined $25 (Equiv. street cost of 1/4 ounce). Any higher amount found on one person at a time will result in prosecusion as "intent to deliver." You can also have upto 3 plants legally in Seattle. Hmmmm....any how, maybe in the future it will be legalized if for no other reason for medical useage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join