It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Lantern Wondercon Footage Has Me Excited For This Film!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

This is now the film that I am most interested in for this summer. The first trailer looked terrible, but this looks beautiful. It gave me chills! The scene of him flying right past the astronauts, the scene on Oa with millions of other Green Lantern aliens and the diversity in their appearances. I really hope this is as great as it looks!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
the green lantern is a character based on Osiris......isnt it supposed to be a blackman?

that said..im excited as well...

look out for the "lord of the djed" & "ressurection" undertones in the story line...
edit on 5-4-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That looks freaking amazing!!! a lot better than I imagined.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I was so worried about this. and i saw the Entertainment weekly cover and got pissed, but this, this looks sooooo good. I'm kinda like wow they really went with hal jordan in todays world but ryan is a decent choice. hopefully this will be like spiderman and actually be a decent movie that doesn't do complete justice but comic lovers can watch it and not feel like a sell out. thor still looks terrible though...NO trailer can save that i think. thanks for posting this

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i was hoping for this movie to be different from what i have seen in the trailers...i mean at least not so cartoonish

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I am very excited to see this film. Love me a good superhero sci-fi flick. Plus I've been reading the comics for a while now. I really hope to see DC get on Marvel's level when it comes to film. Don't get me wrong, I love both companies but I just want to see all of the DC superheroes on the big screen and done right!

edit on 5-4-2011 by DocWicked because: typo/bad grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Worthy of a movie.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I am also very excited to watch this movie
because I have been waiting for this movie to
release.At last!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the post!! I had no idea this movie was being made so it's a nice surprise to see this trailer.

I think providing the story is not lost amongst the FX it looks like it could be worth a watch!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Eh if it bombs they'll just reboot it.

Hell if it's successful it's still be rebooted!

Spiderman is being rebooted, Superman is being rebooted, even Batman is being rebooted....again....

Not liking this flipancy...I'd rather they take 10 years to make a movie right than to do it over and over again.

Second problem is over complicating things, trying to do too much in a single movie.

I'm hoping green lantern doesn't become another Spiderman 3 or X Men 3.

But apart from all that, it looks awesome!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This film looks pretty amazing
I can't wait for it..
Also the avengers should be good.. now if i could only find where i parked my time machine...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The script features cameos from Guy Gardner and Clark Kent as two other candidates for Abin Sur's power ring. I'm not sure that it will end up in the movie or not. DC is wanting to move forward with a Justice League movie so they might start doing crossovers similar to Marvel. Christopher Nolan has stated that his Batman trilogy will not feature any cameos.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I think the problem there is the idea to CGI in uniforms and costumes...

WHY??? Seems to be a silly mistake that will end up hurting the film.

Some genius deciding to save money on costuming no doubt...but as you said, we just aren't there yet to not make it look cartoony....and that's exactly how it looks.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I kinda dig the CG suit. I don't like the boots for it though.

cdn.superherohype.com...

I hope this movie does well because GL is one of the best super heroes as far as story lines and such and it's about time they're making a real movie about him! hehe

new topics

top topics

join