It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qur'an burning free speech in America?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So free speach is ok as long as you keep it to your self............thats laughable.

The Pastor was an idiot........but he had EVERY right to burn the book.......or MY BIBLE...........or piss on pictures of my mom. I disagree with everyone of those things..........but I disagree with letting some government paper pusher telling me what I am ALLOWED to say even more

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Qur'an burning free speech in America?

Absolutely!

Does that redneck preacher have the right for someone to kick his A$$ afterwards for doing it?

Absolutely!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
I don't think what that idiot did was practicing his right to free speech. That is the same thing as yelling fire in a movie theater. What he did is a form of terrorism in it's self. He has personally killed people by doing what he did. It's not like he wasn't warned what would happen.

As far as the Muslims murdering people. Any reason to murder non believers in the name of their god is good enough for them. They should be held accountable. But The real murders are the nut jobs that used the technology and the video to incite the people that can't even read nor have internet access these Iran sponsored terrorists. They are just getting other nut jobs to do their dirty work. They need to be sought out and brought to justice. I'd love to see all three of them in the same cell.

Knowing full well the 'problem ,reaction' solution' MO used over and over and over by the puppeteers, to get The Sheep to line up for whatever the next step of The agenda is, and knowing some of the public's obvious reaction to something like this , I would have little problem believing this was an intentionally contrived event to get exactly this type of national discussion going in order to try and find a way to futher limit 'free speech'.

It was done from the angle of 'anti-Muslim' to give it a bit of reverse psch so as not to appear too obvious, but it's end run real intentions seem to be to try and get limitations on speech that criticize the policies and actions of the so called 'leadership' here and link 'causing violence' to those types of protected speech, simply false guilt by association. Don't fall for it, it is the 'slippery slope', that the controllers want to use to do an end run around the 1st amend and to eventually attempt to enlarge restrictions on speaking freely.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
On the one hand, there are some so-called Muslims who deliberately claim to take offence and use this as a false premise to 'justify' acts of violence.

On the other, acting with the deliberate intent of causing offence, knowing it may also incite violence, is beyond freedom if speech.

With all freedoms and all rights comes responsibility!

And if someone walks up to my mother and calls her a stinking, f***ing whore, then he might think he is exercising his lawful right to freedom of speech, but he's still going to be waking up in hospital connected to a machine ......

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

There's already a SCOTUS ruling from 1942 that sets a precedent for this. There's no need for a conspiracy for any new law or policy.

All that has to be done is for a court case to happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DonnaLynn

So I guess molesting children in churches is setting a great example for our great religion aswell. Both have disgusting aspects to them, ours needs a b***h slap aswell.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Tecumte

There's already a SCOTUS ruling from 1942 that sets a precedent for this. There's no need for a conspiracy for any new law or policy.

All that has to be done is for a court case to happen.

Possibly, but there is always a need to get people on board and to expand and implement any law especially one written almost 70 years ago. A contrived event like this possibly was, even has some congressional lapdogs saying they may need to 'reexamine' the issue. I'm sure there are a few totalitarian minded individuals who would love nothing more than to attempt to shut down anyone who critcizes them or their policies by trying to 'link' it with violence.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

So I guess molesting children in churches is setting a great example for our great religion aswell.

Na to some people that's free speech.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yes, the pastor was exercising freedom of speech, but he was an absolute idiot for being so insensitive and deliberately inflaming tensions. He did what he did with the intention of getting an audience and provoking a reaction, and in my opinion as a Christian myself that's morally reprehensible. Of course, the extremists who murdered innocents should be punished to the full extent of the law.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
America, when does a message of hate, ignorance and intolerance become freedom of speech?

It is time that the good people of your nation stood up and said enough is enough. Freedom of speech is nothing but a veil that cowards hide behind to commit terrible acts and get away with it. You gotta have some sort of boundaries.

How much were you paid to post this? You're obviously not an American nor do you care about the God given freedoms that every person, no matter which country, should share on our earth. You sir, along with anyone else that would restrict freedom of speech, regardless of their intentions, are traitors to our species.

This is what happens when everyone has to be politically correct. It goes to this much of an extreme as to restrict what people can and cant say by LAW.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If I was to burn a dictionary, would it cause such uproar ? No
I I was to burn a Chilton, would all the mechanics rise and kill ? No !
It a copy of all religious books was to be burned during an Atheist ceremony, would all other religions in the world get together and fight for the right to keep those same books? No

So why is it so special when it is the Q' ran ? It is the right of any free American to do as he or she pleases with a book as long as it is withing the law and last time I checked, burning your own book was still legal!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardbeatAcolyte
Yes, the pastor was exercising freedom of speech, but he was an absolute idiot for being so insensitive and deliberately inflaming tensions. He did what he did with the intention of getting an audience and provoking a reaction, and in my opinion as a Christian myself that's morally reprehensible. Of course, the extremists who murdered innocents should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Yeah the pastor acted 'unwisely', but again it looks to me like an intentional act to foster national public debate on 'free speech' (of wich it seems to be working) designed IMO to reach a conclusion of LIMITING speech. Let's not forget that lately there have been all sorts of totalitarian interests trying to find an end run around the 1st amend and shut down their critics and those that dare point out their lies.

We have presidents and other so called 'leaders' that stand up and lie and incite hatred against other nations in order to get people to turn a blind eye to killing their innocents for oil and bases and as a way to take them over by financial means. Perhaps we should hold 'leaders' accountable and to the same standard.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

He is putting Muhammad on trial next. I hope his internet provider cancels his subscription. I wonder If Muhammad will be there to defend his self? This guy is no Pastor of Christianity he's a Politician

You support the Arab revolution? That is really great. I may too. What is their agenda? Prior to it in Egypt their people were alot more free than they are now. Did you hear about the virginity checks on the women?

A christian church was burnt down and Christians are being killed simple because their Christian. Their leader was no saint but it seems the change they were seeking may be a bit different than they hoped.

So far it seems to have lined up people to Govern these countries that want to kill all non believers. The Youth that started this change in Egypt so far are finding out they have been used and are now being tossed aside or locked up.

I support it as well provided the Youth accomplishes their goals however it's now Illegal in Egypt to even have a sit in. They are being killed if they don't close their liquor stores and coffee shops (internet access). Both of they're "safe candidates" first statements are about declaring war on Israel. A country I have no particular soft spot for. But WTF?
edit on 4/5/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I think it is funny how burning nothing but a physical book causes bunch os savages across the world to riot and kill eachother. What, like 20+ dead because of this?

Any advanced and civilized society or belief system wouldn't worry about some white moron on the other side of the world burning a book with nothing but words printed I it. He can burn the book, but if your a reasonable believer you understand he can't burn the message the book tells, and turning the other cheek elevates you above his immature barbarism. But the ignorance of the islamic world plays right into his hands. Sad.

And where was the christian uprising when the US military burned the bible in an attempt to show some local savages that we didn't aim to conquer but to set free. Not a mention about that.

If you ask me, this I'd just another good example of the ignorance of religion.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
One thing is clear - if the pastor wanted to portrait muslims in negative light, he certainly achieved this. Paradoxly, not because of burning the Quran, but because of the reaction of the extremists. So much for the "religion of peace".

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
So much for the "religion of peace".

Blaming the religion is as bad as blaming the pastor, IMO. It's not a religion that killed innocent people, it's a few extremists who have hijacked a religion. If you're going to blame Islam for these killings, then we must blame Christianity for Fred Phelps.

So much for the "religion of love"...

Burning the Quran is free speech and should be protected as such, IMO. That doesn't mean it's smart or that it adds anything good to the world. It doesn't. In fact, I think it tears at the fabric of goodwill in the world. If that is the pastor's intent, then he succeeded... But tell me, what kind of "man of God" is a pastor who wishes to destroy the good will in the world? What kind of "Christian" is that? Not one that I would want representing my religion.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The point you made here is extremely important. Remembering that just because something is lawful does not automaticaly make it righteous or just is a key factor in this situation. Also I appreciate your comments about this pastors attitude. I would agree with your assesment, and as a Christian it does appall me that people who have so little regard for the word of the Bible regarding dealing with others, can actualy attain the position of pastor in the first place.
You can bet the fellow would have fit right in during the Salem witch trials. Just the right calibre of complete moronism to have been signing the warrants and lighting the pyres himself.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Christians burning books and muslims chopping infidels heads off – ahhhh give me that old time religion

By the way, does anybody know if there is an “Everybody Draw Mohammed Day” this year?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I don't know, but apparently Christian churches across the country are organizing a molest a child day, it's a week after bomb an abortion clinic day and just before protest a military funeral day.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

You're right, it's alarming. I support the revolutions as far as they represent the will of the people, but sadly there are those who would rise to power to oppress others again
I certainly hope things turn out for the best, but it could go either way, and things in Egypt don't look too good.

Are they really talking about declaring war on Israel? I don't really like Israel either, but it'd be bloody for all involved, especially when other nations get involved

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join