It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Targets Marijuana Smokers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
df1

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Claiming that todays marijuana is more potent than marijuana of the past and education is failing to curtail marijuana use, the White House is going to crack down on marijuana users instead of users of much harder drugs such as coc aine and heroin.

www.guardian.co.uk
New super-strength marijuana readily available on US streets is prompting the White House to change direction in its war against drugs.

Research from the government-sponsored Marijuana Potency Project claims today's cannabis is more than twice as strong as in the mid-Eighties, leading to greater health risks for those smoking it at increasingly younger ages.

Now President George Bush, who had already promised a more aggressive campaign against substance abuse, has ordered that resources be allocated to fighting so-called 'soft' drugs instead of concentrating on harder forms, such as heroin and coc aine.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This move is expected to increase Bush family profits from the coc aine industry by reducing law enforcements efforts to curtail coc aine use. The President's father has been linked to a CIA operation to import coc aine into the US through Mena, AR. The President himself is rumored to be a former coc aine addict & alcoholic and younger Bush family members have been connected to smuggling crack & coc aine into drug treatment facilities in Florida as well as recreational coc aine use.

Obviously this is a very personal issue to the Bush family.

Edit: Mod edit to title only. Removed POLITICS:

[edit on 27-7-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'd say it's more likely the herion we're moving out of Afghanistan df1.

Mmmmm, Republican heroin. *drool*

Yes, by all means. Shift focus to the pot smokers!

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
gotta make the streets safe for that northern alliance premium. we've got a war to fund, don't you know?

yep. crack down on a weed. it grows out of the ground. hell, it will grow out of cracks in the sidewalk. money well spent.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
George W. Bush takes America back to the stone age.
(Instead of Bush taking you forward into the stoned age.
)

When the Patriot II act is passed and the authorities can kick in your door at 3am with CS gas grenades, guns blazing with no warrant, I wonder how many Americans will feel they live in a safe democracy.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If marijuana is so bad then why have I never heard of an adult going to rehab for their marijuana addiction? The only ones who get "help" for it are kids who's parents send them there and those who are court ordered to do so. I do suspect that Bush is not making money off pot and somehow is off the harder drugs. Cocaine kills! It is a problem, marijuana is not, increased potency or not it is still a mild drug.

i blame my typos on the pot

[edit on 24-7-2004 by jrod]

df1

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I'd say it's more likely the herion we're moving out of Afghanistan df1.

Mmmmm, Republican heroin. *drool*

My bad, I didnt even consider that afghan angle.

"Halliburton Heroin", does have a distinctive ring to it when you say it.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
My bad, I didnt even consider that afghan angle.

No?
It's growing at an alarming rate:

news.bbc.co.uk...

As for coc aine, ever wonder what Coca-Cola do with all that processed coc aine by-product from their amazing, healthy, flavour explosion of a drink?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
You heard the man! Get off your lazy, pot-smoking butts and start snorting coke. Then, after a hard night of partying your nose off, consider taking a nice long ride on the white horse.

Looks like munchies are out and thin is in, agin.

df1

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
As part of the bush family's popular marketing strategy the president will be shown on billboards in major metropolitan areas.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
funny, this coming from the snowman. He did enough blow to power the entire air national guard and pot's power on our youth is just too strong
too bad he got out of that car when he wrapped it around a tree

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Shiit, you crack me up df1. If pot is soo bad then why aren't they going after alcohol again and spur on another era of prohibition. I mean how many reports of car accidents do you hear that are marijuana related? You do hear of tons of them that are alcohol related. So what is the problem with weed?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Because if there was no liquor what would his constituants/supporters do in their spare time? They get drunk off their asses and bitch about "the extreme leftist freedom mongers" and some such. Maybe their ideas sound better when they're all drunk off their asses. Pot though..it inspires niceness. People get along. Don't see someone beating their wife when they've smoked a bowl do you?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by asara
Because if there was no liquor what would his constituants/supporters do in their spare time? They get drunk off their asses and bitch about "the extreme leftist freedom mongers" and some such. Maybe their ideas sound better when they're all drunk off their asses. Pot though..it inspires niceness. People get along. Don't see someone beating their wife when they've smoked a bowl do you?

In Chinese medicine, it's believed alcohol consumption increases that person's anger, because of the effects on the liver.

We already know alcohol kills brain cells - literally. The buzz you get is from your brain being depleted of oxygen.

So, the only form of legal intoxicant is something that makes you angry and stupid.

Sounds just like something a government wants its people to be. "All your problems are from brown Arabs!" "Yeah, kill them sand-'n-word's, they ain't human!"

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Of course, we're talking about a gov't that doesn't trust it's own people with simple things like truth. Some of the best music and things have come from recreational drugs, some of the worst acts of history came from a man drinking too much. *sighs* but they've got the "moral highground" so the sheeple follow them and drink their case of budweiser every weekend like good consumers

It's easier to hate when you're #ed up on alcohol, and to drag someone behind your truck for being different

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What a waste of time, that rat bastard. Trying to stop people smoking weed, and locking people in jail for smoking weed is the wrong thing to do. People have tried it and failed before. Everyone comes to the conclucsion that it isn't worth it. In the seventies in states like Oregon pot was decriminilized. It saved many tax dollars and showed no increase of marijuana use. Maybe this shows that George still has a soft spot for coke after all this time? Is he taking out his frustrations with his own drug history on those who want to smoke a natural herb?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Maybe Jesus told him to take the bad bad bad pot away from the evil hippies. Just like Jesus told that one woman to stone her children to death. Maybe he's trying to spur on the "end times." Of course George has a soft spot for coke
There's a man who could've benefitted from a few NA meetings that's for sure

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Bush is the LOWEST denominator, appealling to the lowest common denominator.

Just when you try to think he has one iota of merit, he proves you wrong.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Crimony, why does every pot smoker immediately turn on alcohol?

It's a civil liberties issue or it's nothing. If your method of supporting your particular civil liberties is to bash other people's please don't bother.

M.A.D.D. doesn't need your help.

The whole "but pot is good for you" argument is a huge excercise in who gives a crap.

Can we all get on the same page here? Just my opinion as someone that uses nothing, thinks pot is stupid, but still supports your right to smoke yourself stupid!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Screw it. the point was that if they're really worried about crime they can go after the poppy fields in afghanistan too. But no, they make money off things like that, and launch "wars against drugs" to distract people from other things. They don't care, it's all just a stupid little distraction,and we all know it. a way to dispose of "undesirable citizens" that's all it is and all it ever will be.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
*sigh*

Bush just lost my vote with this one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join