It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Once, I Agree With King Ahmadinejad the Crazy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad Predicts Embarrassing End for Obama

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad blasted the US administration for its deceitful policies, and warned that US President Barack Obama will have to face an end far more embarrassing than what his predecessor, George W. Bush, encountered.

Fars News

Even nutty "Akma" sees through the smoke screen that is Obama. He may be a nut-job, but this quote couldn't be any more eerily accurate and prophetic:

As regards the future of the US administration, the Iranian president stated, "I believe that he (Bush) left the scene of politics with shame, but his successor (Obama) will have to leave the scene of politics with much more shame because of his resort to both force and deception."

Obama stands neither on principle or on policy. He is a populist, and an incompetent one at that. At least Iran feared Bush... they just feel bad for Obama.
edit on 5-4-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm certain you were simply trying to add some extra contempt for Ahmadinejad in your title, but it portrays the lack in understanding Iran's politics which is highlighted in MSM and prominent in the West. This misunderstanding leads to name calling like "nut-job", yet posting material where his statements seem to reflect a rational observation of the world's political situation.

Here goes, the leader of Iran is NOT Ahmadinejad, he is the president, and wields powers akin to a mayor.

The President is responsible for the implementation of the Constitution and for the exercise of executive powers, except for matters directly related to the Supreme Leader, who has the final say in all matters.

The actual head of state is The Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei who has the final say on every single policy, especially those having to do with the military.

The Supreme Leader is Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, controls the military intelligence and security operations; and has sole power to declare war or peace.

Source of quotes

So, every inflammatory speech made by president Ahmadinejad should be taken in the context that it is aimed solely to his voting base inside Iran, and is purely rhetorical, as he has absolutely no power to back up any of his threats. He is no more of a "nut-job" than any other politician, he is just playing to his audience.

the Billmeister

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Here goes, the leader of Iran is NOT Ahmadinejad, he is the president, and wields powers akin to a mayor.

Its probably the same system in the US, only the people don't get to see who the "Supreme Leader" is.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Actually, A-jad is quite savvy and intelligent. Sure, it is easy to call all fanaticals of any religion a nut-job, I can agree with that, and that goes across the board for all religions, look at our own Westboro "Christians."

Anyhow, A-jad is the leader of an important Middle Eastern country, and he has been playing the global political game quite well.

Unfortunately, Obama is a TERRIFIC speaker, but not so good in a room full of terrific LEADERS! I wouldn't want to see him go up against A-Jad, Medvedev, Putin, Castro, or my Dad! Obama is an orator, nothing more. He will squeek through his 4 years, and the US will survive due to our military might, but it seems silly to criticize someone like A-jad that has proven themselves tenacious, while we sit here with a lame-duck figurehead for another year and a half.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Obama stands neither on principle or on policy. He is a populist, and an incompetent one at that.
Unlike Bush, who stood on principle and wasn’t a populist? It’s been 10 years, so maybe people have forgotten the platform of non-interventionism Bush ran on.

At least Iran feared Bush... they just feel bad for Obama.
Iran feared Bush? I must’ve missed that when I was listening to all the Ahmadinejad speeches defying the United States during Bush’s term.

But yeah man, I’m with you! At least they feared us! What’s that military motto? “Let them hate us, so long as they fear us!” USA USA USA

Let’s all pretend Obama was the only politician that ran on one thing and did another when he got into office, and that under Bush we were much better and our nation prospered.

Bush 2012: Because Americans have short memories.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Basically. Ahmadinejad has said quite a few things that i agree with. Some people don't realize that this man is Ahmadinejad and worldly. He knows how it goes in the West. So he refuses to be intimidated.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Over Libya?...

Are you joking?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by gncnew

Actually, A-jad is quite savvy and intelligent. Sure, it is easy to call all fanaticals of any religion a nut-job, I can agree with that, and that goes across the board for all religions, look at our own Westboro "Christians."

Anyhow, A-jad is the leader of an important Middle Eastern country, and he has been playing the global political game quite well.

Unfortunately, Obama is a TERRIFIC speaker, but not so good in a room full of terrific LEADERS! I wouldn't want to see him go up against A-Jad, Medvedev, Putin, Castro, or my Dad! Obama is an orator, nothing more. He will squeek through his 4 years, and the US will survive due to our military might, but it seems silly to criticize someone like A-jad that has proven themselves tenacious, while we sit here with a lame-duck figurehead for another year and a half.

Point well taken, I am doing a bit of stone throwing in a glass house... but A'jad has proven to me through some other statements to be a bit out there, be it from religion or elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Obama stands neither on principle or on policy. He is a populist, and an incompetent one at that.
Unlike Bush, who stood on principle and wasn’t a populist? It’s been 10 years, so maybe people have forgotten the platform of non-interventionism Bush ran on.

At least Iran feared Bush... they just feel bad for Obama.
Iran feared Bush? I must’ve missed that when I was listening to all the Ahmadinejad speeches defying the United States during Bush’s term.

But yeah man, I’m with you! At least they feared us! What’s that military motto? “Let them hate us, so long as they fear us!” USA USA USA

Let’s all pretend Obama was the only politician that ran on one thing and did another when he got into office, and that under Bush we were much better and our nation prospered.

Bush 2012: Because Americans have short memories.

I never said Bush was or was not anything. You're presuming something that isn't true about me to make my statements a little less painful.

Iran did fear us under Bush, as well they should - he showed absolutely no penchant against invading an Arab country or two if given the right climate.

Ask yourself this - other than words, how much provacation did Iran do when Bush was in office? How many ships did they try to send through Israel's embargo? When did the UN have to instill a complete arms embargo on Iran for their nuke program?

When did Chavez start really popping off?

Right or wrong, Bush had foreign nations spooked because he was a little trigger happy - Obama just has them laughing at how easy playing him is.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Right or wrong, Bush had foreign nations spooked because he was a little trigger happy - Obama just has them laughing at how easy playing him is.
In my world, being “trigger happy” isn’t a virtue, particularly in a commander-in-chief.

We have been jumping into too many armed conflicts without pausing and thinking things through first. We need less “trigger happy” Presidents, not more.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Since when did Ahmadinejad become a king ..??

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

In my world, being “trigger happy” isn’t a virtue, particularly in a commander-in-chief.

We have been jumping into too many armed conflicts without pausing and thinking things through first. We need less “trigger happy” Presidents, not more.

Again, you're presuming I disagree with you. The point isn't that Bush was trigger happy and so should Obama. The point is that while people laughed at Bush, they feared him as well, and fear breads respect - healthy or not.

Obama is being laughed at, but not feared or respected by anyone. It's the boy wonder in a man's world (not meant in a sexist way!).

Missing the forest for the trees here people.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by legalizeit
Since when did Ahmadinejad become a king ..??

T'was sarcasim. He's not, it was a play on words (i.e. King Richard the Lion heart).

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
OP, I have found myself agreeing with that nut more than once...

Further proof of the Bizarro World we live in ?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
why do you agree with him only once? i dont think ahmadanejad is the crazy one. obama is the one whos crazy. ive listened to admedinejad un speech and it was brilliant. of course any speech where most of the u.s. and its rogue allies walk out on has to be.
ive also heard obama speeches and they are 100% pure bs

new topics

top topics

join