It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qur'an burning free speech in America?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

I guess I am dense. I'm also Irish. That's great then you must have endless links of these murders. May I see one. I said I wasn't aware of groups of Christians murdering people for their religious beliefs. I didn't say it wasn't happening. Only that I would like to be enlighten. If you have one with a beheading that would be even more perfect to satisfy my curiosity on current Christian Nut Job groups.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I couldn't have said that better myself. I think the people that are getting their own religions highjacked and twisted by these azz clowns so they can fill their personal political agendas should beat the sense into these nut jobs.
edit on 4/6/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

rt.com

The incident has pushed many to question just how far free speech goes in America. If what you say or do causes the death of others, are you free to say or do it? Issues surrounding the US First amendment are becoming more debated. Some feel, the principle trumps the outcome, while others contend free speech must be limited.
(visit the link for the full news article)

"...others contend free speech must be limited"

Well, others are wrong!

Free speach will either be supported or it will not exist anymore. To deny this is to deny the obvious. Many Americans are so willing to kill every freedom we have everytime the media presents some uncomfortable situation.

Radical muslims kill and behead each other all the time. Radical muslims abuse and kill their own women and children all the time. Radical muslims hate personal freedoms for their own people all the time. If radical muslims do these horrendous acts to each other one should expect they will do it to all "infidels" AND all those non-radical muslims who dare speak out against their death based antics.

The fact that someone burnt a book somewhere is just a trigger to provide a reason to do what radical muslims do to each other except towards others outside their own community. Radical muslims are the real "religious nut jobs" Non radical muslims are cowards who will not speak out against the radical muslims for fear for their own lives.

edit on 6-4-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I just seen a news video clip on BBC news, which shows a white man who has converted to Islam , and he talks about some practices of islam , in particular , using your left hand to wipe your ass and your right hand the clean hand to do everything else.
In the clip he states that he would only use his left hand the ass wiping hand to shake hands with any non muslims and the clean hand his right hand for muslims .
Even his own brother who is non muslim got the dirty hand !

Now that is pretty arrogant , just because of your faith makes you think you are better than someone so they deserve an unclean hand !

Religion PFFFFFFFFFT , its ridiculous, I never knew that muslims practiced this sort of crazy belief.
In future any muslim who shakes hands with me will do so using their right hand or they wont be shaking my hand at all. Being taught by religion to make you believe you are better than others because of your faith is blind arrogance

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

rt.com

The incident has pushed many to question just how far free speech goes in America. If what you say or do causes the death of others, are you free to say or do it? Issues surrounding the US First amendment are becoming more debated. Some feel, the principle trumps the outcome, while others contend free speech must be limited.

We have freedoms until those freedoms put other people at stake.

For example, lets say the KKK holds a rally, thats perfectly fine and legal, but people get mad and fights break out, the KKK has to disband the rally and go elsewhere.

Regardless, the pastor pisses me off to no end...How would he feel if someone burned the Bible, in which he holds so dear? I wouldn't burn the Qur'an, I actually respect other people and their religions.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
In the UK we have a law that makes it a crime to incite racial (or religious) hatred. America should look at implementing something like that.

Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006

In this Part "religious hatred" means hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to religious belief or lack of religious belief

A person who uses threatening words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, is guilty of an offence if he intends thereby to stir up religious hatred

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Yeh I respect other people , but I dont respect any religion at all its the biggest fraud ever !
If other people say to me they believe in a religion im like great good for you , I hope your happy .
That is the end of the conversation I wont go out of my way to try and convince them that religion is bad ,
they have already made their choice.

However when someone who has religious beliefs starts imposing them on others who dont share those beliefs and when it starts to infringe upon others rights and freedoms , then I will have something to say.

America was founded on the system that allows people to have religious freedom and to worship anyone or no one as they see fit. As soon as any religion or non religious group starts measures to take control and abuse or limit others freedoms through direct or indirect action , then these people or groups should be considered enemies of the country they are part of.

Despite the fact that america was founded this way , each president always says god bless america !
that is crazy

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

An Act of parliament is not "LAW" , although the government would have you believe it is.
corpus dilecti , the act of the crime and the injury loss or harm to someone or their rights!
As far as I am aware it is not unlawful to speak ill of another persons religion , whether this incites religious hatred or not , this would contravene freedom of speech

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

You know, I am a believer. I must say though that you are absolutely correct. If you have chosen to not believe, that is your right and I will respect your God given right to choose. I try to live my life as a good example and let God do the work in the lives of those I come into contact with. Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Look, free speech is fine, but you have to also understand that people have the right to get mad at what you say...or do. It's just life.

If you set out to wind someone up, don't whine when they take a pop at you.

As for the people that attacked the UN mission, tbf they'd have done it anyway, it was just a bonus that they could say it was in revenge.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm a muslim and believe that this man has a right to do as he pleases, it doesnt offend me at all

Like others in this post have said, it's only pages with ink because he has no understanding of it.
Any muslim that burns a bible or the jewish book cannot consider himself a muslim
TRUE muslims have tolerance towards others and respect all religions and oppinions.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

An Act of parliament is not "LAW" , although the government would have you believe it is.
corpus dilecti , the act of the crime and the injury loss or harm to someone or their rights!
As far as I am aware it is not unlawful to speak ill of another persons religion , whether this incites religious hatred or not , this would contravene freedom of speech

Really, why is that? You can still get arrested for breaking it.

British Teen Arrested For Burning Koran, 'Inciting Religious Hatred'

6 Tyneside Men Arrested After Burning Koran
edit on 6/4/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

rt.com

Stop and think for a moment. I'm surprised a few others haven't yet considered this.

We are living in a time where some in the so called U,S, (and world) 'leadership' have strongly voiced their desire to more fully take control of the net and of the ability of citizens to criticize their attempted power grabs. WE see and hear this every day as to how these totalitarian types want to do away with the huge amount of info sharing and open dialogue between citizens who are quickly leaving the controlled press and it's disinfo and propaganda and moving to the more open and 'alternative' press where they have more of a real voice and ability to do an end run around the Operation Mockingbird type of smoke and mirror 'news' and being told what to think or not.

Knowing the tactics and methods of these fascist dictator types, why have so few ever considered the idea that the 'pastor' may simply be a tool (willing or unwilling) to try and find a way to futher undermine the 1sr amend. and attempt to further squelch this info and opinion sharing. Read the memes placed in the news article clip:

"The incident has pushed many to question just how far free speech goes in America" (purpose???)

"If what you say or do causes the death of others, are you free to say or do it? (Where have we heard this echoed so often lately? Assange? Others???)

"Issues surrounding the US First amendment are becoming more debated." (purpose, get the debate/problem started, get some people demanding a 'reaction', step in with the preplanned 'solution'???)

"Some feel, the principle trumps the outcome, while others contend free speech must be limited" (set up the 'debate' parameters/ Hegelian dialectic, arrive at a predetermined 'syntheis' to further weaken the 1st amendment???)

I've seen this used over and over and over in the kept press, where a manufactured event was used to get the meme out there in the public eye in order to try and push the herd in a predetermined direction.

Be careful. Never forget the Bill of Rights is ONE of the things that sets America apart from the rest of the world and the 'Globalist' minded totalitarians who see America as a last butress of sorts against their masssive 'One world' power grabbing with them set up as dictators over it all would love to see what remains of the Bill swept into the dust bin of history along with a (relatively) 'free' Republic. Don't fall for it!

edit on 6-4-2011 by Tecumte because: spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
its just a book all men we all die the same!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Im not being funny here, but America is the very centre of Globalism, because it is a capitalist mecca. The only reason globalism is desired by the elite is that it would open more nations up to be bought and sold like tokens on a game board.
America is already for sale, already capitalist. It is the money followers adgenda that seeks one world and one governance, and no one else.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
everyone keeps saying we can help this planet but we know we cant its stupid native americans respected everything and it was destroyed!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Funny, alot of the posters on here upset with a Pastor buning the Quaran, are the same ones applauding Wikileaks and Rolling Stone for doing basically the sam damn thing by putting our troops in harms way due to thier actions.........the luncay double standard continues here

I am not one of those same ones.

All three should be at the very least sued.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Ummmm.........I've read through these postings.......For the most part they left me...unclean....awash in a sea of ignorance...adrift in a surreal realm, filled with the frenzied thrashing of the absurd........occaisionaly a small beam shone through, a feeble brilliance...only to be swallowed...inundated...by the persistant, gumming of the moronic...
I feel the need to bathe, to sluice away this foul residue, this agonizing film....before it could seep in, through pore and cell.

Conclusion, bloomed.....a rare lotus....Discernment, spoke....Leave, it begged me...flee, flee...be shed this pale mockery........you have fallen, amongst.....the herd..

Most here have claimed that....incite....is no part of...insight...that responsability, belongs to illustration and not to the observer
Most here, would protest that feelings and insult and perception, would trump intelligence, and reason.......
Most here, would parrot, that none have....choice....or decision........
Most here, would wail, that....insolence.....forces......reaction, that it...compells another to lop off heads for a percieved slight and that slight weighs more than....murder

To shower I go, for I have surely trod amongst the herd and waded through their..........effluvia...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
everyone keeps posting its only a belief
we are all in this planet together we all live as one we all breath as one! no one listens they all wanna hear about disaster thats it. they all wanna see the end of the world OMG! thats its everyone wants to see the end but they cant accept there selfs
edit on 6-4-2011 by konartis001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join