It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you smarter than a fifth grader? Raaaaaaaagggggeeefaaaceeeee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just walked through the room on my way back in from my walk. And I unfortunately happened to catch a glimpse of the TV and the show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?".

God what a god-awful show (no religion). The "contestants" are stupid as #. And how can people actually sit down and spend, sorry, waste their time watching this?

And that Jeff Foxworthy, probably one of the worst people on earth. Worst personality type and his "comedy" sucks.

Best rant everrr.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I stopped questioning why certain programs on the glowing mind warping tube box are popular when I first saw the Jersey shore. After that day I forsook television forever. I will never turn one on again to watch our "entertainment" in this country.

Unless its HBO...because they have good shows IMO

edit on 5-4-2011 by Openeye because: HBO!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Like what?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Boardwalk Empire, Curb your Enthusiasm, True Blood. Those are current anyway.

From the past. Sopranos, The Wire, Oz

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
yeah, but i want on to that show...an easy quarter million for me!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
I stopped questioning why certain programs on the glowing mind warping tube box are popular when I first saw the Jersey shore. After that day I forsook television forever. I will never turn one on again to watch our "entertainment" in this country.

Unless its HBO...because they have good shows IMO

edit on 5-4-2011 by Openeye because: HBO!!

Jersey Shore or the Kardashians for me, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, anything on MTV basically.... yeah, the death of television. What is great about that is TV has become so horrible, more intelligent people are turning it off and waking up from their life long comas.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I watched it a couple of times and it was a
very humbling experience.I didn't realize how
much I had forgotten since graduating from
high school in 1973.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by heyJude

I watched it a couple of times and it was a
very humbling experience.I didn't realize how
much I had forgotten since graduating from
high school in 1973.

signature:
Yeshua the truth and the life.Peace for
Jerusalem and Israel.USCCA member.
Boondock-Saint for president.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

So,do you have a problem with my signature?
If so,that is too bad because I don't!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by heyJude

Boardwalk Empire, Curb your Enthusiasm, True Blood. Those are current anyway.

From the past. Sopranos, The Wire, Oz

True Blood? True Blood is corny

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The things they put on TV are horrible these days.... yet the sheeple still eat it up \=

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Best show on TV right now: The Borgias
Best show on TV before that: Pillars of the Earth

Both way too smart for a 5th grader.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've always wondered why people equate watching TV with somehow being a mindless zombie or uncultured swine.

Personally, I enjoy a variety of TV shows, movies, music, books, etc. I can enjoy a nice rendition of Vivaldi's Four Seasons just as much as Metallica's Enter Sandman, or even Katy Perry's California Girls. I can enjoy an episode of Survivor, just as much as an episode of Ancient Mysteries. Likewise, I can go watch Suckerpunch or The King's Speech in the theaters.

Life is too short to be snobby about entertainment options. To each their own, and making generalities about people based on shows they watch is just absurd.

I'm a reverse snob when it comes to books though. I find most of the cherished "classics" to be awful, awful stories, with unsatisfying endings, and after many of them, felt like I wasted all that time vested in the stories. On the other hand, there are some prolific and successful authors whose work I like a lot better than any Hemmingway or Dickens novel.

As for Fifth Grader...yeah, not a great show, but it's on at a "filler" time as I get home from work. Sometimes, these questions were NOT grade appropriate. For example, this was one question..."On which sea is the capital of Azerbaijan?" (no multiple choice either, hehe...). I wonder how many of you would know this without Google. I even got this one wrong, and I'm pretty up on my geography (I named the sea on the other side of the area). I knew I had a 50/50 shot (Caspian or Mediterranean)...but even getting to that point, you'd have to be somewhat more aware than a 5th grader. What 5th grader is really going to know this?

On at least TWO occasions I can recall (that I've seen the show, which isn't a lot of episodes), they've also been WRONG.

1) What is the biggest bear in the world? Their answer, was the Polar Bear. This is actually kind of in contention between the Kodiak Brown Bear (in the Grizzly family of bears) and the Polar Bear. Some sources will say one, some the other. Having seen both of them stuffed and mounted, I'd vote for the Kodiak.

2) What percentage of the Earth's surface is covered by water? Their percentages were multiple choice, and the actual number, was pretty much right between two of their choices.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join