It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibalism. Have we gone into the dark ages?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

en.news.maktoob.com...

Just when I think, this world can't get any worse something like this pops up and then I think, I don't want to think of this world getting any worse then people eating flesh-DEAD-flesh of all things! And the two brother admitted to it! What would drive a person to do such a thing??

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maymunah

Mental problems. Serious mental problems.

Unless of course human flesh is irrestibly tasty.

But its sick, a sick act of sickery in the most sickest of senses. Barbarians.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

No kidding! I'm speechless. I wanted to bring this to ATS but I could find no words, no opinion even except disgust.
Even starving people in the world have never resorted to eating dead bodies, so this is not an excuse. Why not just eat some wildlife??

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It was in Pakistan. In one form or another I don't think they ever left the dark ages, do you?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Check this thread out I did yesterday:

Chatting with Cannibles
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

True. They have proven themselves to be a race of their own. But I'm sure this is not new, generally things like this go unsolved. There was one serial killer who ate human flesh but I forget his name, Bundy??

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
didn't the original psycho that hannibal lector was based on eat people too?

thankfully, only 2-8% of the population are sociopaths.
the trick to a happy life is to avoid sociopaths at all costs.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Warriors used to eat other warriors to gain their power.

I wonder if in a way it actually works.

Havent you tried it?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I will! And ironic I was just reading your Predator Camera topic! Interesting and incredible find!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Taking into consideration that cannibalism has never ceased throughout Human History I have to infere:

did we ever leave Dark Ages

OR

is really cannibalism a sign of those?
edit on 5-4-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

That is something I've considered many times.Have we left the dark ages at all, about the only difference I can see is the advance of technology. As I see it, man is still doing things that make me question whether he is man or beast. It's just....wrong, to eat human flesh, much less dead human flesh.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
noone would wanna eat me, I'd give ya heartburn and high cholesterol....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well there is cannibalism and we already have station sponsored child sacrifices (abortion). What's the difference both kill babies.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I know it
I've been in discussions about this subject and is useless, people are where they are in this day and age I suppose, either they are "for" or "against" "pro" or "anti" in all things and they won't be moved. So you are right, things like this shouldn't really come as quite a shock to me, there is no limit I guess in what man will do.

And HomerinNC...Good one but can you really imagine someone digging you up and eating you? We aren't even safe when we're dead and surely we can't put up a fight. Gross!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

jeffrey dormer or something like that...i think thats who you mean......another sick #$%&

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That is so sick.....but not unheard of unfortunately. There have been many cases of serial killers who ate their victims.....I have no idea why they do it. It makes my stomach turn! Some of the serial killers who did it said they did it because they "wanted the victim to be part of them"...there are MANY who were cannibals
.uggggggh

You can google canniibal serial killers....there are MANY all through history. But I warn you...it is sick and disgusting what these evil men did.Here's a link to the top 10 cases
listverse.com...

edit on 5-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Do they not embomb the bodies. I would think the formaldehyde would make the flesh toxic.
I here you on the fact that when you thought you have heard it all and nothing can shock you, bam... something completely new to make you want to become a hermit.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Cannibalism has never gone away, infact it is enshrined in a major world religion, Christianity.

Far back in the mists of time humans ate other humans in sacrificial ceremony inorder to gain their strength. The victim would become a 'man god' before his sacrifice and then he would be eaten by the tribe so that he would become part of them and they would eat his flesh and drink his blood so that they too could 'rise with the gods'.

The Christians 'celebrate' the sacrificial death of their own 'man god' and eat his flesh and drink his blood in their 'passover' or mass celebrations. To the Catholics, they believe that the 'bread' actually becomes the flesh of the Christ and the wine actually becomes his blood when they eat and drink of them.

So, cannbalism just become 'respectable' in a funny sort of way and essential if you want to go to heaven and you're a Christian, or a pagan in certain parts of old religions.

Ah, the human mind, gullible, but apparantly strangely delicious, to certain people, anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The World is getting exponentially crazier each and every day. All I can do to maintain my insanity is to find humor in all things. Kind of like Bear Gryls squeezing water out of a big, juicy piece of Elephant dung and drinking it. I too wish to squeeze the last drops of humor out of the dung pile that is our present reality. So in keeping with the spirit of the thread, what wine goes best with "Long Pig"? If we indeed taste like chicken, I'd say white. Prehaps a nice Orvietto? I wouldn't have a clue as to what spices would compliment human meat? Is this why people become vegitarian? Wouldn't you if offered the choice between long pig and tofu, at last eat the tofu?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Warriors used to eat other warriors to gain their power.

I wonder if in a way it actually works.

Havent you tried it?
I am sure the Spartans "ate" each other, (in the sense of the common slang term, "eat me"), if ya know what I mean?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join