It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Tornados Hit Near My Home Today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
www.kfvs12.com...

I hope I did the link correctly.

What a day! Most of the damage shown in this link if within a mile to five miles from my home. I feel truly blessed as my home suffered very little damage. There is not a barn left standing in the path of these tornados. Homes damaged all over the place, trees down, mobile homes overturned. The f2 with winds of 120 was within a mile of my home. Very scary day indeed. The good news is, there was no loss of life! There is video in the link that will give you an idea of what it was like!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Did you get any pictures yourself?

Was there any damage to your property?

Glad you are safe!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
sorry..to hear that

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I am certainly grateful there were no deaths.
Right now in NW Florida we are under a tornado watch until about 1 A.M..
This stuff is no fun. I wonder why more folks don't have storm shelters. I'd like one myself. Here in Florida
you could not use one for a hide out during a hurricane because of flooding of course but it might come
in handy otherwise.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

I didn't take pictures. I left work at 530 and flew home. Just some trim torn off the house, privacy fence blown down, tree down and limbs, and my big gas grill picked up off the patio and tossed into the driveway... nothing worth complaining about thankfully! My neighbors porch and half of his roof was torn off and further down the road, another neighbor lost the top half of his house and his barns... we were lucky!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

I told my husband that I was having a shelter if I had to dig the darn thing myself!! He told me I better get the shovel and get busy! He was teasing of course, but I wasn't!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I find tornadoes to be one of the most fascinating things of mother nature but I would not want to be in the path. Glad to hear that you didn't have any damage and that there were no casualties.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
My whole family was under the watch in Paris, Ky. I was worried all afternoon, until I heard
from my daughter and she said there was a lot of damage from wind but no tornados close
by. Glad you are alright - its that time of year so keep safe.

join