19 Reasons Why The Federal Reserve Is At The Heart Of Our Economic Problems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Source

If you really want to understand what is causing our economic problems, it is absolutely crucial that you understand exactly what the Federal Reserve system is and how it is systematically destroying our economy. Once you understand the truth about the Federal Reserve, you will view economic issues a whole lot differently.

The Federal Reserve is one of the most insidious entities ever shoved down the throats of the American people. I felt this was a good summary and figured I'd share. I'm sure in most cases I'm preaching to the choir but if nothing else you can forward the link to those who haven't figured out exactly who is responsible for their currency becoming more worthless by the hour.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

If the dollar is worthless, you wonder why everyone's worried about how many dollars are being spent, or how large the deficit grows?

Uncovered: New $2 billion bailout in Obamacare
washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
For some reason no matter how many times I hear that our economic problems are caused by this and caused by that I still feel that our problems come from the militaries new mission of nation building. We are destroying this nation by nation building other countries. The military and state department are sucking us dry by sending our economy to other countries to win hearts and minds. USAID and USDOD are out of control and unchecked for the trillions that are spent.
edit on 5-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Makes you think that the best jobs are in the military? So, you thinking Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard....or, better paying yet: private security firms. And the foods a lot better, too.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
for the people who just dont get what the federal reserve is it does more than just devalue the dollar.

the federal reserve controls then entire financial system in america

interest rates for everything
car loans
home loans
credit card rates

everything!

every single thing you can think of and if that wasn't bad enough obama new creating the consumer protection agency added more control over what the federal reserve didn't.

the value of the dollar is the key here in 1913 $1 dollar has the purchasing power of $20 today do you people get it now?

if the value of the dollar double which is possible half the deficit could vanish over night hypothetically.

when any entity has that much power it is a clear and present danger to this country
edit on 5-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Bozzchem, I tend to have to agree with you. Many in our country don't understand the fundamentals of our current monetary policy. Further, they don't know anything about the gold standard, and why it was removed. The Constitution, under Article 1 Section 8, clearly defines the coining of money.

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

Within, the statement about weights and measures, was designed, and implemented because the founding fathers knew, that gold was a tangible asset. An asset worth using as a " backing " of currency.

Sadly, many citizens don't even know that the Federal Reserve was established in 1913, nor do they know the names behind this monopoly. ( just for those who don't know, JP Morgan, Rothschild, and Rockefeller)
They were the culprits whom lobbied for the Central Banking, pushing " elastic currency".
Currency that we see nowadays, being created out of thin air, is the prime reason we are in this mess. No oversight, no regulation, and to top things off, laws that actually protect the Federal reserve from any audits, or investigation, under the premise of " private organization".

You see, many people dont know that the Federal Reserve, is not part of the USG franchise. Its private, which allows the monopoly to gain momentum.

Sad really, if people of this country would only take the time to educate themselves on the monetary policy, where it derived, and the reasonings behind it, more people would stand up, and rise against the machine.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

the gold standard was removed so they could manipulate the dollar for two reasons.

money backed by nothing is more easliy manipulated and printed out of thin air which is something they couldnt do with gold.

golds value increased for the simple fact its not tied to anything and there is a finite supply of gold.

there is no finiite supply of something you can make yourself

there is not enough gold in the world to back the multi trillions of us currency in this country and world.

the gold standard will never come back its that simple

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Makes you think that those who know how to make money (Soros, Gates, Allen, et al), make all the money. Everyone else in the world.....it's Darwinian.

Yep, seven billion poor people.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I realize that. The point I was trying to make, was that many don't even know " why " the gold standard was removed. Further, many don't know that in 1933, FDR deemed it illegal for private ownership of gold. It wasnt till 1971, under Nixon, that, that was repealed.

yes, the gold standard will never be re-implemented. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. But IMO, we need some type of tangible asset backing our currency, without it will remain worthless. But then again, its been worthless for decades.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
But blaming the gold standard. The same banks you see devaluing the dollar are the same that are behind the USDOD nad USAID. The war and nation building they are doing is the source of the drain sucking everything down right now. Those same call them "NWO" forces are building the bombs and making money. Pulling there money out of our economy and sending it to the new nation building project. Collecting our tax dollars as USAID gives it to them to do a nation building project. And buying our poloticians with new found money to get tax breaks while they do this. Does the gold really have much to do with that? NWO forces are the global corporations behind most of this.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

yeah man you said it better than i and after re reading your comment in 1913 that $1 dollar was backed by gold at the time.

it sucks for us and i was just wondering can people still cash in those older gold and silver certicates? considering their prices they are serious worth more now than they have ever been

i blame wilson for the federal reserve btw

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

yeah man you said it better than i and after re reading your comment in 1913 that $1 dollar was backed by gold at the time.

it sucks for us and i was just wondering can people still cash in those older gold and silver certicates? considering their prices they are serious worth more now than they have ever been

i blame wilson for the federal reserve btw

and the sad thing is, Wilson then tried to save face by that address to the nation, where is condemned the central banking, under the premise of another financial panic.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ugh, how do people believe these claims on a site that has "deny ignorance" as a slogan is beyond me...

Seriously, look at the first few claims;

#1 The Federal Reserve system is a debt-based financial system.

Yeah, it's called fractional reserve banking. Of course the person writing this doesn't understand what fractional reserve banking actually is and offers his rant instead.

Hell, let's just go down one or two more to find one that's just so wrong that it made me respond to this topic;

#3 The power of money creation and debt creation is in the hands of private individuals - not the government.

This is clearly not the case, by I know from this statement that he doesn't even understand the structure of the federal reserve.

The Federal Reserve claims that it is an "entity within the government, having both public purposes and private aspects."

Because it is, it's that simple. The board of governors of the federal reserve system - AKA the board that controls the FED - is a government agency, the member banks are privately owned. I'm not sure how he got this wrong as it's easily found through a 5 second Google search.

That sounds so reasonable, but the truth is that the Federal Reserve is a legalized banking cartel that is privately-owned.

Nope, as explained above and proven wrong with a non-biased 5 second Google search.

In fact, the Federal Reserve is about as "federal" as Federal Express is.

Nope, the board of governors of the federal reserve system is as federal as any government agency is. Fail harder.

In defending itself against a Bloomberg request for information under the Freedom of Information Act, the Federal Reserve objected by declaring that it was "not an agency" of the U.S. government and therefore it was not subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

Apparently he doesn't understand the point that member banks are privately owned and the board is a federal agency. Apparently he doesn't understand the concept of "an entity within the government, having both public purposes and private aspects" actually means it has both public and private aspects. This tactic of trying to show that the FED somehow, by it's own admission, said it was a private organization by linking a complicated trial and basically going 'AH-HA I got you' is ridiculous. If he even bothered to read it, it would prove his claims false.

It is kind of funny how Fed officials are always talking about how important their "independence" is, but whenever anyone starts criticizing them for being private they start stressing their ties with the government.

It's funny how he doesn't understand what he's talking about. The document he links even proves him wrong, apparently he doesn't let that get in his mighty crusade of truth...

So who owns the Federal Reserve?

Apparently he doesn't need to specify which part he wants an answer to. I love loaded questions.

As the Federal Reserve's own website describes, it is the member banks that own it....

What? Why did he leave out the previous two paragraphs off the page he got his quote from. Hell, just the first line would have sufficed:

The Federal Reserve System is not "owned" by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution.

So who owns the member banks?

They're privately owned, I'm not reading the rest of this giant list, but I'm going to hope that's a rhetorical question...

Well, when you trace the ownership of the member banks to the very top you find that the international banking elite are very strongly represented.

Had to work in the global banking cabal in there somehow...
edit on 5-4-2011 by Whyhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Getting rid of the gold standard is just a way to avoid hauling all the gold from one country to the next. Take Lybia for example. They have a private central bank ran by Lybia. The global elite can't touch it. This war will be ran through NATO and France dragging along the US until that bank falls. Any funneling of money to that country will be covert actions or NATO. Once the bank falls and a US/EU friendly bank is in place. The USAID will then take over and pump large amounts of money into that new found bank where it will be sucked dry by global corporations doing nation building. 20 for Lybia 100 for global elite. 20 for Lybia 100 for global elite. 20 for Lybia 100 for global elite.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Yeah, it's called fractional reserve banking. Of course the person writing this doesn't understand what fractional reserve banking actually is and offers his rant instead.

This I gotta laugh at! Do you even understand fractional Reserve banking? Probably not.

#3 The power of money creation and debt creation is in the hands of private individuals - not the government.

Yeah pretty much, considering the Fed Reserve is a private organization, and not Government operated.

That sounds so reasonable, but the truth is that the Federal Reserve is a legalized banking cartel that is privately-owned.

You stated:

Nope, as explained above and proven wrong with a non-biased 5 second Google search.

I suggest you try again with your google searches! BWAHAHA!!

IN 1935 THE SUPREME COURT RULED THAT CONGRESS CANNOT CONSTITUTIONALLY DELEGATE ITS POWER TO ANOTHER GROUP. (Reference 22, P. 168)

Rothschild, a London Banker, wrote a letter saying "It (Central Bank ) gives the National Bank almost complete control of national finance. The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on its favours, that there will be no opposition from that class... The great body of the people, mentally incapable of comprehending, will bear its burden without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical (contrary) to their interests." [The bankers created the legislation for the FED]

take not in this next text:

In 1913, before the Senate Banking and Currency Committee, Mr. Alexander stated: "But the whole scheme of a Federal Reserve Bank with its commercial-paper basis is an impractical, cumbersome machinery, is simply a cover, to find a way to secure the privilege of issuing money and to evade payment of as much tax upon circulation as possible, and then control the issue and maintain, instead of reduce, interest rates. It is a system that, if inaugurated, will prove to the advantage of the few and the detriment of the people of the United States. It will mean continued shortage of actual money and further extension of credits; for when there is a lack of real money people have to borrow credit to their cost."

Is that not what we are living today? Surely you can't be that blind?

Ahhh... you know what...I'm laughing to hard at your un-educated statements...forget it! BWAHAHAH!!!

Word to the wise, reevaluate your google searches their scooter!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I agree the monetary system is the main culprit. The problem is that we borrow our money into existence instead of just printing it. Still if you print too many dollars for non-productive reasons and you get inflation, print too few and the economy stagnates. There is a balnce to everything. Defecit spending is only a negative when we have to borrow the money into existence or we spend it poorly (war anyone?). Providing for SS, medicare, unemployment extension, infrastructure, etc. is worthy spending and would be much more paplable if we didn't have to go into debt or raise taxes to provide these benefits. Allowing seniors a decent quality of life is good for society is not infationary.

For those who want to tie gold to the value of the dollar it just won't work. Since markets are worldwide and gold is traded worldwide, then the US pegging their currency to gold would not stop flucations of the dollar. In fact it may make it easier to influence it's direction. Plus there aint enough gold in the world to support our economy. I think we just need to back the dollar with the resources of our land and the productivity of our dollar.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

For those who want to tie gold to the value of the dollar it just won't work. Since markets are worldwide and gold is traded worldwide, then the US pegging their currency to gold would not stop flucations of the dollar. In fact it may make it easier to influence it's direction

i understand what you stated. And for the most part I tend to agree. Allow to clarify though:

1) its not so much that " we " want the reimplementation of the gold standard, it was brought up due to the fact that there are many out there that never knew that a gold standard even existed.

2) Assuming that the Gold standard was still in place, ( lets pretend for the moment ), much like it was in the 20's and 30's, prior to FDR beginning to implement the removal of the gold standard, gold held its value on a consistent basis. Even though it was traded daily, it maintained its value. Why? because no matter what happened in the market, gold was still perceived as an asset.

Your statement:

currency to gold would not stop flucations of the dollar.

Has already been proven false. History shows a thriving USD while backed by gold. That's not to say that the USG powers weren't spending needlessly, but the purchasing power of the dollar was strong, stronger than it is today.

The problem is that we borrow our money into existence instead of just printing it.

The above is where I think you are confused. Yes we borrow, but where you need to be corrected, you stated above " instead of just printing it". That's the problem. you see, Ben Bernanke, ( no he's not the only chairman who pulled this off ), create credit and money ( ie printing presses ) out of thin air. Nothing backing it. All they need do, is put a label on it, such as, Obamacare ( for example ), then turn on the printing press.

Now does that money really go to Obamacare ( or any other frivolous program) ? We dont know. Why? Because there is no oversight, no regulation. An above poster tried to sell us on the Federal Reserve being owned and operated by the USG. Unfortunately, that poster has alot of reading and researching to do.
The Federal Reserve is in fact private. Why else have laws protecting it from any audit, or investigation?

The below text illustrates that attempt to " open the Fed". There is no active transparency currently.

Washington D.C. October 20, 2009 -Today, Senators Jeff Merkley (D-OR) and Bob Corker (R-TN) introduced the Federal Reserve Accountability Act, an attempted compromise on the issue of transparency for America's secretive central bank. The bill would permit an audit of the Fed's actions in the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) and similar high profile bailouts, but would not allow Congress to review the Fed's inflation of the money supply or the its agreements with foreign central banks.

Further research solidifies your opening comment, information I came across during my research years ago.

The Federal Reserve is the chief culprit behind the economic crisis. Its unchecked power to create endless amounts of money out of thin air brought us the boom and bust cycle and causes one financial bubble after another. Since the Fed’s creation in 1913 the dollar has lost more than 96% of its value, and by recklessly inflating the money supply the Fed continues to distort interest rates and intentionally erodes the value of the dollar.

If I'm wrong about the Federal reserve, and wrong about the "privatization", then why even have a senate bill, let alone a HR bill 1207?

HR 1207, the bill to audit the Federal Reserve, swept the country and made the central bankers shudder at their desks.

The below further solidifies my statements about the secrecy, and the lack of auditing and investigation.

With HR 1207 gaining momentum, Congressman Mel Watt introduced a competing banker-approved “placebo” amendment that would have replaced HR 1207 and actually increased the Federal Reserve’s secrecy.

With that, I think you see where Im going, though you are on the right track, a little tweeking with use of examples and documented fact, would suggest you are close to seeing the picture in its entirety.

Keep up the good work, Sskeptical, I commend you on your efforts to understand, and raise enlightening discussion.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

We left the gold standard because there was not enough gold to support the amount of currency the economy needed. This would be a problem of greater magnitude today. I also disagree on the stability issue. International trade and markets did not have near the effect that they would have in current times. While the dollar may have stayed relatively stable in domestic terms it was anything but, on a foriegn exchange basis. The fact is that we didn't borrow our dollars into circulation back then either. That is the major fact, not that it was backed by gold.

As for the federal reserve, the money they create is basically the currency and national debt. Banks do the rest. We have a problem with deficit spending because we have to borrow that money that money into existence. If we just printed no one would be bitching about taxes going up or future generations being on the hook. They may be bitching about inflation, but that would remain to be seen. I know right now there is not enough money to run the economy so any inflation we are seeing is just market games being played.

Of course any move to printing our currency instead of borrowing would require a significant decrease in the bank's ability to leverage their and their customers assets. I think we can print the money we need and offset any inflationary effects just simply by making banks pull in a portion of their leverage at the same time.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is a good read on how they are messing with the gold prices. joshtolley.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

I see that Whereweheaded addressed your, um, well, um, claims.

You have Veritas in your avatar, really?

Have you read The Creature from Jeckyll Island?? Do you fully understand that the CONgress doesn't have the authority to relinquish their Constitutional mandate regarding the coinage of money?

Getting rid of the Federal Reserve is only a small step towards restoring the Republic. The Fed is as insidious as anything one could wish on a nation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join