It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This weather is NOT normal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why do people make posts like this without doing some research first? Did the OP bother to look at the historical weather records before claiming that the weather is NOT normal?

Seriously kids, you guys have access to more information and up-to-the-minute data than any other generation in the history of mankind and yet you can't take 30 seconds to do a search. Is everyone so 'programmed' by the media that the first reaction to something unusual is to sound the alarm? Honestly, variations in temperature and strong thunderstorms are quite normal for Spring, no matter where you are.

ATS used to be better than this....
edit on 5-4-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
New Orleans. It's much colder than normal for this time of year. Typically we're into the upper 80's, low 90's by now. The thunder storms are a bit off as well. They seem more intence and frequent than usual. A lot of tornados, especially in more urban areas, which is odd.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the pole's being moved by the earthquake?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbob2012
reply to post by boo1981

i live in newcastle.uk,and am a landscape gardener,for years iv noticed a change,but this year,totaly diffrent to any weather patten in have ever saw,my plants and flowers are not blooming like they did last year,few week back it was roasting,i got sun burned,bee's were out,was like a july summer day,then bang winter,freezing conditions..and it is still cold,but when sun is out,its a hot sun...i think...and am no expert...with the suns activity,and our geomagnetic field being unsettled,and our atmoshere it quite weak,with a new hole in the ozone,i wud say all these things can make earths weather crazy...correct me if am wrong lol..is something in space effecting the change??.
hisz.rsoe.hu... i found this site after japan,spend abit of time to look at it,u can even put the date back 10 year or more and compare extream weather..what ever is happening,its KILLING a load of animals too..so i can honestly say,in my life time i havent saw weather so extream...am 34 this year

Well I must say that my flowers have bloomed as well as they have in previous years. I have seen the bee's out and yes the Sun dose feel hot when its clear skies. I have noticed that, especially when there is no wind.

As for the RSOE website
It can be misleading and wrong on occasions. I have learnt this over the years. I do agree that our weather is changing and I am infact wondering is it something out in space/the solar system.

I guess time will tell!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Why do people make posts like this without doing some research first? Did the OP bother to look at the historical weather records before claiming that the weather is NOT normal?

Seriously kids, you guys have access to more information and up-to-the-minute data than any other generation in the history of mankind and yet you can't take 30 seconds to do a search. Is everyone so 'programmed' by the media that the first reaction to something unusual is to sound the alarm? Honestly, variations in temperature and strong thunderstorms are quite normal for Spring, no matter where you are.

ATS used to be better than this....

Some of us old timers have been around this block of life for a long while now, and in our particular areas. We know what's right and what don't feel right. And, SOME of us DO have the historical records in mind

Gotta love blanket statements

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
New Orleans. It's much colder than normal for this time of year. Typically we're into the upper 80's, low 90's by now. The thunder storms are a bit off as well. They seem more intence and frequent than usual. A lot of tornados, especially in more urban areas, which is odd.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the pole's being moved by the earthquake?

Really, How cold is it?

The average high for New Orleans is 78 degrees this month.
The average low is 58 degrees
The record low is 32 degrees
The record high is 92!
Average precip for March in NOLA is 4.9"

Last month NOLA got 3.83" of rain...

See how easy and fast it is to gather that info? Nothing unusual or strange.... carry on....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

OK... old timer... let me put it this way. I don't trust your "feelings" or your memory. If you want to say something like... "This doesn't feel right" then by all means, do so but if you want make a claim that something isn't normal then show me some numbers and stats.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Thank you! I'm no kid. And when the weather is one way my whole life, and then changes drastically over a few years time, I'm going to take notice!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

More than 1150 severe weather reports in last 24 hours is a new record

So this is not normal. In fact, it is record breaking.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1FullHouse

After reading their posts it's obvious some one pissed in their cornflakes this morning, and the high winds probably blew it right in their snarky little face.

edit on 5-4-2011 by Ventessa because: Couldn't resist adding snarky to my insult. I just had to do it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by amaster

Really, How cold is it?

The average high for New Orleans is 78 degrees this month.
The average low is 58 degrees
The record low is 32 degrees
The record high is 92!
Average precip for March in NOLA is 4.9"

Last month NOLA got 3.83" of rain...

See how easy and fast it is to gather that info? Nothing unusual or strange.... carry on....

It's 62 degrees right now, with a rather cool breeze. Tonights lows will be into the low 40's.
And while that may fall well within the range of information you gave (which is appreciated) it's still somewhat odd. More so in referance to the frequency and intensity of storms then the actual temperature since the "average" stated can be applied to any given month plus or minus 5 degrees depending on the season. Perhaps it's not odd at all, but for some reason, it just seems to be more noticable this year.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, I believe this is absolutely normal. To my mind, we are entering another part of the grand Earth cycle. The changes we are experiencing have been experienced by other living beings here on Earth before. They do look odd, because we never experienced such weather, but they are normal here on Earth.

I don't know what it will lead to, I'm excited about this. I don't care about dying from a natural disaster. I will go back to where I came from: Earth. I believe the solar max has something to do with this as well. NASA said it would be a really powerful one, and warned we should adapt our power grid in consequence.

Here in Canada, Quebec, Montreal, we had a strange winter. We didn't have any snow for half of the winter, which is highly unusual because we're always under tons of snow. The other half we had really small amounts of snow. Unusual.

Don't fear the changes we are experiencing, embrace them.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Here in LA it's been crazy to say the least. Last few days have been high/low of 75/55, the week before that it was 50/35 and a day or 2 in between it was 96/69. Things haven't been "normal" since early 2009 over here in Cali.

I've been watching LA's weather this last year or so, and noticed your weather is very similar to ours (vegas). geographically speaking, its not supposed to be. the 90 to 60 degree temp swings especially. you guys are not on a desert valley, it dosen't seem to make sense.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yas i live down here in South Florida and leaves are falling like its about to be winter. there are piles of leaves everywhere. i Noticed it about. It started around last week.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Hmmm... I don't recall having corn flakes this morning. My comments aren't any where near snarky... in fact they are well below the norm on the snark-o-meter. But thank you for your astute observations even if they have no bearing on reailty and make absolutely no contribution to the conversation taking place in this thread. However, if you would care to discuss my demeaner you are certainly welcome to start a new thread with me as the topic. Here's a start....

SOMEONE PISSED IN BLARNEYSTONER'S CORN FLAKES THIS MORNING!!! HIS SNARKY COMMENTS ARE OFF THE FRIKKEN SCALE!!!

I'll even give you a flag and star...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by EarthOccupant

I'm in Woodstock Ga. Its April..which usually means..warm weather and harsh storms complete with tornado warnings....Cherokee County is known as "Tornado Alley" However....my planting season has gone to crap! heres why... normally I plant on Good Friday for the coming harvest season, thats always been our tradition. This year, Good Friday does not come till the end of April, but to top it all off? just when we finally have some warm days? we're met a day later with really cold days....which is not normal for my area,...usually April hits and its all good. Example..the last 3 days its been 75-80..you walked outside last night around 9pm (before the storm hit) and it was warm..breezy...but very warm...it felt amazing! Wake up this morning and its in the 40s! the high is 57, and that doesn't happen till 6pm. Its weird, very weird.

A long shot...

Could it be that ancient wisdom has evolved into the religion calendar, and TELLING you to wait untilll this years LATE good friday, because somehow they figured out the relation between weather and dates/planets/?
edit on 5-4-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

Al those ancient calender structures around the world could have produced knoledge witch is not lost, just not recognised.

edit on 5-4-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Awesome. Thanks! And just so you know, the OP started this thread to have a discussion about how odd the weather SEEMS to be, and they want to hear about what other people are experiencing. YOU might need numbers to confirm something, or prove something to yourself, but the OP obviously has the same feeling as many others of many age groups, that something is not right with the weather. They want to try to figure out reasons for why the weather is off kilter. They don't need numbers to tell them something isn't right, they already have that figured out.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Ventessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Exactly! There's been days where we had a daytime high of 85 and then it drops to 35 at night, that is definitely not LA weather. I don't live in the city, I stay in the foothills where the weather used to be easy to predict. If I had to compare where I live to anywhere else I'd say it feels like a desert climate, extreme dry heat, and frigid cold at night. Not to mention our near record setting rainfall, which brought back memories of el nino.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well.. Mother earth is BIG

But in a relative short period we had a few earthquakes, tsunami, volcano's, an oil spill, topped off with a little radiation...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
It's 5AM on the east coast of the US, and here near Baltimore we're getting severe thunderstorms. Like, really violent and severe. Besides a few weeks ago at 6:30AM, I can't remember ever having thunderstorms in the morning. Last time I checked, that's NOT normal.

So here's my question, is anyone else having very strange and erratic weather, and if so, what could be causing it?

April Showers bring May's flowers

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Seems transition from winter to spring is more violent than in past. I also believe that there are more summer type storms happening earlier so being in transition from winter to spring and earth not being ready for summer type weather may have some sort of effect. Havent there been tropical storms already this year in places that get them in say june and july. I lve in hurricane alley on nc coast and look forward to seeing if storms come up here before end of august and september. I am a landscape contractor and notice things blooming earlier than the past year. Last summer it was evident with crepe myrtles for summer blooming plants and this year it seems early spring bloomers are going off early. I allso have noticed alot of plants that are in zones 9 that usually wouldnt fare well here are now making a fine transition. Weird i say, but because I am a proud and informed atser i know the deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join