It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***News Flash*** We Have Been In The End Times From The Moment Christ Ascended Into Heaven.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
All the talk about 2012 and the end of the world, or the time Christ will return is nothing more than misinformation.

The truth is when Christ was crucified, dead, descended into Hell and Ascended into heaven we have been in the end of times.

Remember, God states in Matthew 24: 36-37

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man

Be aware, all the predictions about:" the end will be on a specific date" are false. Be cautious of anyone that tells you they know when Jesus will return or when he will call his church up to heaven,(rapture)

Since the time of Christ's death every generation thought they would be the one to witness His return. We are no different. So many say they know the exact date Jesus will return or when the world will end, and I say it is absolutely impossible to know that information.

We as humans are very curious. We feel the need to know, analyze and re-analyze everything. Remember, Satan is the great deceiver, he loves it when we divert our eyes and heart from God and become consumed with worry and fear. Instead of focusing on the when and where we should be be preparing our hearts to meet our Creator, not just today but everyday.

Some things will remain unknown until the end. We will not know that day until it occurs.
It will happen when we least expect it. We must stay vigilant.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Kindly,
Pax

edit on 5-4-2011 by paxnatus because: grammar

edit on 5-4-2011 by paxnatus because: grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Yes that`s a good argument.

Actually, obviously something went wrong when you posted, but I hadn`t thought of the theory suggested by your thread title, and I await your actual post eagerly.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

You are correct, but you may want to elaborate for everyone else.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Since i cant agree with nothing you've written, i'll just agree to not agree

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

Maybe what wrong with the posting was when the OP attempted to find sources he/she found a lot of contradictory evidence. That usually happens when you go back and read the Bible, so I understand completely

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Seriously, well thought out.
Just....wow. Hahaha

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think that is the first time i have ever read NEWS FLASH and it flashed so fast I could not read it. But at the same time, your heading speaks for itself and I can agree with what you are saying. Unless you would like to add more.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I find myself unable to agree. The "end" is a relative term, its farther away from the beginning and closer as it nears. The end started the moment the beginning stopped - when was that? The idea is valid though but this isn't the beginning of the end, this is the end of the beginning.

By the way we're detecting a launch of atheist trolls. ETA in 3, 2, 1...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
my understanding of theology...the Bible lists periodic covenants between God and man (Adam covenent, Noah, patriarchs, etc). the final covenant of this age began when Jesus ascended. the next covenant stage/era will be the millenium.
it's Friday night, and Saturday's coming.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

***News Flash***
Your religion of hatred and self-loathing is on a downward spiral. It has taken two thousand years, but the masses are waking up to the fact that the doomsday tripe your false prophets convinced all of the idiots of history to believe, has been used solely to dominate and sow chaos throughout the world. We are waking up and we will not allow these idiocies to promote actions leading to the destruction of our world. Armageddon will only happen if we allow the fools of this world to cause it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
God is dead.

~Nietzsche

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We'll, that does it. I'm definitely convinced now.

Oh wait.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Oh my Gosh! Thanks you guys! Geez I accidentally hit enter to move the cursor and hadn't typed a thing! Some of the greatest humor lives on ATS!

Pax

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Rev.22:21.

Note to self. Never mix mescaline and psilocybin.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
John said; "Children,it is the last hour"-2John ch2 v18
I think the statement in the thread title is sound theology, except that I would push it back slightly to "from the moment Christ rose from the dead".
The argument I've seen is that resurrection was part of the expectation of the end-times; therefore the resurrection of Christ signalled the beginning of the end-times, and we have been living in them ever since.
That is the point of the story in Matthew about how "many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised" after the resurrection of Christ.
To rephrase Churchill, the events of Easter were "the beginning of the End".

I would also agree that trying to calculate the time of the final events is a mistake. Amongst other things, it is a symptom of insufficient faith. Faith is patient, and will wait for God to do things in his own time.
edit on 5-4-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
that is a long time for an end time...

kx

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The thing is was jesus Christ a person or an Object from the the heaven? Or did jesus warn of an event coming from the Heavens. I think the answers are more based on what is going on out there, than what we tend to believe happened on the planet. Even the term jesus died on the cross could relate to an astrological event. I can't believe he died and rose from the dead. Something major must of happened for time to start over. The question is when is it going to happen again.

I know that might sound crazy, but thats what religion does to people sometimes

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Thank you so much for your post. You are exactly right and I actual meant to say His Resurrection. Thanks for catching this. Wish i could change the title. Hopefully people will get my point.

Again, I appreciate it.

Pax

edit on 5-4-2011 by paxnatus because: typo

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

The thing is was jesus Christ a person or an Object from the the heaven? Or did jesus warn of an event coming from the Heavens.

Jesus was the son of God, sent to us by God to die for all the sins of mankind past, present and future. He came as the one and only perfect human being so we could identify with him. He actually was killed on a cross, quite common in those days. The difference is when he died he descended into Hell where he defeated death and rose from the dead. This is the Victory. He defeated death so we will have everlasting life with Him.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
´´Since the time of Christ's death every generation thought they would be the one to witness His return. We are no different. So many say they know the exact date Jesus will return or when the world will end, and I say it is absolutely impossible to know that information. ´´

true, but dont forget the planet is evolving into future also. That means that something like armageddon ( WW3 ) will likeley to happen in future..

I definitley think the details/ reports of credible spiritual teachers like Steiner or Cayce are right, who describe heavy future changes.
edit on 1-12-2013 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join