It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura and Piers Morgan Toe to Toe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Neither one would back up, you choose who won the argument. Subjects covered: 911, Plans in the Middle East, Ron Paul, HAARP and other Conspiracies.
www.bestmetalresearch.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I like how Jesse is suing so that he won't have to go through the screening just because of who he is. He said he thinks we should profile and when asked who we should be profiling he starts stumbling and all of a sudden he says he can't comment further.

Sorry Jesse, just because you are famous doesn't mean you are any differant from the rest of us. If you agree with it as you say you do then you must be subjected to it just like the rest of us.

Pierce had Jesse stumbing into corners all night long. Jesse got so worked up you can actually see him work hard at keeping his temper in check by rocking back and forth in his chair.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

I saw that on tv last night, absolutely crazy. If you can't see the medias game just by watching that interview you're a ra-tard. Look at any of Piers Morgans new shows where whoever he was interviewing asked him a question, he ALWAYS answers. Now watch this interview and notice that he offers absoltely zero arguments to any of Jesses points, but instead does one of three things, if he can't pick out one small detail out of what Jesse says, and trash him, he switches the topic or goes to a break.

When Jesse asked Piers why he wouldn't answer any of his questions, Piers pulls the "I'm interviewing you Jesse that's how it works" card.

The part that amazed me the most was when Jesse talked about how our gov. has turned into a fascist government and what fascism is(His definition: The teaming up of corporations and organized religion to rule a nation) Watch and see Piers reaction.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
Pierce had Jesse stumbing into corners all night long.

For real? I must've been watching a different Piers Morgan Jesse Ventura interview in an alternate dimension...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

I was thinking the exact same thing. I was literally looking to see if there was another video segment somewhere on the site.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

Great video! Ventura is a true hero. Thanks for the post and I'd give you lots of stars if I could figure out the ATS system.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I don't like Piers or Jesse so I watched it with an unbiased mind.

You obviously like Jesse so you are biased in the way you precieved the interview. I'm ok with that, after all, everyone hates to see someone they are rooting for get backed into a corner.

Piers can go back to Britan and Jesse can go back to Mexico for all I care.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I like how Jesse is suing so that he won't have to go through the screening just because of who he is. He said he thinks we should profile and when asked who we should be profiling he starts stumbling and all of a sudden he says he can't comment further.

Sorry Jesse, just because you are famous doesn't mean you are any differant from the rest of us. If you agree with it as you say you do then you must be subjected to it just like the rest of us.

Pierce had Jesse stumbing into corners all night long. Jesse got so worked up you can actually see him work hard at keeping his temper in check by rocking back and forth in his chair.

Maybe you can tell us all why we are in Afghanistan then? I've been there have you? Bin Ladin hasn't been shown to be anywhere near there is years, and most of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. I watched us hold back and not finish this war for years, while policies get us killed there.
I'm no truther but common sense will make you ask what the heck we are doing.
Iraq, I bet you can't answer what we are still doing there either. It's another media blackout full of Army and contracted Americans who's deaths now outnumber troops.
And then we have started a new War too....
It's time to wake up.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You obviously like Jesse.

I like anyone who stands for truth, and so should everbody.

so you are biased in the way you precieved the interview.

Biased towards truth? Hmm I guess so.

I'm ok with that, after all, everyone hates to see someone they are rooting for get backed into a corner.

How exactly was he "backed into a corner"? I'm pretty sure we either weren't watching the same interview, or you have some form of dementia that you should consult with your doctor about immediately.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
As much as Jesse was awesome... going head on against Piers Morgan was probably a bad idea.

Piers Morgan is an extremely intelligent guy when it comes to arguing and making his point- it's the reason why he replaced Larry King on CNN and why he is famous in the first place. His style definitely comes off as arrogant and cocky... to the point that sometimes he does a better job of infuriating other people rather than questioning them.

Without any doubt, Piers probably researched Jesse's book and personality before the interview, thinking of the best and most intuitive counter-arguments to the answers he would give.

I mean really, Jesse is an open book- people like him are easy targets for guys like Piers Morgan, who not only is making up all the questions to ask him, but already knows in advance how Jesse is going to answer them.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Without any doubt, Piers probably researched Jesse's book and personality before the interview, thinking of the best and most intuitive counter-arguments to the answers he would give.

And the 'best and most intuitive counter-arguments' were.........

No counter-argument at all! Brilliant!
edit on 5-4-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
In some areas Jesse let him off the hook

I watched a portion of this last night. I had it on while I was at the computer and paid very little attention until I saw Jessie doing a lot of rocking back and forth like a big ape. That is when I turned on the volume and actually watched. I thought Jessie came across pretty poorly.

The video in the OP allows me to see what I missed, and I saw Jesse clearly let Piers off the hook. Before they go to break and are discussing Afghanistan, Jessie says he believes we are there for the Lithium. Piers goes on to say his brother served a tour there and was not there for Lithium, but instead he was there because "Everybody knows Osama Bin Laden was training people to commit atrocities in Afghanistan."

Now wait a minute....

I was under the impression that we were in Afghanistan because OBL was training terrorist to commit terrorist attacks in the West. That the Afghan Government was protecting OBL and refused to turn him over to the US following the 9/11 attacks. Now according to Piers we are in Afghanistan because we are protecting the Afghan people from OBL who was planning to commit attacks in that country.

This is a point Jessie should have focused in on and could have easily made Piers look like a fool... but he let him off the hook and they went to commercial.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Piers Morgan is an extremely intelligent guy when it comes to arguing and making his point- it's the reason why he replaced Larry King on CNN and why he is famous in the first place. His style definitely comes off as arrogant and cocky... to the point that sometimes he does a better job of infuriating other people rather than questioning them.

Actually, Piers appears to be more of a manipulative instigator than he is intelligent. Individuals with true intelligence do not have to go around manipulating others to fulfill someone else's agenda. For example, Jesse is supposedly the "Conspiracy Theorist" and Piers was the one who was dishing out hypotheticals during the entire interview:

'What if the USA does not go into Libya and Gadaffi kills hundreds of thousands?' (As if American leaders really care how many turbans Gadaffi kills)

'What if Iran annihilates Israel?' (When was the last time Iran attacked another country? 300 years ago?)

'Shutting down 248 American military bases around the world would not help American security'. (Yeah, I can see how this would result in millions of Turbans invading American shores with box cutters)

'US has military bases to try and prevent uprises'. (If that's the case, by the look of things, they're not doing a very good job of it)

'What do you do about the bad guys getting in charge'? (Hey Piers, other than being a puppet for them, what have you done about the bad guys being in charge of your Government?)

'Is the alternative to have open season everywhere'? (Hey Piers, don't know what cave you've been hiding out in, but since 9/11 it's been pretty much open season everywhere the American military has set foot)

'Jesse, sounds like you've been on Lithium'. (Hey Piers, I'd rather be on Lithium than on Kool Aid any day - you should give it a try some time)

'You don't believe in anything'. (That's not true - I believe in [according to you] whackjob conspiracy theories)

'I don't believe you believe that'. (I don't believe you can read minds)

'I think I know you who you think should be profiled'. (Hey I was wrong, looks like that Kool Aid stuff works wonders for reading minds)

'We're at war with Osama Been Hidin'. (Yeah, as we speak he's currently training another 19 boxcutter wielding cavemen to replace the first set for the purpose of taking over the world)

'I have a gut feeling President Obama was never CIA'. (I'm not surprised you prefer to go on gut feeling instead of investigating the issues - after all, Piers, you are a professional mind reader)

edit on 5-4-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am glad peers morgan left the UK

I am sorry that he moved to america and he is all over your media.

Dislike the guy intensely!

Go Jesse!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I watched that last night. It was hilarious. Piers acted like a complete government toady trying to make Jesse look like a fool, but failed miserably.

The best part of all was when Piers suggested Jesse was a coward. The glare from Jesse had Piers transfixed just before a timely cut to commercials. That there wasn't a black eye resulting from that mistake is an absolute miracle.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I watched that last night. It was hilarious. Piers acted like a complete government toady trying to make Jesse look like a fool, but failed miserably.

The best part of all was when Piers suggested Jesse was a coward. The glare from Jesse had Piers transfixed just before a timely cut to commercials. That there wasn't a black eye resulting from that mistake is an absolute miracle.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the 'coward' part... Isn't it hilarious that Piers doesn't answer one of Jesses questions all night and when Jesse doesn't answer one his he's the 'coward'?

top topics

join