It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Facebook dead yet?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I also got off of there in disgust, seeing what people who wore peace signs thought of the war. They were warmongers. I recently got back on but am careful not to use the same PC as one that has had my name put through it. Not that I am doing anything criminal, but I know it is Big Brother and it likes to lump me in with those that would speak the truth and be jailed for it. I just lost my poke virginity to a lovely woman.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
De-activing my account on FB was the biggest relief ever. At first i did suffer FB "withdrawals" but then i realized that i feel so much better not telling a bunch of people who i dont really care about in the first place my problems. Cause if you tell them one problem, then you feel like you have to tell them what was the latest with your problem. I'd rather keep myself private and no one know absolutely nothing about me. I now feel like I don't have to put every little thing and have it be "liked" to feel validated.

I post on ATS instead

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ya know... I don't think I ever divulged anything truly person nor ever made a truly heart felt comment on FB.

I use to just spam music videos, YES I am THAT annoying A-Hole.

I post on ATS instead

edit on 7-9-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

absoluetely, i totally agree, i wish it had died a horrible death, like a car off a 250 foot cliff... or like maybe a 1000 foot cliff so there would be plenty of time to sit back and regret itself for having ever been created...

anyways, i do have a fbook profile, and the ONLY reasons i have it is to
1. poke my fiance
2. post pix of my daughter easily for my family
3. no other reasons

i used to have another profile, i reached about 300 friends, and then the drama started... i found friends from one circle, who didn't get along with friends i found that were from another circle... and obviously in real life they probably would have kicked each other's back sides, so they started kicking at each other virtually, through my profile, and of course i got dragged down, 'how can you be friends with him', 'i thought you didn't talk to her anymore'... well it's all bull dung, and i got rid of it... i now have 10 friends, my fiance and the other 9 are my close family... so it's become relatively manageable again... but yes, i still hate it... i really only still use it because it's the easiest way for my mom to constantly see my daughter... and that makes her happy, so there you go!

good thread idea by the way, of course i showed up about 5 months late for the opening page! how i do love appearing on the 1st page of a thread here!
S&F

edit on 7-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: add

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by potatorampage
Facebook isn't dead because its convenient and I wont pretend I don't have friends or family to avoid a fad. You could say phone calls or email, but facebook is just so much easier. It's chat, email, and gives you a chance to laugh at a picture posted that may remind you of a fond memory.

All of the above and I use it to post interesting news and ATS articles to make my friends and family more aware of what is really going on in the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I hate facebook with a passion.
nothing more to say about it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I feel we should grow our own food instead of working meaningless electronic-based jobs. Food producers are payed less and less the more these so called jobs are empowered. I'd rather devote my time making the world a more food abundant place than to sit all day on some jerks website so he can reap the benefit of mine and others existence. Dudes living in a mansion and im complaining on his website how much my life sucks so he can continue to scourge the earth? Pft.

Didn't tell anyone, just deleted the three hundred or so friends and removed all my information. If I'm needed they sure have my information. Its been about a month now, and no ones told me "Cool I'll find you on Facebook". Just get numbers on your phone. The whole idea of that crap is to create a jungle gym of whos to be liked and not, whos to be hired or not, whos to be admired or not, and whos to listen to others brag and whos to brag.

I've got plenty to brag about, have a job, have a life. The whole idea just sickens me. It's like a slow-acting genocide starving people to death.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I dont even like clicking myspace links because it is so old fashioned - like the first facebook to come out. Its depressing like watching old reruns in an episode where they are discussing how cool the latest gadget they just purchased is. Sooooo cheesy. Facebook is about a year or two away from being cheesy enough that "cool" people leave the site in flocks.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
Omg. My friends know better than to mention "farmville" around me. I'm so anti-facebook that I still have a myspace page....

Me Too! Though I never use my myspace page and probably haven't been on it in a year or so. I just used it to post some pics for my kids to see when I was off sitting in a chamber at work.

I never could understand why people are so concerned with having a bunch of "virtual" friends. To me a friend is some one that you enjoy being around and do stuff with and that you are there for when they are in need and vise versa.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I keep deactivating mine.
Facebook is social poison.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Diaspora will probably be the "new facebook". lol
i admit it sounds kinda cool, lol, unlike facebook.

isnt anonymous supposed to wipe out fb like 11/5/11 or something? haha, know i read that here somewhere.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
No, but it will be soon if they keep making it more complicated.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jellyfishbrains
I keep deactivating mine.
Facebook is social poison.

Be strong for two weeks and delete it permanently.
I did and have no regrets.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mardukiscoming

A reply to my own post.Since posting on this subject I too have succumbed to the lure of Facebook and now am a regular .To answer the OP,no, Facebook is very much alive.As for my interest in it,I am certain that too will pass.Just as my interest in MySpace faded,this too will pass.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My interest in Facebook is declining to where few of my friends bother to post anything. This doesn't bother me but the lack of interaction OUTSIDE of Facebook does.

Was the mission to turn people into introverts?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Correctomundo!!!!

THat is my assesment too. I have a facebook account. I check it about twice a month to see if there are any messages for me. Or to find old friends I've lost track of. I simply do not get the people who live on face book or treat it like it's some twitter account.

Get a life!!!! A REAL one! Please!!! (To all the obsessed facebook users)

Also it gets so out of control that I've had to un-friend people just because they abuse the hell out of facebook and all of their stupid comments or quotes or whatever they think is just so damned interesting that they had to share ends up pasted all over my facebook "wall"

I know people who have friended people they haven't talked to in years, only to find out that those people have changed and are now writing racist comments on their wall which invariable gets stuck up on your wall, and then you have to do damage control because of some loudmouth opinionated person you barely even remember comments are now associated with you.

Facebook is for the weak.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I use Facebook to rant about the state of affairs in this effed up world we live in.I try not to pay too much attention to what others say.Their opinions are not mine,therefore they are irrelevant to me.As for my opinion,I have one on most every subject.Some I make public.If you don't agree thats your problem.Your approval is not needed.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Correction, its fakebook...then its dead.
Remember. fakebook.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i use facebook as sort of an artistic inspiration depository.
it also functions as a place where i can see layers of my conscious mind. like layers in the strata of the earth.
i can dig back in time and see what i was into then. how i was thinking back then etc. sort of like a diary but not too personal.

pros and cons like anything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join