It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert: Radiation Now 7.5 million times the legal limits: CNN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

What about this fresh catch of the day???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d0174beb383.jpg[/atsimg]

Just kidding, HOAX....

So sad that we have no idea what to expect from the seas, since we don't really know what the levels are that are being dumped.

edit on 5-4-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There are initial reports suggesting this nuclear reaction cannot be stopped according to TEPCO's assessment and that they told the Japanese government that it was time to leave the plants. The Government said no. If this is true, then we are indeed watching a dog and pony show of efforts and the death of the Fukushima 50 (read 500 to 600 workers on rotation) is a certainty.

Beyond that, it may be time for our best and brightest to figure out what happens when this all leaks out - and I don't mean the information, but rather the radiation. What are people facing? Yes, I know we don't have disclosure yet on what all (MOX fuel) is stored, processed, used, hidden at this plant. But with just the givens of probably six nuclear reactors going poof in one way or another...what is ahead for the world's inhabitants - walkers and swimmers?

People don't need radiation level numbers - those aren't understood by the general population or even folks following this story to some degree unless they are tied to casualty numbers. People need pictures and maps of where this is heading and a plan to track the path through crowd-sourcing that takes the regulators out of the picture.

This information is quite disturbing. Looking for more confirmation from ATS members.

The Japanese newspaper Mainichi Shimbun stated that Tepco told the Japanese government already last Monday that securing the Fukushima Plant would probably not be possible and it would be best to let the workers leave the facility. According to the paper, Premier Naoto Kan responded saying that the latter was not an option and thus in effect signed the Fukushima 50′s death certificates. The paper says the information is very reliable and comes from a high ranking Tepco official.

TEPCO violates worker's rights

TOKYO – News has come to light that the Japanese power company Tepco may have been careless with its employees.

German journalist Robert Hetkämper stated that for the past several years Tepco has been using homeless, un-educated, under-aged and migrant workers at their Fukushima plant. Hetkämper says that doctors have confirmed his findings and told the reporter that Tepco referred to its employees as ‘throw-away-staff’.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18541d994214.jpg[/atsimg]

According to Hetkämper, once the doctors determined that employees had been exposed to too much radiation, the workers would simply be fired and new ones would be hired to take their place.

Tepco denies the allegation despite having a shady track record of integrity and honesty.

Furthermore, 33 safety violations were detected just days before the massive earthquake struck the plant.

According to experts who headed the investigation the plant lacked emergency power generators, pumps and other parts of the cooling system that proved faulty after the Tsunami destroyed the plant causing overheating and radioactive steam to be released into the air.

edit on 5-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: oops

See this thread for the latest developments

edit on 5-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Non of what you posted suprised me one bit. TEPCO does have a very shady track record. hell, they couldnt even get a extra 300 dosimeters, rad alarms, survey meters, and badges flown in until last friday. workers were rotating between gear and some going into these plants with none. prety sure it wouldnt of been that hard to get some extra rad gear flown in from somewhere in a day or 2 after the accident with all the other emergency gear.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
TEPCO ADMITS ERROR – Seawater At Plant 7.5 Million Times Over Limit

Seawater At The Screen Unit 1 - 480,000 times limit

Seawater At The Screen Unit 2 - 7.5 million times limit

Seawater At The Screen Unit 3 - 380,000 times limit

Seawater At The Screen Unit 4 - 350,000 times limit

Diagrams and more info here:

pstuph.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

An interesting fact I learned when I was taking physics is that the human mind cannot comprehend numbers beyond 10k.

One of the problems we have when facing a number like "7.5M times the legal limit" is that people know it's a lot but there is no way to conceive it. We need something we can reference this to to understand the magnitude! If we did and could comprehend the damage then I'm sure many heads would turn and take notice.

AS
edit on 5-4-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Ann Coulter said that radiation is good for you, so the more the better.
see you on the other side,
telephone monkey

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
haha yeah 7.5 million means death to all, how hard is it to crasp,

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I just want to say that i had a family member involved in the initial stages of this quake and tsunami in Japan and i tried to tell everyone it was waaaaaayyyy worse than what everyone said it was. Well as it always happens....we get told one thing in the beginning...then the truth comes out later. This is very unfortunate and sad that our governments will cover things up until the very last second.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Given that Japan fishing industry is 14 billion a year so this is now scratched.

When I see photos of Japanese fisherman it is invariable Tuna and other ocean going species. How many other fishing industries worldwide will be affected as they move around the ocean?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

An interesting fact I learned when I was taking physics is that the human mind cannot comprehend numbers beyond 10k.

One of the problems we have when facing a number like "7.5M times the legal limit" is that people know it's a lot but there is no way to conceive it. We need something we can reference this to to understand the magnitude! If we did and could comprehend the damage then I'm sure many heads would turn and take notice.

AS
edit on 5-4-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

Most people would notice only after Battle of the Fat, Crack Addicted and Retarded Network Dancing Hoarder Stars is over for the evening and there were no Family Guy reruns on.
edit on 5-4-2011 by GoalPoster because: fixed spelling error because I was distracted by the Battle of the Fat, Crack Addicted and Retarded Network Dancing Hoarder Stars

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i think all these wrong and maybe true infos are just to make people think "yeye...anyway..."

and it works..many people even dont watch news anymore cause of this...noone in germany for example realy cares about japan anymore...

all these false infos and gibbering..i think its what they want ...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Reminds me of that movie Jaws. Where that mayor tells everyone to go into the ocean. Its all safe. No sharks. Those Japs are really delussional.

The real aren't the Japs as you say it. It's definitely TPTB that hide the truth to avoid panic of the masses, period.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Nat.Geo. Risks of Contamination

This article gives a very basic primer for some of the risks associated with the contamination. It was published with 3,355 times the legal limit for seawater as the working figure at that time.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Morons

I am sorry, this is just an epic fail, they might as well bring chairs and hot dogs

DRILL BABY DRILL

NUKE BABY NUKE

radiation is good for you

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

These are the numbers released after they were forced by the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) to recalculate the data correctly,There are more of the newly released numbers and a diagram of the locations tested here:

pstuph.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
I just want to say that i had a family member involved in the initial stages of this quake and tsunami in Japan and i tried to tell everyone it was waaaaaayyyy worse than what everyone said it was. Well as it always happens....we get told one thing in the beginning...then the truth comes out later. This is very unfortunate and sad that our governments will cover things up until the very last second.

Same here. I have a close friend from Japan (my Senior prom date from high school, actually).

This girl is one of the most positive, optimistic people I know. But when she called me a few days after the quake, her voice was deadly serious. For the first time, there was no "look on the bright side" attitude here.

I tried telling my friends and family that this was a HUGE disaster. They didn't pay much attention, because the news told them otherwise.

Now, even though it's becoming apparent that this is, in fact, a HUGE disaster, people don't seem to care. Or, at the very least, the media seems to think that the American public has very little interest in what's unfolding in Japan.

Today, I'm sitting here telling my friends and family that this is a disaster of biblical proportions. I wonder if they'll listen this time?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by webworker

hey everyone, I am new here. How the heck do I read any of this to understand it? Is it really millions? that would be beyond historical and past biblical! thanks for any help!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Initially I wanted to seek shelter in the underground bunker-cities that the govt built over the last 50years.

Then I realized people like Ann Coulter or the Rockefellers will also have a place down there to live and keep saying their disgusting opinions.

That is why I decided I shall happily die up here topside with you lot.

I would rather die with you folks than live in a cave with the elites.

Kind of a sad irony.
I also expect their bunkers to become their tombs eventually.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm ok as long as there are no iguanas in that area.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join