It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in Iraq before the US Invasion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
In the following video you'll see how life in Iraq was before the US occupation. A multicultural country. Most people just wanted to do their living. Sure there were bad apples here and there. But isn't there everywhere...

edit on 4-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

I hope people can see that the "crazy talibans" were really just the minority. Just to let people know. It says in the description that this was filmed two weeks prior to the "Shock and Awe" bombing campaign.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
we brought the war to them they were fine

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm sure they played Guitar and Drums in Rwanda during the 90's too.

US led NATO forces invaded Iraq. In 50 years, they'll thank us.

/thread

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Sure they were being gassed to death by their own leader......
Sure they were led into torture/rape rooms for the enjoyment of that leader's sons...
Sure they were allowed to cast their vote freely (amazing how the same guy won every single time...)
But no worries-everything was just hunky-dory before the big bad U.S. stepped in.... (except for those few "bad apples", of course...)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

/thread

Ok, if you say so.

I hope some other country comes and liberates (invade and destroy) our way of life from our growing police state government.

I hope that you're still alive so that you can thank them for us in 50 years.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Like all countries, Iraq has its own problems. But that is no excuse to get involved in other people's business. Take a look at our cities. Rapes, murders, robberies, corruption, etc... Nobody has the right to take away the chance for a country to change things by themselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
not to mention saddam was able to suppress al qaida and other radical islamists. when the US started raining down bombs that's when the real chaos begins

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The people who came to me with tears in their eyes hugging and thanking me for getting rid of that tyrant is all the information I need to know that they wanted our help.

Until you experiance that yourself you won't understand.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

The amount of people you brought misery to is all I need to know. The day you experience misery yourself, maybe you won't be so quick to deliver it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I am a medic.

I have helped saved lives of countless Iraqi citizens who were victims of a car bomb. I have also helped saved the lives of insurgents who was trying to kill me. One guy had a gsw to the chest and was still trying to get his hands around my neck as I was trying my hardest to patch him up.

My causing misery has no bounds.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Where was the Peace, with Saddam? He was no saint. To argue that it was "better" before his ousting is to argue that genocide is acceptable, while casualties of war, is not... Watch and learn.

The series starts getting interesting (If you enjoy Kurdish massacre) around Part 3.

Video part 2-5, here

edit on 5-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
We should not judge the legitimacy of the war on whether or not a few soldiers met people there that were happy for their 'liberation.'

What about the ones that weren't?

We shouldn't justify the war because of the atrocities Saddam committed a decade prior, because that was not the reason the West went into Iraq.

The only thing people can say about the war is that congress was lied to and a large group of people were tricked into fighting a battle that shouldn't have happened.
edit on 5-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I used to support war in Iraq, but now I dont so much. Saddam was a tyrant murdering his own people, and that would be certainly a sufficient cause to take the regime down with foreign invasion, under normal circumstances.

BUT we are speaking about the islamic world here. While Saddam was certainly bad, he mainained order in the country and held more sinister forces at bay - Al-Quaeda and radical islamists. Sometimes you have to choose between two evils. Keeping Saddam in power would be the lesser evil IMHO.

edit on 5/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
How bad has society become when the propaganda makes us argue wether it was better before or after our invasion.

Why not the legitimacy of the invasion itself?

Its not better or worse, its completely different. today’s Iraq is complete dislocated from what Iraq really is deep down.

Saddam wasn’t a prize pig, no doubt. But he kept the place in check. He' was no different to every other tyrant or leader in the middle east, who knows, maybe his rule would be crumbling at the moment like Egypt, Syria, Libya and Yemen.

The US went into Iraq for Corporate enterprise, oil and most importantly weapons testing.

Anyone who actually believes the drivel about democracy, weapons of mass destruction and terrorism really does fail the intelligence test of basic common sense.

If that were indeed the reason we walked face first into a desert country, then why didn’t we hit Saudi? why didn’t we hit Syria? why didn’t we hit Libya?

Before the Iraq war, you could walk around the streets eating ice cream and looking forward to another week at uni or work.

During the war, if you went to uni, you were likely kidnapped and murdered for being an intellectual.

Before the war, if you asked someone if they were Sunni or Shiite you were looked at like you were backwards, uncouth.

After the war, if you asked someone the same question it was likely a death sentence depending on their answer.

Is Iraq better because we walked in, took their natural resources, murdered hundreds of thousands of their children and hung their ruler.... yeah, ok if you say so.

Personally, we totally destroyed IRAQ, and created a desert waste land of tribes, ethnic hatred and a unexploded minefield of new an deadly bombs.

But if your blind patriotism for hamburgers, pop idol, britney spears and gun toting stupidness means you cant think like a human being then you go right ahead and keep telling yourself we did the right thing and made Iraq a better place.

As far as im aware, before the war Americans were able to enter Iraq and visit baghdad.

...... why dont you go there take some photos buy some trinkets and let me know how 'good' youv'e made it ?
edit on 5-4-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

No one is saying Saddam was a saint. But now that you mention genocide. You guys did a pretty good job! 1.000.000 dead. And I wonder how many more unofficial...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

/thread

BS. Don't you Americans and pro-Zionists have a heart. Unlike World War 2 Japan, US plundered Iraq's oil fields, raped and murdered millions of Iraqis.

Those people you see in the videos were either dead or tormented now.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
[BS. Don't you Americans and pro-Zionists have a heart. Unlike World War 2 Japan, US plundered Iraq's oil fields, raped and murdered millions of Iraqis.

Evidence of millions killed in Iraq are baseless. Hundreds of thousands is no better, but it's not into the millions.
I doubt all of them were murderered in cold blood and raped.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The estimate that over a million Iraqis have died received independent confirmation from a prestigious British polling agency in September 2007. Opinion Research Business estimated that 1.2 million Iraqis have been killed violently since the US-led invasion.

Death Toll Website

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Whatever that means...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

You're going to cite Soros' pet study?

edit on 5-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join