It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic ambassadors criticize Norweigian party about ban Islam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ambassadors criticize Progress Party leader

The ambassadors to Norway from Pakistan, Indonesia, Egypt and Marocco and the charge d'affaires from Tunisia has criticized Progress Party leader Carl I.Hagen for his attack on the Muslim faith in a speech last week.

-Hagen has insulted 1.3 billion Muslims, and offended the principles of tolerance and freedom on which the Norwegian society is built, the diplomats write in a letter to Aftenposten.

-We expect that our rights to practice Islam will be respected by those who do not share our faith, and that we do not have to meet the ugly threat of religious intolerance from any quarter, the letter states.

It is very unusual for foreign diplomats to comment on Norwegian domestic affairs.

The rest of article here

This is a reply for his remark about ban Islam last week. I have post the last week article in this post

Note: The kid holds Qu'ran (Islam Bible) in other hand.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

-We expect that our rights to practice Islam will be respected by those who do not share our faith, and that we do not have to meet the ugly threat of religious intolerance from any quarter, the letter states.

Their opinions would carry more weight if their governments made half an effort to protect religious minorities in their countries.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
hey salam why do you hate islam and the middle east so much? This is what the 2nd post by you on this topic and i have seen more all containing pictures on how bad the middle east is. It portrays you as hating islam, why do you agree the koran should be outlawed?

Why do you hate islam, do you fear the people? It would seem so.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by zi2525]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525
why do you hate islam and the middle east so much? It portrays you as hating islam, why do you agree the koran should be outlawed?

Why do you hate islam, do you fear the people? It would seem so.

I do hate Islam as I hated communism. I had experience with both. But love is a driving force for me to expose the hidden agenda of Islam. I love humankind and respect freedom of everybody. Islam doesn't. We appeased Nazi and had seen what happen with Europe and the Jews. Islam had much experience than Nazi and it was found by genious warlord. Islam give peace to the world only everybody succumb under their term. Islam ate Western piece by piece over time. Now they request for veil in France, next time will polygamy and Sharia law. Ontario, Canada was playing with Sharia Law in the name of political correctness and appeasement.

For anyone didn't have much knoledge about Islam. Read the Qur'an and their Sharia Law now. Be cautious and critical is all you need.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think they have the right to criticize the norwegian politician, so much as the politician had the right to criticize Islam.

But one thing is criticize a religion, ban a religion is a much more serious thing. If you ban a religion you are saying that the followers of that religion had lost a right that evey human being has, that is the freedom to choose in what they believe.

to Salam:
I think that the picture that you put in you post was proven to be from another day and not the day of the terrorist attacks in the USA.

Also, if you say in your signature that a picture is worth a thousand words, try to find a picture that you can show to anyone and all say that the meaning of the picture is "A Picture is worth a Thousand Words"

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Also, if you say in your signature that a picture is worth a thousand words, try to find a picture that you can show to anyone and all say that the meaning of the picture is "A Picture is worth a Thousand Words"

Maybe I change to I Don't Take Crap

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Id have to agree about the comment about other countries criticizing Norway.

After all, the Muslim nations of the world have no room to talk as far as religous tolerance. For example, In saudi Arabia, even foreigners were forbidden from wearing religous symbols not islamic. In the past, Muslim coutnries have out a tax on people not of Islamic faith.

So tolerance goes both ways.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
islam is violent, according to the koran, muslims who dont support violent extremists are not true muslims, read it yourselves before claiming either way.

V.138: Those who believe, then disbelieve, then again believe, then disbelieve and then increase in disbelief, Allah will never forgive them nor will He guide them to the right way.

IV.89: They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

IX. 5-6: Kill those who join other gods with God wherever you may find them.

VIII.39-42: Say to the Infidels: if they desist from their unbelief, what is now past shall be forgiven; but if they return to it, they have already before them the doom of the ancients! Fight then against them till strife be at an end, and the religion be all of it God's.

4.56: (As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

5.51: O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

9.29: Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

8.12: When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

47.4: So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as a favor or let them ransom (themselves) until the war terminates. That (shall be so); and if Allah had pleased He would certainly have exacted what is due from them, but that He may try some of you by means of others; and (as for) those who are slain in the way of Allah, He will by no means allow their deeds to perish.

and many more in the koran.

www.flex.com...

read the koran and tell me its tolerant and non-violent after that.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So Islamic countries aren't religiously tolerant so Norway can be as well? Didn't their PMs mother teach him that two wrongs don't make a right?

And as for Islam being a "violent" religion go chack out the Old Testament. It's not exactly all hugs and kisses in that book.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_ElfAfter all, the Muslim nations of the world have no room to talk as far as religous tolerance. For example, In saudi Arabia, even foreigners were forbidden from wearing religous symbols not islamic. In the past, Muslim coutnries have out a tax on people not of Islamic faith.

So tolerance goes both ways.

the tax you mention is required by islam, it says to do that in the koran, how is not wanting violence being intolerant? last i looked that country doesnt allow hate speech or any such thing that promotes violence, islam is violent, promotes violence, anti-semitism and is no different than neo-nazi's in europe who promote the same things, they are trying to stop intolerance and they arent contradicting anything if they did ban islam

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

two wrongs don't make a right?

You're contradicting yourself. Why do you compare the Islam violent with the violence in Old Testasment ? Both are wrong. Many people don't give a da*m about Qur'an and Bible, they just care about current situation. And they're correct of linking Islam and the trouble. Those Muslim folks didn't want to grown up for 1400 years. How long could we wait ?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Biggie christians dont go by the old testament, because of jesus this is so, jesus didnt slaughter or pillage innocents, he didnt promote violence towards non believers, try understanding religions before making uninformed replies about them as you just did.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by salam

two wrongs don't make a right?

You're contradicting yourself. Why do you compare the Islam violent with the violence in Old Testasment ? Both are wrong. Many people don't give a da*m about Qur'an and Bible, they just care about current situation. And they're correct of linking Islam and the trouble. Those Muslim folks didn't want to grown up for 1400 years. How long could we wait ?

I personally believe that Islam isn't a "mature" religion meaning that it hasn't undergone a reformation of some kind. My point was that just because the book on which the religion is based contains violence doesn't mean the religion itself has to be violent.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
Biggie christians dont go by the old testament, because of jesus this is so, jesus didnt slaughter or pillage innocents, he didnt promote violence towards non believers, try understanding religions before making uninformed replies about them as you just did.

I wasn't talking about Christians, I was talking about Jews. I should have said "The Hebrew Bible" instead of "The Old Testament".

[edit on 25-7-2004 by Biggie]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
ah, ok, my mistake, but much of the koran came from the torah, just like the bible also.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
ah, ok, my mistake, but much of the koran came from the torah, just like the bible also.

Yep. As I said above, the Torah is by all means a pretty violent book but two (relatively) peaceful religions have come out of it. It seems that it is taking Islam an awful long time to break out of it's violent phase, but I highly doubt that banning the religion will help matters in that regard.

Besides, the only reason I could see for banning Islam is that one thinks that ALL muslims are violent, which is clearly not the case. Why punish peaceful people for what other morons do in the name of their shared religion?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There are a couple verisons of the koran (forget there names) i have read some in arabic and some in english, i have not read any of the passages you have written but dont forget the koran was written at a time whe all three religons where at war with each other. Its hard to take things written that long ago and use them now.

I am a muslim and it is offensive for you to say islam it a violent religon, becouse its not, some people may use it as one but that happens with any religon.

Personally though if they ban islam in America i will still follow it, go ahead and jail me im proud of my religon, not to mention islam is one of the fast growing religons, many black people in the united states follow islam now.

Im not a violent person, non of my muslim family is. Should i hate all germans becosueof hitler? Or all white southern (or small town) americans becouse of the KKK. No.

I also say its dumb to say "but you cant tell the extremists from the non extremists" well thats with every thing, most extremists do this type of thing (in america) at night when they wont be bugged by authorities ect.

I just feel its sad that you hate me and my family do to there religon, that is a very racist way of looking at it. You also kind of sound like an extremist, you hate every thing islam and it should be banned, sounds pretty extrem to me.

I dont think religons are evil, i think people are.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by zi2525]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hi zi2525,
I've sympathy with you. You're only 15 year old, I have double your age. I had experience my extra 15 years with communism and Islam, and I just woke up recently. You still have time to do so. Just mark my opinion for future reference. And don't take pride on anything, pride is a sister of arrogant. Knowledge will set you free.

Don't fool yourself and other about the true face of Islam. When is the last time you see some nonsense in Islam ? Did you feel boiled in your blood when someone tell you that Muhammed was a rapist, a pedophile (had sex with a child), an assassin, a mass murderer, a looter ... ? If yes, please go to faithfreedom.org . They insulted your religion in every possible way. Please do to your faith a great service, take them down. Go there and prove Islam is the best religion. They promised to take the side down and apology to Muslim if they are proven wrong. This chalenge goes to everyone against my view in this threat also. Don't hide in the closet, close your ear and shout "Alla is great". It's doesn't change anything.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If you are going to ban and lash Islam, you may aswell follow suite with the other 12000 plus doctrines on this planet, none are safe. Men/women are not inherently evil, but some do tend to manipulate power to suite thier own needs. Religion has been one outlet for them to use and proved to me the most powerfull. The same power can be used for good, why can't we understand this?

Carl I.Hagen may simply be judging the entire Islamic society based in light of recent events and simply taking verses out of context ( take note " namehere " )...

Its not the meek or the powerfull who shall inherit this planet, its those who cooperate.

Deep

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by salam
Hi zi2525,
I've sympathy with you. You're only 15 year old, I have double your age. I had experience my extra 15 years with communism and Islam, and I just woke up recently. You still have time to do so. Just mark my opinion for future reference. And don't take pride on anything, pride is a sister of arrogant. Knowledge will set you free.

Don't fool yourself and other about the true face of Islam. When is the last time you see some nonsense in Islam ? Did you feel boiled in your blood when someone tell you that Muhammed was a rapist, a pedophile (had sex with a child), an assassin, a mass murderer, a looter ... ? If yes, please go to faithfreedom.org . They insulted your religion in every possible way. Please do to your faith a great service, take them down. Go there and prove Islam is the best religion. They promised to take the side down and apology to Muslim if they are proven wrong. This chalenge goes to everyone against my view in this threat also. Don't hide in the closet, close your ear and shout "Alla is great". It's doesn't change anything.

I have been to iran 4 times now (3 for 2 weeks and once for a month) and apart from a couple public hangings i have yet to witness any of that, i will grant you that cutting your head i freaking nuts so is wiping your self with a barbed chain but you cant say this religon is wrong, for all you know it could be right and for all i know it could be wrong. The only other thing i have seen was my cousin beat worse than the woman *hes a male) for drinking. These pictures are few and i grant you there are some fanatics they are also some of the worst in the world. The majority of muslims and iranians i know and have seen have nothing to dow with this type of thing, i guess i will look around for it when i go back in october.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join