It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Late Introduction: Things Man Was Not Meant To Know

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
duncanidaho: Any friend of House Atreides is a friend of mine. Compliments never required, but always admired.

But would you accept the "Mark of Muad'Dib"? (Just for our "concerned" friends at "Conspiracies in Religions")

muckminer: A pleasure. As for the "Bush Lies" thread, it certainly makes for an interesting case study, and seems to highlight elements of the classic literary struggle, complete with all the archetypes.

Well not quite all the archetypes... the drama has not risen to a requisite absurdity level and thereby eliciting the dread simian shadow of mirth to cast a jocular predilection upon the sophomoric vitriol that your travail has spiraled into.

Faced with the endless chorus of taunts from his evil nemesis Don Guillermo, Majic tries vainly not to take his dusty old flamethrower down from its place above the mantlepiece and thereby fall into his old ways. Desperately, he covers his ears, struggling not to be dragged back into the abyss.

Yes pilgrim, leave the shootin' iron where it is, lest yee fall back into the ways of "The Unforgiven"... drinkin' whiskey, cursin', an' a killin'... instead of the righteous vocation of purveyin' dry goods, and farm implements.

Looking heavenward, he appeals to the gods for intervention or guidance. Will he overcome the temptation, or fall into darkness? We anxiously await the denouement, unknowing of its outcome.

I'm afraid the only thing that going to fall your way (in terms of divine gifts) is an empty Coke bottle, the gods being apathetic, angry, or of course... crazy.

The central literary device is that Don Guillermo and Majic are mirrors of one another, more alike than different, each driven by a self-destructive hunger for divine justice, and thus destined to remain locked in a deadly embrace throughout all eternity. Or are they?

Why do I have the mental image of Don Guillermo standing over Majic (as he clutches to a wind driven thread) saying "Look deep within yourself Majic... I AM YOUR FATHER"! and then Majic dropping off into the ether screaming "Noooooooo"! Not to mention DG's Avatar, Darth Sidious, aka "The Junior Senator from a state that was dumb enough to elect me"... sounds like Senator Palpatine to me.

[edit on 26/7/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
OMG Mirthful that's hilarious!

Always a distinct honor to be blessed by a visit from the Great Tailed One himself!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Mmmm, interesting.

Majic, rather than fuel your already bulging sack of compliments from our fellow ATSer's, I will not mention your extremely eloquent introduction and rapier wit, greet you well, and say 'hello'....

Oh bugger.

Benjj

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Very nice intro..... Welcome to the great ATS... Enjoy your long and enlighting stay...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hi Majic,

I'm a newbie here and enjoyed reading your intro.
Hope to enjoy more of your posts!

aWoman

BR

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thank you Majic. I can see that our minds work in similar ways.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Agreement with me or belief in my claims is not a term of service for ATS.

If it were up to me I would surely make it so.

Welcome aboard.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What an articulate entry, welcome Aboard Majic

If you have any questions about how the Universe works, dont hesitate to contact one of the Moderators by U2U.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

LOL i did this to Masqua so i'm doing it to Majic as well.

Welcome to ATS Majic!!

Need any help with anything then just ask.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine here on ATS!

Cya around.

Am i now
for the mocking of a Super.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Rising Against]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join