It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for Democrats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

no the only reason i am employed is because i do the work and given the fact you do not know who employs me or the kind of work i do that assumption was useless

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You actually think that without unions you would have decent pay and benefits? If so, you truly are out of touch with history and the bottom line of a business. They want your labor for the cheapest possible cost to them. They will do anything and everything to diminish your power to negotiate your pay and benefits.

A free market is healthy for innovation, advances in technology, huge profits, etc but one thing it's not healthy for is the middle class, the lower class, and the environment.

Regulation, unions, and government itself are all necessary evils. Until we become an Angelic race who make the right decisions in every instance, a free market will NOT WORK.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

well considering most employers figure in health insurance and other benefits into the hourly doesnt matter for the simple fact the majority of employees who are younger can go for 1 or 2 decades without the need for any so you are paying for something that you wont need until much later in life.

necessary evils no they aren't necessary so stop using the term free market when everyone knows it not a free market

the only reason that business and industry is so messed up is because of their involvment.

unions of today are nothing like what they use to be they are NOTHING LIKE THEM they have become nothing but pure evilness more so than business.

if there wasnt so much regulation and unions how many jobs do you think a employer could make instead of making a few jobs i have never heard of anyone commenting on that.

create a hundred jobs and put a hundred people to work or just make 10 jobs and leave the rest to starve.

then theres the senority issue think just because your in a union and the company downsizes whose the first to go? the low man and chances are hes cheaper to pay and probably works harder than the high senority boys.

trust me i know how unions work i been there done that a union is nothing but a middle class acting like elites people with high senority are better than the lower senority people and then agian the best jobs go to the highest senority people and the crap jobs goto the lowest.

classware within a union.

you people can love unions all you want and like i said i hate the ever living hell out of them.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Janky Red

the basis of free market is a free market that means getting government the hell out of it and not telling them what to do or how to do it.

the only thing needed is what we already have are laws what has all those regulations and government control achieved eh absolutely nothing except running business and industry out of this country but then agian all those rules and regulations never have stopped the madoffs of the world now has it much like the police they dont prevent anything they just clean up the mess after the damage has been done.

people are getting richer eh they diversify they invest offfshore thats how they make the majority of there cash they sure the hell arent doing it here.

blaming the right when they aren't in power or can do anything in this country and havent for a long time- fine so be it.

i am not very bright eh the fascism here is janky is blaming other people for all your problems in the world you know where that leads to.

Conservatives DO NOT and have not gotten government the hell out of it, instead they stack the favors in the odds of the elite and already wealthy. The elite and the wealthy are not having a hard time with basic life needs due to economic concerns. The fact that you do not acknowledge this simple premise of conservative governing
Pretty much discounts the basis of your perception.

Rules and regulations only work when the people doing the regulating believe in the premise of the regulation.
The conservative echo chamber of retardation consistently ignore this fact, conservatives are likely to look the other way when regulating because they do not believe in regulation in the first place. Yet, they do not end regulation all together, they make it easier for the elites to cheat the system, enrich the multinational
Tier and then CALL IT DEREGULATION.

I have no problem with people getting rich, I do have a problem with the destruction of the economy waged by many conservatives and corporatists. I do have a problem with this system being manipulated to speed up the economic destruction of this nation by people chanting freedom. While the constitutional control of commerce is by the peoples government, conservatives transfer that same power into the hands of private entities.

I really think you are too dense to even comprehend what I am saying, you are a special case Neo...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

ok thats twice now you have tried to make the subject matter personal i feel no need to respond any further to you

feel free to carry on

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thanks, I will

see... There is a bait and switch built into the entire premise of conservatism... The bounds of conservatism are defined by the proponents which seldom ever match up with policy. Free Markets do not exist in a global economy, and we live in a global economy (good or bad). The other party in imports and exports are not American by definition, so far as I know all of our trade partners have regulation which injects a defacto, regulatory scheme into the transaction. This very act makes free market talk, fake, phony and entirely rhetorical in nature. Stupid people and lying ideologues ignore this fact of modern commerce because it is a symbolic implement, nevertheless, it is nothing more than a Unicorn.

The OP of this thread attempt to use the same lying/retard glance over the facts, the GOP were instrumental in
Orchestrating the crash and this depression. They created the method with their "deregulatory" (fraud model) scheme, the GLB act. This created the market for cheap money and the fraudulent transactions which ensued,
the model was the pride of GOP conservatives until it crashed, purely because it created the fabled "prosperity".
Bush was doing fine until his theft fest fell flat, now the entire lying brigade of fake patriots claim amnesia to the facts and the severity. Bush inherited a well functioning machine and drove it into the ground... Obama was handed a fiery wreck and is treated as if he was the one who started the fire, he did not.

There is not a single shred of outward truth in conservative policy, it is based upon manipulation and poker faced denial. I can face up to and answer to ANY product of my ideas in debate, I a free to see the light and change my faulty beliefs. Conservatives will lie and drag around rotten ideas for generations, because of tradition.
Retarded Conservatives will burn you with gasoline and justify it based upon a personal fault (in actually trying to KILL opposing ideals), like crusaders, puritans, terrorists, Nazi's and lynch mobs. So glad I have updated the contents in my brain and I am getting better everyday, enjoy the echo chamber.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

no the only reason i am employed is because i do the work and given the fact you do not know who employs me or the kind of work i do that assumption was useless

Your union is the sole and exclusive reason why you are still employed and yet you are here bashing the very people that have made sure that your job remained as yours. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

If it were up to your employer you would've been laid off by now and buddy you can take that to the bank.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join