It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ORGANIZATIONS: Palestinian Police Station Raided

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Arafat has lost control and it is beginning to look like a free for all in the Gaza strip. Now that Israel has put up a wall these terror thirsty militants have decided to spread terror among their own people. The Palestine people are concerned that the police can't even protect their own police stations.

abcnews.go.com
Militants raided a Palestinian police station and a local government office on Saturday, as unrest in the Gaza Strip stretched into a second week despite efforts by Yasser Arafat to defuse mounting discontent with his leadership.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If this continues I see a potential civil war erupting in the Palestinian territories. Arafat has pitted his forces against his own people to keep a hold on his own people. Maybe the Palestinian people will get an idea of what is was like to be an Israeli just a few short months back. Poetic justice at its finest.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by J0HNSmith]

[edit on 7-24-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
While I agree with you, I refuse to take any pleasure in the plight of the Palestinian people these days. Arafat's entire "reign" has been a tragedy for his people, not to mention Israel and the rest of the world. I suppose that eventually, a new unified regime may result, but of what character? Possibly, it could be even more hostile. We can only hope that a more reasonable and responsible governance manifests itself... or can we only hope? Can it be influenced? I'd like to hear some opinions on this.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If the violence succeeds in unseating Arafat, then at last the Bush/Sharon collaboration will have accomplished a major goal. They could not simply kill or remove him, he must be removed by his own people.

What follows after Arafat is gone will be the thing to watch.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Maybe they will think of using suicide bombers against themselves (he thought hopefully) just think how quickly that would clean up the middle east sitaution.

IN the West Wing program, a presidential delegation gets blown up in Palastine, one of the charactors thinking his girlfriend was killed in the attack, said "Just kill them all and then kill those who are happy with it"

top topics

join