It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Is Coming: Escape Earth on Dec. 21, 2012, for as Little as $24.49

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Some people see the 2012 doomsday prophecies as a sign the world will end on Dec. 21 next year.

Others see the apocalyptic predictions as nonsensical hogwash fueled by superstition and misconceptions about the Mayan calendar.

But Jack Dowd, an entrepreneur in Fairfield, Iowa, sees the fears of Armageddon as an opportunity to make some cash.

Dowd, 27, a former writer's assistant on the sci-fi series "The Dead Zone," is capitalizing on doomsday hype by offering escape packages to people who would like to leave Earth should the apocalypse strike four days before the 2012 Christmas shopping season ends.

Jack Dowd
Iowa entrepreneur Jack Dowd is capitalizing on 2012 Armageddon fears by offering travel packages for $44.99 that include passage to another Earth-like planet, an intergalactic passport, a guidebook to the other planets and one luxury suite sleep pod aboard a space ark, complete with flat-screen TV, starlight window and mini bar.There are two packages available at his website. The first-class package for $24.49 includes a one-way ticket aboard the USS Ark 2012 Escape Ship to an Earth-like planet, one single sleep pod and an intergalactic Passport ID Card that Dowd promises will allow passengers to "seamlessly make it through any wormhole checkpoint or space customs."

Escape Earth 2012 Article

Now, most people will understand that this is a joke / gag gift. That being said, how many people do you think lack the mental capacity or the judgement to realize that this is fake?

While I appreciate a good joke as much - if not more than - the next person, isn't this just the type of thing that feeds misinformation, confusion and makes all of the conspiracy buffs look foolish?

So what is this then, disinformation? Simply capitalism? A huge prank?

This got me thinking though, does anyone know of any actual escape plans for 2012?
edit on 4/5/2011 by YourPopRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Well the people responding to this are stupid on two fronts.
One for thinking this is true and two for thinking you could get accomodations like that so cheap!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What happens when a mentally disabled person sees this, gets all freaked out and sends in the little money they have thinking that they will be ok?

That is where this kind of gets me a little.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by YourPopRock

Well the people responding to this are stupid on two fronts.
One for thinking this is true and two for thinking you could get accomodations like that so cheap!

true but money would have no value on the "other" earth. so it would explain the cheapness.
maybe this is where all our stimulus money went

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So, has anyone heard of an actual escape plan being in place for anyone?

Or is it all DUMBs?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I mean it's relatively obvious that this is a joke. It would take a great oversight for anyone to view this as serious. Even as someone said that someone who is mentally ill believing that it was real and that they were safe, generally I think at the point where that would happen they would either have a friend sitting there telling them they're an idiot or a care taker. Personally I think I might order one of these, but only cause I'm a huge fan of the weirdest things. Like for instance my ENCOM I.D. from the Tron: Legacy ARG.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

Or is it all DUMBs?

Well its real in a sense that you actually get a ticket but is the actually spacecraft real?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Lol... I didn't mean was that particular one real...

I meant, does anyone know of any actual escape plans to space being undertaken by any countries?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by johngrissom

Lol... I didn't mean was that particular one real...

I meant, does anyone know of any actual escape plans to space being undertaken by any countries?

Doubt it.
This guy is a genius thou but a moron also
edit on 5-4-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So what is with all of the talk of governments building underground shelters?

Wouldn't you think that at least one of them would be building or preparing a craft to leave the surface even just to orbit with the top V.I.P.'s on it? I would say that the lack of a leak about a project of that magnitude would indicate that really there is nothing to worry about. If there were something to worry about, construction would be underway and that is something that would really be too big to hide.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
the technology is not there to make this thing. that we know of, and even if it was, there is no way in hell this guy has got a mile loong spaceship sitting in his backyard, just waiting to take of by next year. it is a prank, and if he is making money from it it could be considered fraud.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Or is it all DUMBs?

Well, I have an escape plan. It is my plan, and no, you cannot come along.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
How can anyone really have a escape plan? At the end of the day there is no where to escape, unless your a very important person who can escape into a underground government bunker. IF anything like a catastrophic event did happen, most of us would be wiped out anyway, escape plan or not.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Would an underground bunker save us?

Or would it just be a tomb?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Your right it would just be a tomb, we couldn't live there forever put it that way.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
well december 21 of 2012 it's a friday and you know what that means FUN FUN FUN.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

OMG!!! I should make a thread about Rebecca Black being an omen of 2012 since dec 21st 2012 is a friday! Wonder what type of responses would come?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Also, don't forget that Rebecca Black's song "Friday" came out exactly one month before the earthquake in Japan.

The earthquake happened on a Friday.

Black... Friday... Black Friday.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You are right! This deserves a post of it's own!

There, I did it! www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4/5/2011 by YourPopRock because: Forgot to post link

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sounds luxurious.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join