It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan's independence, your opinion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have a question, Are things that are made in Taiwan say "Made in China" on them?

That last person said they do ALOT of maneufacturing, but most things I see say "Made in China", I cant recal ever seeing a "Made in Taiwan".

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
I have a question, Are things that are made in Taiwan say "Made in China" on them?

That last person said they do ALOT of maneufacturing, but most things I see say "Made in China", I cant recal ever seeing a "Made in Taiwan".

Hi There, no, along time ago, thing were all Made in Taiwan. Now the majority of Computer components are made in Taiwan because of advance manufacturing techniques. The "Made In China" things are all like toys, furniture, stuff that you don't need to manufacture in labs with stringent controls.

Also there are alot of Taiwanese owned American computer companies. Of course they all outsource to Taiwan. Examples: Nvidia, Viewsonic, Kingston, Acer, to name a few...

There is a New vibrating condom by the way that was just invented in Taiwan. Should hit the U.S. market soon. Check ebay =)

Have you ever watched the movie armageddon with bruce willis? There is a scene in space where something malfunctions. The russian cosmonaut turns to the american astronaut and says: " Russia, America, no difference. All made in Taiwan." HAHAH Go watch the movie again. =)

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The reason that Taiwan became so advanced in the computer industry is because alot of Graduate students went to the U.S. to study at the likes of M.I.T., Stanford, Harvard etc... They wanted to stay in the U.S. but due to immigration difficulties, they returned to Taiwan. They then took their nifty engineering degrees to start companies. Ritek, for instance is the 2nd largest Manufacture of OEM dvds and makes dvds for Universal, Warner, etc...

Taiwanese in general love Americans, and with good reason. Most are American educated, and the second language taught in school is english, although more and more schools are teaching Taiwanese (as opposed to Mandarin) as a second language.

The last president of Taiwan was a graduate of Cornell university I believe. He took a trip back to the states to give a speech at his Alma mater.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyverseven
Taiwanese in general love Americans, and with good reason. Most are American educated, and the second language taught in school is english, although more and more schools are teaching Taiwanese (as opposed to Mandarin) as a second language.

You mean Cantonese?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout

Originally posted by guyverseven

You mean Cantonese?

No, I mean Taiwanese. It is a dialect of Taiwan. It's not Mandarin, and It's not cantonese. Cantonese is spoken in Hong Kong and the Guangzhou province of China. Taiwanese came from, I believe Fujian provence when the VERY first chinese emmigrated to Taiwan. =) Taiwanese and Hong Kongnese don't understand eachother when each is speaking in their respective dialects.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

A handful of such items still say made in Taiwan, ROC, but most simply say Made in Taiwan.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Remove the ever present threat of total destruction from the people of Taiwan. Then see what the population wants. If the population wants Independance, the US should fully support this.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by FredT]

I absolutely 100% agree with this statement, if the PEOPLE want it the U.S. should support 100%

zlw

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is quite interesting a topic for Chinese, and as a chinese, I present my points:
1. I definitely hope there's no war, by any excuse.
2. I don't think Mainland will invade in a short term. CCP will risk too much to do that. They, to my understanding, fight rather for their own benefit than the Nation's. However, there are still possibilities for the invasion to happen, for example, a economic/political crisis may lead to a war.
3. I myself value people's rights more than Nation/Government's, so it'll be better if things stay in where they are, waiting for Mainland's evolution, which is a rather bitter and long-term process, I think.

And to reply the Propaganda things in china, brought forward by several guys:
It does work on most Chinese people, as the Nazi's on germans, plus the chinese traditions make the situation worse. And obviously a drunk man denies that he's drunk.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join