It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in Iraq before the US Invasion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
everyone is smiling when the camera appears...wonderful!

to bad this changed dramatically some years ago

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Let's face it......islam is a form of government that includes what your religious beliefs will be, politically correct symantics don't change that fact. Iraq is no different than any other country over there.....as a result of this form of GOVERNMENT being forced upon it's people, and at what cost to them? Call it what ya want, but the islamic apologists on here are truely getting sickening. and for the idiots that keep spouting off about stealing their oil being the reason for the invasion........where the hell is the oil? Ah well, supplicate yourself to allah and cower in the direction of mecca now while you can, because in the real world, if something isn't done about it now, you'l be forced to in the future.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Let's face it......islam is a form of government that includes what your religious beliefs will be, politically correct symantics don't change that fact. Iraq is no different than any other country over there.....as a result of this form of GOVERNMENT being forced upon it's people, and at what cost to them? Call it what ya want, but the islamic apologists on here are truely getting sickening. and for the idiots that keep spouting off about stealing their oil being the reason for the invasion........where the hell is the oil? Ah well, supplicate yourself to allah and cower in the direction of mecca now while you can, because in the real world, if something isn't done about it now, you'l be forced to in the future.

I think you're a bit misinformed about Saddam Hussein. The western governments supported him for decades specifically because he was NOT Islamic. In fact, Iraq was one of the few secular states in the middle east.

Yes, he used an iron fist to keep the religious factions in tow, but it never bothered our governments before.

However, the invasion has left a political vacuum that is very likely to be filled by the exact extremists our governments were worried about in the first place... not sure this thing was thought through to the end.

Oh, well, as long as the stock for Haliburton and friends has gone up, I guess we can call this "mission accomplished".

the Billmeister
edit on 5-4-2011 by Billmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
This is too true:
Link

I recall back in the 1990's speeches by both clinton and al gore about the threat saddam posed. You would think war was imminent. Al Gore was raging about it. Then when Bush became president they switched sides. An unbelievable transition for clinton and al gore. Suddenly they became skeptical and called for pragmatism. The reality is they're political hackers and don't ever miss an opportunity to score some points. It looks like Al Gore has put on the pounds too.

Have a look:
Al Gore: No Doubt Saddam's Weapons Are Grave Threat

Oh, here's another (there're lots):
Democrats on Iraq's WMD

"And someday, someway, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal." - Clinton.
edit on 5-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

The reason Clinton and Gore opposed the war is because they were on the opposite side of the fence, and the way are political system is set up is so that the the left and the right never agree on anything even if it is just for show. This is to confuse the American people and and keep them devided so they have no choice but to have "faith" in their ignorant leaders.

Oh and if the far right was in power instead of the Obama left during the present Libya crisis. The right would be all for the war and the left would be against it. Regardless of the stance you see the right have in the media today which is that the conflict is not justifiable.

When it comes to the was the war justified issue. No war is really justifiable. Our philosophers and politicians just argue the morals and again nothing really get accomplished. Civilian deaths are unacceptable and Hussein really did butcher his people as do all the other dictators and tyrants today. But when we go into a country to help people it is like someone telling us "Go take apart that lego house" and instead of carefully taking the pieces apart, we get a big freaking hammer and starting smashing away. If we want to justify going into another county to free the people we need to stop using the insanly destructive tactics which we employ.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
all of you here who think you Liberated Iraq....just listen to what the soldier's on the ground think about that..

edit on 5-4-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Before we invaded these countries, no one was talking about the ME or the islamic religion invading us. Bunch of scare tactics you have fallen for, hook, line and sinker! Get a backbone and a heart.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Nope instead we let them quietly build to the point they are now, better to lance and infection quick rather than to let it spread. Plenty of backbone here, and don't talk to me about having a heart when it comes to these animals.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I'm sure they played Guitar and Drums in Rwanda during the 90's too.

US led NATO forces invaded Iraq. In 50 years, they'll thank us.

/thread

Saddam could of been removed via political means .

The destruction the war has brought to these lands are something to worry about .

The end may justify the means, but for Iraqis , the 'means' were much more meaner then expected , if you catch my drift .

But of course the USSR was on it's way out and the military-industry needed another ' enemy ' .

Enter the so called ' Green Threat ' .

Rest are just details , unfortunately .

Westerners were condition to fear commies and Russians once .

Same people by and large are fearfull of muslims nowadays .

Go figure .

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I hope people can see that the "crazy talibans" were really just the minority. Just to let people know. It says in the description that this was filmed two weeks prior to the "Shock and Awe" bombing campaign.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

Taliban in Iraq?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
We should not judge the legitimacy of the war on whether or not a few soldiers met people there that were happy for their 'liberation.'

What about the ones that weren't?

We shouldn't justify the war because of the atrocities Saddam committed a decade prior, because that was not the reason the West went into Iraq.

The only thing people can say about the war is that congress was lied to and a large group of people were tricked into fighting a battle that shouldn't have happened.
edit on 5-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

really? on this site of all sites you are going to defend congress by saying they were innocent and just completely fooled into going into Iraq? that they had NO idea what was going on? that in all their committees, in all their briefings, with all their cronies and stool pigeons they were caught completely unaware.,?

if that is true we have a whole new reason to fire them. they are just complete and utter idiots.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Nope instead we let them quietly build to the point they are now, better to lance and infection quick rather than to let it spread. Plenty of backbone here, and don't talk to me about having a heart when it comes to these animals.

See my previous comment. Hook line sinker and heart

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yea... The terrorists! The big bad terrorists!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
The people who came to me with tears in their eyes hugging and thanking me for getting rid of that tyrant is all the information I need to know that they wanted our help.

Until you experiance that yourself you won't understand.

Oh so you claim your a US Solider who was there during the Iraq TV fake freedom liberation campaign?

The people who came to me with tears in their eyes hugging and thanking me for getting rid of that tyrant is all the information I need to know that they wanted our help.

Iraq now is a like a prison thanks to you and american collation forces, i am sure they hugged and kissed you

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by Jepic

I am a medic.

I have helped saved lives of countless Iraqi citizens who were victims of a car bomb. I have also helped saved the lives of insurgents who was trying to kill me. One guy had a gsw to the chest and was still trying to get his hands around my neck as I was trying my hardest to patch him up.

My causing misery has no bounds.

You know who you are helping? the american government tyrant, american government only cares for oil and money, control.

Nice little fake story, i am not buying any stories from a war monger, whose a strong supporter of his government actions on iraq

edit on 16-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tonosama

really? on this site of all sites you are going to defend congress by saying they were innocent and just completely fooled into going into Iraq? that they had NO idea what was going on? that in all their committees, in all their briefings, with all their cronies and stool pigeons they were caught completely unaware.,?

if that is true we have a whole new reason to fire them. they are just complete and utter idiots.

Sorry, you raise a very valid point. Yes, officially congress was lied to. That is more a condemnation of the administration than anything. That is official "proof" so to speak.

As far as congress being aware, I completely understand where you are coming from.

Hope that clears it up.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yea... The terrorists! The big bad terrorists!

Taliban in Iraq

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Taliban in Iraq?

At least not everyone has had their brains fried by MSM sensationalizing of "Taliban" and "al Qaeda" and all the other hot-button words.

The people fighting us in Iraq, are Iraqis.

And for anyone interested in the real Taliban, they should look up how the Pakistani ISI funds the Taliban, and the ISI in turn is supported by the CIA. Very "interesting" stuff, and has been common knowledge for over a decade.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join