It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pc Harwood questioned at Ian Tomlinson inquest.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Today Pc Harwood is giving evidence at Ian Tomlinson inquest.
For those who don't know Pc Harwood is the officer who allegedly responsible for Ian Tomlinsons death.

www.guardian.co.uk...

To me he seem's to be very evasive, but I'll leave it up to you to make up your own mind.

EDIT to say start from the bottom of page.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Roguesheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Roguesheep

(Alot of Not all) Police officers are liars and never get held responsible for their actions. Ill be suprised if they stick him with anything.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg

He's already got away with it.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

No justice.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So the next time a few coppers get beat up at the next protest, I won't shed any tears.

Murdering scum.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Today's cross examination of Harwood has been very interesting. He has proven to have exaggerated and lied on a number of points relating not just to Tomlinson, but on his conduct that day.
He claimed that he did not push Tomlinson in the back even though its as clear as crystal from the video that this is exactly what he did. He claimed to have got seperated from the van he was assigned to and this seems dubious and he also admitted to being bored.

A picture is being painted of an irresponsible police officer who already had misconduct alleged against him in his police career, who simply got bored of being stationed behind the lines and wanted to see some action. When the 'action' came he got too 'excited' and pushed a completely innocent bystander to his death after the whack on the leg he gave Tomlinson didn't seem to do the trick.

BTW we also know from his past career that once he left the force previously, some days later he got an administrative (desk) job at Surrey police force. However, he obviously found that job boring and applied and got a PC job back on the streets.

People like him give the police a bad name and sadly there are too many of these types of officers in police ranks.
edit on 5-4-2011 by freethinker123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A SHAMEFULL COVER UP! Murder by Police excused yet again!

Not only did this aggressive officer violently push an unagressive man to the floor when he had his back to him and was unconfrontational throughout, but he hit him with his baton behind his kneecaps first and then shoved him to his death, he died minutes later because of this, and all he wanted to do was to get home from work after previously being obstructed by police on his way home and forced to take this route by the police because they blocked his path earlier

S & F OP, we need to fight against this kind of Police Brutality, especially in the western world and particulalrly UK and US where falsities and spin are in full effect when it comes to our two corporate police forces and they try to paint them in a different colour then what they actually are and how they operate

UK POLICE Brutality and Corruption

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Today's cross examination of Harwood has been very interesting. He has proven to have exaggerated and lied on a number of points relating not just to Tomlinson, but on his conduct that day.
He claimed that he did not push Tomlinson in the back even though its as clear as crystal from the video that this is exactly what he did. He claimed to have got seperated from the van he was assigned to and this seems dubious and he also admitted to being bored.

A picture is being painted of an irresponsible police officer who already had misconduct alleged against him in his police career, who simply got bored of being stationed behind the lines and wanted to see some action. When the 'action' came he got too 'excited' and pushed a completely innocent bystander to his death after the whack on the leg he gave Tomlinson didn't seem to do the trick.

BTW we also know from his past career that once he left the force previously, some days later he got an administrative (desk) job at Surrey police force. However, he obviously found that job boring and applied and got a PC job back on the streets.

People like him give the police a bad name and sadly there are too many of these types of officers in police ranks.

I couldn't of put it better myself.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
No Justice
No peace
@#$& the Police

Another name chalked up to death by police brutality. Another murdering cop on the streets to kill again. A man who had been moved previously from another department becasue of a violent complaint against him. No Justice. No Peace. You know the rest.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
For those who are interested here's day 2 of questioning of Pc Harwood.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Unbelievable what Harwood is saying. Apparantly its perfectly ok for a police officer to batton somebody if that person is posing no threat to the said officer or anybody else - ie a breach of the peace is enough.

Harwood still claims that Tomlison was not walking away when he pushed him, even though its to clear to everybody in court that this is the case.

To anybody who has watched the film, I think its Tomlison's body language that wound up Harwood. After Harwood battoned him, he still walked slowly away with his hands in his pockets as if he didn't care much for Harwood's authority. Harwood wanted to teach him a lesson for not showing the 'proper' fear or respect, thats why he pushed him in my opinion.

I really hope that some lessons are learnt from all of this. Its obvious that the police have a policy of accepting all types within their ranks, they must be vetted much more carefully. Also its obvious that police training is at fault, police officers think that they have legal / policing rights which they simply do not have. But why wouldn't they? They are protected when they step over the line.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

G20 inquest: Pc accused of telling lies about death

Pc Simon Harwood is giving evidence for a third day

The police officer who pushed Ian Tomlinson at the G20 protests in London has been accused of making up "rubbish" and telling lies.

The Tomlinsons' lawyer said Pc Simon Harwood was denying events clearly visible on video shown to the jury.

Pc Harwood told the inquest into the 47-year-old's death Mr Tomlinson had not been moving away from the police line with his back turned towards him.

In his statement, he said Mr Tomlinson was "almost inviting" confrontation

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here's one of the key exchanges between Pc Harwood and Matthew Ryder representing the Tomlinson family.

Ryder: "I am asking you what's right in front of you. Do you agree at the time you pushed Mr Tomlinson he had his back to you? PC Harwood, do you want to change your answer?
Harwood: "From watching the video image here or what I perceived?"
Ryder: "The truth. What's the truth? Do you agree he had his back to you? Everyone in this room is looking at this video. When you pushed him, did he have his back to you, yes or no? I am asking you what should be a very straight forward question, just answer it."
Harwood: "I am here to give answers, I am here to help."
Ryder: "When you pushed him did he have his back to you?"
Harwood: "No."

Here's the footage of the incident

edit on 6-4-2011 by Roguesheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Makes my blood boil. Yet an innocent man is dead, and the bastard still lies and fibs. Why is he still in the police if he can't handle himself on duty, why is he still in the police when he continues to stumble and fumble his was through a court room?

He's a servant of the people, a killer and we're still paying him?

Why?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The problem for the officer is, that the majority of the population have seen the video and can see for themselves what happened. If Harwood claims that Tomlinson didnt have his back to him, it is clear for everyone to see what happened. You would thought the police at a time of cuts to their numbers would have been happy to get rid of a rotten apple and restore a little faith in their service. Instead the police's reputation is tarnished further and public support dented.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Originally posted in Guardian newspaper by Paul Lewis and Sam Jones.

Another significant development: the judge has run through a number of important points, and Harwood appears to have back-tracked.

As a result, he as now accepted, on reflection, that Tomlinson was walking away from police and was not "encroaching" upon police lines. Harwood agreed the newspaper seller did have his back to him when he decided to push him. He also accepted that Tomlinson was not being defiant.

All of this appeared to contradict evidence Harwood gave earlier today. The officer did, however, stand by one earlier point, as you can see here:

Judge: "Do you agree that the push looked like a heavy push?"
Harwood: "It looks like a heavy push, yes."
Judge: "Was it a heavy push?"
Harwood: "No."

Well there you have it Pc Harwood in my mind is a complete liar.

I would just like to say that I admire Mr Tomlinson's family for they're Integrity and restraint they have shown through out this Inquest.
If this was one of my family members who had died in the same circumstances I don't think I would be as dignified.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here is a link to the video of Pc Harwood encounter with BBC cameraman Tony Falshaw.
Five minutes prior to his confrontation with Mr Tomlinson.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Makes my blood boil. Yet an innocent man is dead, and the bastard still lies and fibs. Why is he still in the police if he can't handle himself on duty, why is he still in the police when he continues to stumble and fumble his was through a court room?

He's a servant of the people, a killer and we're still paying him?

Why?

I'm just as baffled as you as to why he's still employed as Police Officer.
I know if I was a police officer I would not want to be teamed up with this person.
I wonder how he's treated by colleagues?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Probably as a hero. This is the sort of things that coppers live for. Bunch of rent-a-thugs. That is all they are, every single last one them. Cover up their crimes, so that they can commit more. This is our police, and this is why i hate them with such venom. Every.Single.One.Of.Them. Pig scum

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Your probably right , I remember when it first happened I was lurking around some police forums trying to get they're take on it. And straight away they were defending him even when in turned out the pathologist who at best was incompetent. Or when it came out he wouldn't be facing any charges whatsoever not even the sack they still defended him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join