It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Now is the Spring of our discontent"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
“What we’ve got in the House of Commons is a political class” remarked the fiery politician Nigel Farage, showing his disgust with the present state of British politics. This interpretation of modern British government is increasing throughout the nation, we seen it with the protests in London which swelled to some half a million people just last month. The British are upset and rightfully so.

With forty-three percent of the British public opposed to the British intervention in Libya which is now calling for more spending and more Tornado jets they are forced to ask themselves, “Are we even being represented?” A harsh austerity imposed by an increasingly unpopular coalition government which has taken to crippling the working and lower classes to ease their way out of a state manufactured debt crisis, a harsh popular reaction is not too far in the distant future I would presume.

A Prime Minister seen as far too “posh” and out of touch with the reality and sympathies of the British working class, a politician who ran a center-left campaign now fighting alongside one of the most fiscally conservative governments in modern British history, the lacking of any real alternative, and a new unpopular war are all part of the realities in today’s Britain.

By a vote of five-hundred fifty-seven to thirteen the government dragged their nation into a third Middle Eastern front in just one decade. Meanwhile students must pay more for tuition, state workers are being laid off en masse, public systems are being privatized, and the people are being squeezed so the government can protect themselves.

So I say, “Now is the Winter Spring of our discontent”. What say you, my British friends, how will you respond to your present situation. Shall you lie back and allow them to treat you as their servants, the piggy bank of their posh lifestyle from which they may pluck their next pound to pay for another missile while your fellow compatriots sleep sick, hungry, and cold on the streets of your nation? Or will you rise up, rise up against those who oppress you, rise up against those who rebuke you, rise up against those who ignore you, rise up against those who abuse you, rise up against those who betray you, and rise up for the glory of your Kingdom?

The decision lies in your hands and your hands alone.

Link

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
ha i never expected to see that on RT.

But it is something i wholeheartedly agree with.

I am just at a loss as what to do about it tbh. If i had the resources id probably blow up parlaiment haha

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I would like to see some huge, massive protest, with as many men women and children marching in one true voice "Be Gone !"

I have no idea why the Tories are in power again, let alone the Lib Dems, everybody I ever encounter who declares that they vote, says they didn't vote for them, so either I know a lot of liars, or something doesn't add up.

Being quite cynical, I really think it is parliment who have wished this Royal wedding into exsistence, so as to "bolster the people", of course for me personally this doesn't work, I just think, it is happening to distract the sheeple from their austerity ridden hell.

And don't even get me started on my Census, can anyone tell me why they felt the need to know my employer's name, and moreover their address ! I wrote on the form "Disclosed under protest".

We Brits need to wake up, and stop being quite so Brittish, lets complain for once

Ok off my soapbox now

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The problem we have at the moment is no credible opposition, like Farage states in that clip all the political front benches go to the same schools and universities where they are groomed to become either leader of labour of the conservatives. There are few "real" people on the front benches nowadays, Alan Johnson was one of the last, only to be forced out, a former postman and union man. Now we have Ed Milliband leading the Labour party who has as much chance of winning the next election as I have.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I've just seen this on RT it was pretty much spot on.

Our current "coalition" (like governments before it) is nothing but a party dictatorship doing as they please, the Liberal Democrats are unrecognisable from the party who ran for election as they have done on a complete 180 on most of their policies just so they could be in power, they are now nothing but stooges to the Conservative majority.

Western democracy has nothing to do with "we the people" anymore, it's dictators posing as democrats and stepping down every 4yrs to fool the people, elections are a choice of which party dictatorship you want to live under.
edit on 5-4-2011 by mc1km because: correction

top topics

join