It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This weather is NOT normal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Yea we're supposed to be in spring too. I'm in Texas, and I checked the weather 30 mins ago and it was 35 degrees. Seems a bit cold for this time of the year, especially in Texas.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

The weather is not normal??????
We as humans in this modern era have been recording weather patterns for about 150 years, the planet has been around for BILLIONS of years, so who are we to decide what is NORMAL weather.?????

edit on 5-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
How can something that is constantly changing sometimes drastically sometimes gradually have a "norm" just because a person hasn't seen something or a pattern change in their 20 some years of life doesn't mean it's not normal also factor in the age of earth. There probably isn't a part of this world that hasn't seen the complete opposite of it's current weather's nature.

We go through patterns sometimes dull then drastic and sometimes catastrophic weather events that some feel we may be due for that big change to happen again soon.
Let me say this, I don't buy into the bigger picture of "chem trails" but I cannot deny that where I lived in South Jersey for the past two and a half years probably saw sunshine for maybe 2 hours out of the day.
Same hours always, day break sunlight, mid afternoon (planes would fly over leave contrails they would spread and blanket the entire sky) by 6pm during summer you'd get breaks in the clouds and get some sun before night.

Anyway, yes possibly something is happening or just the very tip of whats going to happen.
Don't be scared sometimes it can take a life time to take full effect or sometimes the snap of a finger.
Live life , if you can walk out side take a breath of air without immediate death and are able to be a functional human being be damn grateful for it and take advantage of it.

I remember in 09 when I still lived in New Jersey and there was a thunderstorm in the middle of the winter.
Also here in Fl where I live now the past two winters we've had frost that caused us to lose many produce to the point where restaurants are not giving out tomatoes or only on request.

I found this "neat" as well when it happened Snow in 49 states.

Is something happening? Yes something is always happening when it comes to the planet you live on and every single day we live in another day it is changing itself for the next big "make over".
What I wonder most is if I'll see it in my life time.

Weird things are always happening but when we become more aware of them they seem to happen a lot more often and in a lot more places.
It's like when you discover a new word you tend to notice it a lot more but does that mean it was never around or used to begin with?..No or maybe there's a bigger picture that we just can't fathom yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

here in NW Fl we had tornado watch/warnings till about 1 AM or so.
tonight supposed to be cooler and up in Alabama temps could drop into the thirties..it won't last long
however.
i have taken for granted for years that up until the end of april frost is always possible.
i don't understand weather, currents and jet stream changes.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm in SE South Carolina and have the same storms going on here. It's not unusual for this area and there are several days where we wake up to storms. Most of the time, we get hot and sunny until mid-afternoon and then the storms come but once in a while, they start in the morning. There's a severe storm watch going on for most of the east coast today.

I would think it to be slightly unusual if it was the middle of winter but even then, this is the south, so I wouldn't be too shocked.
edit on 5-4-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: typo

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I disagree with you. Its unusually cold here too but not record. So interesting how we are in "global warming" and your local area is unusually cold. I will never deny the fact that humans have a direct impact on the atmosphere via fuel burning and carbon dioxide which is minimal compared to research of data which clearly showed that global warming/cooling is a natural process. Volcanic activity is the culprit, period. I am so sick of this paranoia of the weather! Icebergs are going to melt someday as will the earth freeze over again one day, For billions of years volcanic release of gases has resulted in catosrophic weather patterns(non of which we would barely notice during a lifetime) . I mean, really the earth has gone through many fatal phases. Human kind has been here for a second and I am sure we will be gone in another with hardly a trace. Who cares when you look at the big picture. She can always recover. We are nothing to her forces. I am not destructive, I am as green as possible but i do not believe in global warming. Does the smog suck, yes. Is it bad, yes. Do your best to not leave a trace! P.S. It will be warm in a month! Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by S3ns1bl3
reply to post by heineken

I believe they know what is happening, however I suspect the reason to cover it up is for the same reason they do everything else. PROFIT.

Firstly theres Liability, If they knew ahead of time and tried to evacuate & failed, they would be liable for that. If they "didnt see it coming" there is ZERO Liability, how can there be.

Secondly The Economy, this is how they exploit us and keep their grasp on power. If we knew of an impending disaster we would prepare, that would mean less if spending on pointless things (which acounts for pretty much 90% of what we buy) and they woud lose money.

And finally, Depopulation. There is too many of us, this is a known fact, we have been breeding like a virus, a cancer is probably more accurate. Theres more people than we can (want to?) feed & home and again for them to keep hold of "vital" resources they will have to keep the numbers down. Also high numbers means high risk for them as a full scale revolt would literally walk all over them, and again PROFIT, theres no profit and feeding the hungry, especially if you have been stealing resources from them while they sit in squalor.

Something is happening, what that is im not sure, unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I dont think we'll have much longer to wait.
edit on 5/4/11 by S3ns1bl3 because: Spelling

at first i was like PROFIT?? wtf huhh

but your post did make a lot of sense..thank you brother

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Bear in mind the inter-glalcial (sp?) period we are in is actually unusual weather in itself for the planet - the planet in its history is normally either tropical rainforests in the artic/antartic or in an ice age .....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I drink alot of water now. I have been on a strict workout routine for a few weeks and drink 6-8 glasses a day. It's more of a lack of the storm itself. I can't remember the last time I saw lightning or heard thunder. It might not have even been 2011 when I did. Is there any scientific evidence linking that with anything? It's giving me a weird feeling just thinking about it.

By "that" I mean weird weather patterns, including a lack of rain.
edit on 4/5/2011 by trippvail because: Added explanation for sentence.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Checking in from the Southeast, to say ditto on the weird weather!
Last week a dreary, chilly rain set in for DAYS, to the point where I commented to several people "I feel like we're in London... or Seattle!" Then, suddenly 75 degrees and clear as a bell. Strong winds came from the south yesterday, then a freakin freaky thunderstorm in the wee hours of the morning today-- with fork-ed lightening like you wouldn't believe! Right now... 7:30A.M. and REALLY COLD outside (for S.C. this time of year, anyway.)

Off topic conspiracy: I can't type worth a doodle this morning! My typo's are disturbing my sense of well-being!

A pleasant day to you all, no matter what the weather tries to make of it!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I would assume that you know what a completely naked women looks like. This is a women facing a different direction and represents on her form nature.

I didn´t know that naked is only considered naked from the front. Silly me.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, I went into rant mode.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I haven't noticed anything too different, but then again I live in Ohio. This type of weather happens all the time. I have noticed the past few years that our seasons have shifted to slightly later dates. Winter has seemingly started later (late January early February) and we continue to get snow into the beginning of April. We have also been getting massive amounts of snow at times. It isn't uncommon for us to have 60-70 degree whether and the the following day it is freezing and snow accumulates, followed by another 60-70 degree day.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cut3ypie
here in england uk,its very errtic,like last week its was so warm for this time of year then on sunday the showers that were happenin were soakin people in seconds like a mini monsoon,i know we get april showers here but wow!!!!!!!!!also now its windy and cold but its forecast to be hot at the end of the week,the last 2 years we,ve had snow and in all my little 31 years i,ve never known snow like it(we use to just get a dusting that lasted a few mins) now it lasts for about week!!!!!i can see that the patten is changing,also read that sum glacias are melting the fastest for 350 years,wow
great thread,star for you

edit on 5-4-2011 by cut3ypie because: spellin mistakes(again)

I would have to disagree with you on a few points you have mentioned. Here in the UK the weather is always up and down. And as for the snow, well I can remember back in the 80's and early 90's having large snowfalls that lasted a week or so.

The temperature has always been very changeable here. Its a small country, so as one weather system is finishing another is always very close behind!

I would say that it depends on what part of the UK you come from really. I think it has been slightly warmer than recent years. But i also remember it always being quite hot on my birthday which is the beginning of May, the last couple of years it has been dull/cold or raining

EDIT: Just wanted to add that we had a heavy rainfall on Sunday with a little thunder thrown in. It reminded me of summer rain and thunder storms

edit on 5/4/11 by boo1981 because: More text and spelling!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Funny thing happened… read some of this thread about 5 minutes ago… closed it out

The wife had it on VH1 Top 20 Countdown and the VJ says “Its New York City in April” he is dressed in winter clothing and he can see his breath and he says “It aint right, it aint right!” now the VJ is Jim Shear and he is a J@ckass but I thought the timing was very odd… cos I just read this thread…

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

i live in newcastle.uk,and am a landscape gardener,for years iv noticed a change,but this year,totaly diffrent to any weather patten in have ever saw,my plants and flowers are not blooming like they did last year,few week back it was roasting,i got sun burned,bee's were out,was like a july summer day,then bang winter,freezing conditions..and it is still cold,but when sun is out,its a hot sun...i think...and am no expert...with the suns activity,and our geomagnetic field being unsettled,and our atmoshere it quite weak,with a new hole in the ozone,i wud say all these things can make earths weather crazy...correct me if am wrong lol..is something in space effecting the change??.
hisz.rsoe.hu... i found this site after japan,spend abit of time to look at it,u can even put the date back 10 year or more and compare extream weather..what ever is happening,its KILLING a load of animals too..so i can honestly say,in my life time i havent saw weather so extream...am 34 this year

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Yeah that about sums up the weather for me the past twenty four hours in my part of MD, south of the location of the OP.

The weather feels about right to me for this time of year except I notice these past few months a lot of overcast days with heavy cloud cover between bright sunny days. This is actually probably a good way to be. The past fifteen years or so we had either too many rainy days in a row or drought. I'm liking this weather. However, I'm not liking all the tornado watches. I have alerts come to my phone so none of us got much sleep last night with all the beeps and bloops from our phones, and knowing we might have to run to the basement at any moment. The noises of the storm were pretty freaky, too, as the wind made a lot of strange sounds whistling through our trees. MD has been getting tornados and tornado alerts more frequently, I think. My father in law nearly got killed in one a few years back. I feel like I'm living in Tornado Alley now. To me, that is strange. But weather is always changing. My grandma was in her late nineties when she passed and she assured me of that much. She said people are always freaking out about the weather not being what it used to be. But she said they did that when she was a young girl, too, so apparently the weather never is what it used to be.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I'm east coast as well and I've lived here my whole life. We do get thunderstorms at any of the day however yesterday was a bit odd, it didn't seem like thunderstorm weather at all but we do get them occasionally in winter too. I agree overall though that the weather is not quite normal.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Without saying it is normal or not.

Weather DOES care what time of the day it is. Because daytime and especially sun does influence the warming of earth and water, which in return influence the weather with wind and moisture.

Thats why thunderstorms MOSTLY are in the late afternoon, evening or at night.
edit on 5-4-2011 by EarthOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthOccupant

I'm in Woodstock Ga. Its April..which usually means..warm weather and harsh storms complete with tornado warnings....Cherokee County is known as "Tornado Alley" However....my planting season has gone to crap! heres why...normally I plant on Good Friday for the coming harvest season, thats always been our tradition. This year, Good Friday does not come till the end of April, but to top it all off? just when we finally have some warm days? we're met a day later with really cold days....which is not normal for my area,...usually April hits and its all good. Example..the last 3 days its been 75-80..you walked outside last night around 9pm (before the storm hit) and it was warm..breezy...but very warm...it felt amazing! Wake up this morning and its in the 40s! the high is 57, and that doesn't happen till 6pm. Its weird, very weird.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm in SE Georgia.

A cold front moved through during the wee morning hours. The thunder woke me up. Very normal weather.

We always say we will have one day of cool weather during March or April right before Easter.

Temperature was 86F yesterday it is 55F right now.

This has been the normal weather way for the past 64 years that I've been on this earth.

Also, I have never known a thunder storm to care what time of day it comes by.

I have seen warm winters and cold winters. Normal summers and very hot summers.

I'm not going to be concerned until we have a freeze in July or it's 100F in February.

In south Georgia we always say if you don't like the weather today just wait until tomorrow because it is so changeable. Heard this when I was a child and it's still true.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join