It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Facebook dead yet?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I have never even looked at Facebook.But several years ago tried Myspace.For about a month.Maybe I am getting old but I just didn't get it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
almost everyone i know including me, use facebook

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Facebook is a fad it's the CB of the 21st century.
Who remembers the CB craze of the 70s? Everyone and their uncle had a CB, just like FaceBook today.
And like all fads it will pass away as new protocols are invented.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Sounds to me like you guys would rather talk to strangers than your actual friends

It's just a website like this one, take from it what you want

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Allis1

Bingo.

Facebook allows me to talk to my friends who now live in different countries.

Facebook allows me to communicate with my extended family who are spread across the UK, Germany and Canada.

Facebook allows me to share memories of fun times spent with my loved ones with my family and friends.

Facebook allows me to organize events with work colleges and friends more easily.

And the whole privacy thing? you can lock down your profile if you want, thats not an issue.

But hey, I guess coming to ATS and posting on topics about UFO's is more important...each to their own.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It is just a tool. Like the computer. Get over yourselves. This is the 21st century. If you want to temper your access to bookface by all means go for it. But why knock others? We all have different paths. Why would I want to tell a luddite he/she is wrong in how he wants to use or work his life? Why should he/she tell me the same? Different paths man... different paths. If its affecting your social life for the worse than thats UR thing. Not anyone elses. Dont preach whats good for you and expect it to be good for everyone else... one size fits all... because that is not how it works. Now if you just want to rant...by all means have at it. But don't judge. Everyone has a different path.
edit on 6-4-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Thank you, a mature reply!

Right now, for many people, removal of Facebook would put them at a huge social disadvantage.

Because you have deleted it, perhaps it was not for you? you probably dont have many friends, or friends in other countries, you probably never looked at changing your privacy settings or removing people from the news feed, instead you think that deleting Facebook gives you a badge of honor...an entitlement.

It does not. Social Networking is part of our modern day culture.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Considering 600 million people use it, its simply due to peer pressure you end up joining. Facebook does get really addictive the moment you have hundreds of friends, checking out replies for your comments and all those games like farmville and mafia wars. Otherwise if you're a loner, its not really worth joining facebook...true lol

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Facebook is product that people don't need, but have been convinced that it serves a function that they could not have without it. You can communicate with people as fast and as effectively with email. Text, video, pictures, whatever you want and without a middle man that is permanently recording and using every single bit of data you run through it for their own nefarious purposes. Email clients are even getting rare as people depend on web-based email services instead of running it off of their own machine. Mark Z. is on record saying that users of his site are all "dumb****s". That's what the owner of it thinks of those who use it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg
reply to post by AnteBellum

Unfortunately, facebook will probably be around to polute the minds of our grandchildren's grandchildren.

So let's do hope that the world does end in 2012 LOL

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Oh lordy... once again such arrogant naivety "my toy is better than your toy".
Most face bookers treat ATS as an entertaining detail, and most ATS folk treat facebook as .........an entertaining detail. Both are blog-spots for people to engage with their peers. If ya friends aint interesting thats down to your selection of friends ..

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
facebook is just a massive spy network. it's used by people to keep tabs on other people. from jealous ex-girlfriends to degenerate perverts who whack off to profile pictures.

it is completely useless. at the end of the day your still sitting alone on your computer. even if you have 1,354 "friends".

some people have friends and don't even know how their voice sounds. it's massively impersonal and it's just another divide and conquer technique.

maybe it's just the progression of the species. maybe that's why advanced alien races have no vocal chords and use telepathy.

if this keeps up, human to human contact will die, our vocals chords would cease to function because of lack of use and we'll all be communicating with each other with electronic devices.

or atleast until someone figures out a way to transfer electronically our thoughts to each other.

edit on 6-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
In all times and ages the masses have lost themselves in distraction. Back in Rome it was watching Gladiator games, today its Facebook. Brilliant OP.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
And another human being discovers life !!!

Absolutely awesome. You sound like a born again believer. Go spread the word dude! There's life after Facebook..

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I think Facebook just died lol. Or is it only down for me?

Edit: Nevermind it's back.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
some of you people posting here hateing on facebook crack me up.....FACEBOOK IS THE DEVIL LMFAO !!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I use facebook everday.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Facebook is for people to massage their own egos by perpetuating a "virtual self", whom they deem to be "cool". I have a facebook account, as a means of communication and nothing more (not that i use it). I don't judge people for having it. Just for acting like idiots on it.
And theres the point that its used to spy on people, which is fact.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcsteve
Facebook is for people to massage their own egos by perpetuating a "virtual self", whom they deem to be "cool". I have a facebook account, as a means of communication and nothing more (not that i use it). I don't judge people for having it. Just for acting like idiots on it.
And theres the point that its used to spy on people, which is fact.

Haha wow. I have never seen such obvious hypocrisy before. Thanks for the first laugh of the morning. I needed that.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

you missed out the "just for acting like idiots on it"... but obviously you know more than i do. happy to provide you with you're unjustified laughs

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join