It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL How many ATS Members here believe in Alien lifeforms and Alien spacecraft ? Visiting Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
1)

I think when there are claims that there are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on the earth's beaches, then thats a number that I can't comprehend.

That number is then again multiplied by however many planets orbit those stars, which if the solar systems are like earth have an average of around 10 planets.

To say that we are the only form of life, and believe that fully is very closed minded.

So in that case, my choice for reason 1 is that I have an open mind and believe that the existence of aliens is possible. As to the level of technology, I believe that if they existed long before we did, then they would be able to do things we would consider impossible, such as travel vast distances etc.
edit on 5-4-2011 by digitenor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by smokingman2006

I believe the probably exist, but that doesn't mean that 99.9999% of the reports are not false.

Do I believe even one of the many reports?
No

So you believe that most, if not all reports are lies? I know you are going to say "where's the evidence?"

It would take an enormous amount of distrust to not believe even a single one and dismiss it as a lie. I'd like to say foolish but I wouldn't say that to a mod!

LOL! I don't think the majority of htem are lies, I think the majority of them are misidentifications, or an over-abundance of hope and speculation.

I have seen many UFOs in my time, and with a little bit of logic and research, I have been able to identify every last one of them.

I think the intentional hoaxes are probably minimal.

I would love to be proven wrong, because I am confident that there is other life on other planets. Actually, with the diversity of life on Earth as evidence, I think there is probably life on every planet, but we may not recognize it as such.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
1 fo sho!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Number 1. for me

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
One
2nd

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm definitely a 1.
Can't be any doubt about it, peeps.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Are there aliens? Definately 1.
Visiting Earth? Probably not so 2.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You can count me as a No. 1

When looking up into the night sky and seeing a vast blanket of countless stars, I can’t help but think that each of them hold the possibility of serving host to a planet which contains life. And then the realization hits that I'm looking through a peep hole. What I can see is only just a miniscule potion of what is out there. Surly we are not alone, and even more surly, we are not the most intelligent creature in this universe. To think so is both ignorant and conceded.

As for our tiny planet being visited. I think there is sufficient evidence available to prove this. It’s simply a matter of accepting it. We have never been alone and I think the true will be out soon.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
yes and only fools think otherwise. Before the first time I saw a ufo I believed, I have had many sightings. recently just a few weeks ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Taffygirl

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

one to the tenth power.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

1. Maybe not visiting, but visited, yes.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

ok i'm game

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It seems the majority of people on this thread agree that alien life is possible.
I posted this on another thread, but I think it kind of went unnoticed. But you here are of a different mind set.
Some mathematicians came up with some very interesting figures that I think you here would be interested in. There was a question of how many stars are there in the Universe? They came up with this as basis for comparison.
There are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on the whole planet Earth. 100 stars per grain! That is a lot of stars! And a lot of possibilities for life in the Universe.
I did say that I thought life in the Universe is unique and I think very rare. Some one told me that the Universe is not very friendly toward biological life as we can see on our own Planet. All kinds of natural disasters, viruses and even unfriendlies like asteroids banging into us can wipe us out and much more.
But I am with number 1..
Also , if there are others visiting us, they would have to have a technology far beyond anything that we can conceive of. But.. just because we can't do it, doesn't mean someone else hasn't already achieved this . I think that opinion is made far too often.. It would not have to be that their technology has developed on the same line as ours. Just my opinion. Not a fact by any means.
edit on 5-4-2011 by ellieN because: needed a different word

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
1 YES! I believe there's alien life out there

I'm also 90% sure they've visited / are visiting the Earth

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

One,eins,ichi,uno,un,оне,aon,Yksi, en,Ένα,Um,Unul,Един,一,एक,Jedan,하나. Well I thought I could do 2 lines of that but I was wrong. I think my answer is obvious, we think we know a lot but we don't, I think it's more plausible that the Universe is a very fertile place and that yes we've been visited.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I believe because i have no choice but to believe, Ive been watching these IFOs for over 40 years in different places throughout the united states and see them nearly every evening when I'm out watching the sky's for them. although i do not know who they are or what their agendas are? I do know of their presence and the reality of them.

I cannot prove that they aren't here to harm us or to alter us, just as i cannot prove that they aren't terrestrials that have always been with us and most likely created us.

what i do know is , is that if we could remain at a high enough altitude in a stationary position ,they would more than likely interact with us more openly, than if we were to stay here on the ground where its more dangerous for them to commit

edit on 5-4-2011 by anumohi because: #1 is my vote

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well , Well, no surprise here the majority of posters so far are picking the number 1 option.

but many have yet to vote are some embarrass about their beliefs .
Sm

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join