It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear gurgling in my hallway...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I am 18 and live with my parents and little brother. Our house has two stories, and a long hallway that connects the front door, and my bedroom, to the rest of the house. The hallway is very narrow, and it is the only place in my house to have a high ceiling. There is a liftable panel in the ceiling that leads to what I assume is our second attic, as i know the roofspace that can be accessed from the top floor has no other entrance, leading to the conclusion that there must be two attics in my house, or at least a forgotten room unaccounted for and with no discernible entrance.

The reason I am explaining this is due to my theory that the guttural, almost mechanical yet definitely organic gurgling, breathing noise I can hear some (but too many) nights between 2am and 5am is coming from this area. The noise has a particular attack and release similar to that of someone breathing with a rasp.

I have heard another noises in my hallway like footsteps at strange hours of the night just before sunrise, which I have assumed were a family member as they were definitely real sounds, not imagined. The rasping noise has come recently though, which is what has lead me to speak out about these observations.

I find it all very curious.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Get a plumber in to fix your thermostat.

Better yet - tell your parents about it as they'll have to foot the bill.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well, why don't you fo up there and see where it leads to?

Might just be some pipes, birds or something.

I have two attics, one is just a little space with no real function, but there is an (unused) ventilationpipe where birds used to nest. The made alot of noise in the morning when they left the nest and when they returned with a bundle of twigs and stuff it sounded like there was a carpenter working in that little space...

Just go check it (at midnight)

edit on 5-4-2011 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
When it happens again, grab your video camera! would be intresting to watch

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How old is your house?? Some older 'Victorian era' home had built in cisterns in the 'small attic' which were filled by in roof gutters to use as plumbing water. Just a thought. I have a friend who owns an old vic and he had this strange stain that kept forming on his first floor ceiling. the roof was leaking and water was getting into the cistern and draining into the old pipe leading from it, which was cut off when city water was installed. Poof stain in ceiling. Weirder things have happened. stick a light up there and see whats going on....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If you have a forgotten room in an older house, you have an obligation to go investigate it. Who knows what's up there? This could turn out to be the most fun you've had at home in a long time, and who knows - you might find something of value up there. If it were me, I'd be up there in a heartbeat. I don't think you're going to find a monster with a grumbling stomach. If you do, well, just make sure someone has the camera rolling while you're devoured.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Here's a perfect opportunity to make the story of your life. Why didn't you grab your cam yet? I wouldn't wait a second!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
How close is your parents room?
They could be doing it at 2am, ever think of that!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Go get 'em son!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Maybe there's a high efficient refrigerator up there that you didn't know about.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhioPariah
If you have a forgotten room in an older house, you have an obligation to go investigate it. Who knows what's up there?

Indeed.

Unfortunately, the hole is too high to reach from a chair, or a step ladder. I would need a workers ladder to access it.

Something tells me that I wouldn't find anything anyway unless I checked around the time I hear the noise...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hmm a few thoughts, Pigeons or boiler?

Just a few ideas...You never know, old houses make a ton of noises, and in my experience, the majority of supernatural phenomena do not create plain-sensory stimulus.

You wont see, hear, smell, or touch them. They are just there.

Another thought could be raccoons growling.

But then again, perhaps you could be clairaudient.

Or perhaps your parent fancies herself a quick gargle of scope late at night for some unspeakable reason.

I'd investigate for sure.

-GM

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hmmm you think he went up there and got lost in a wormhole?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

The grudge got him..

attic + girgling noise =

rest his poor little soul
edit on 7-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Discuss with your parents on a way to get to the hidden room. The sound could be that of a propeller roof air vent fan(some ghost hunter shows debunked sounds when they located a fan as such).
Paranormal wise, I'd say sounds like the spirit of a former living person with tuberculosis or another lung condition-breathing supported by a tank/ mask or other apparatus.
Try to gather as much info about the house's past as that might clue you in on what's going on.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Paranormal wise, I'd say sounds like the spirit of a former living person with tuberculosis or another lung condition-breathing supported by a tank/ mask or other apparatus.
Try to gather as much info about the house's past as that might clue you in on what's going on.

Now that would be a good story. The TB patient was quarantined to one end of the attic and when he finally expired, the family sealed off the room forever to prevent the spread of the disease or evil spirits, depending on their beliefs. Wouldn't that be something to finally find that room with all of the old equipment still there...man, I'm getting excited now. But it's got me thinking, maybe the room doesn't have to be accessed with a long ladder from below, maybe there is a way to enter from the adjoining part of the attic?

Whatever happens, this OP had better let us know, even if it's nothing.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
... Paranormal wise, I'd say sounds like the spirit of a former living person with tuberculosis or another lung condition-breathing supported by a tank/ mask or other apparatus.
Try to gather as much info about the house's past as that might clue you in on what's going on...

Paranormal wise? Not everything yet unexplained is paranormal or scary. He probably had a someone up there to check the ventilationshaft or whatever it was and the problem was solved.

People jump into 'paranormal mode' in a heartbeat nowadays. The TB story sounds like a short movie script... like most others

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This sounds like something I used to experience, as a kid. When I was 7 or 8 years old, I spent a lot of time listening to some great LPs (damn I'm getting old...) my dad had back then, like Beatles, Skynyrd, Elvis, Johnny Cash, great stuff, you know...then, one day, out of nowhere, it started. During that brief silence in between tracks, I heard someone breathing right behind me. It was a heavy sound, sounded like someone who just stopped running and is badly trying to catch his breath again. That sound didn't come out of the ceiling, the floor or the walls, it was in the middle of the room, like if there was a huge invisible rottweiler just sitting there staring at me. I freaked out, jumped away from the sound and left the room running like a bat out of hell. It happened dozens of times, only in that room and I never told anyone about this. One day we moved out of that apartment and I never heard the "breather" again.

new topics

top topics

join