It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper = Stupid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Omg, I am going to rage.

Just watching Anderson Cooper today, just then. He was talking to the famous lady Eman Al-Obeidy. The Libyan woman accusing Gaddafi soldiers of rape. She had escaped and was exclusively talking to CNN's Anderson Cooper on 360. She was tortured and raped and was the big story of the civil unrest.

What has got me so fired up his Anderson's intelligence.

Eman Al-Obeidy was telling exclusively of how she escaped, she told of a 16yo girl that was also held captive. She was not bound because she gave up and wasn't resisting being raped or sodomized. This 16yo let Eman Al-Obeidy free. Gave Eman Al-Obeidy her details. Family, home address and phone numbers. The 16yo did not want to escape she was too scared. All she wanted was for Eman Al-Obeidy to tell the authorities.

So my beef is....

Why in the world would Anderson Cooper allow this to be mentioned on his show. Does he not think.

That 16yo is doomed.

There is no way Gaddafi soldiers aren't going to find out it was her that helped Eman Al-Obeidy escape.

Mainstream media is so stupid. Anderson should be sacked.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Or this whole story could be a contrived piece of western media propaganda used to push forward an agenda. It's interesting that she will only talk to CNN, it looked in the videos as if she wanted to blurt out her story to the whole world as loud as possible.

Maybe she really did go through all that she is claiming to have been through. I won't say that I'm completely convinced of that, however. As for the 16 year old, if she exists, I feel bad for her, and I hope that Ghaddafi regime comes clean and lets her go.

*Maybe Anderson knew that he didn't have to worry about endangering that girl, simply because she doesn't exist.
edit on 4-4-2011 by nwdogg1982 because: edit line

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's a fake "human interest" story that gives a face to the Libyan war. Kinda like the 1rst Gulf War, where G Bush # 1 used the girl from Kuwait to say that the invading Iraqi's were throwing babies out of incubators. Turned out to be a lie and the "Kuwati girl" was coached on what to say. I agree with nwdogg.
edit on 4-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Screaming loudly and telling as many people as possible is not how most people respond to extreme trauma.
I am no supporter of Gaddafi and whatever would display him in a positive light, however I don't believe this story.

The woman's reactions just don't fit to someone who has been through something that traumatic. Either she is lying in order to attract attention, or she is a tool by the media to create scandal.

I don't accept what I am told unless substantial proof and/or good reasoning is presented, this story has neither.

edit: Oh. And rape comes hand in hand with war. It is one of the reasons war is terrible. If this war in Lybia happened without a single woman being raped it would probably be the first war in the history of humanity without it.
edit on 4-4-2011 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwdogg1982
Or this whole story could be a contrived piece of western media propaganda used to push forward an agenda. It's interesting that she will only talk to CNN, it looked in the videos as if she wanted to blurt out her story to the whole world as loud as possible.

Maybe she really did go through all that she is claiming to have been through. I won't say that I'm completely convinced of that, however. As for the 16 year old, if she exists, I feel bad for her, and I hope that Ghaddafi regime comes clean and lets her go.

*Maybe Anderson knew that he didn't have to worry about endangering that girl, simply because she doesn't exist.
edit on 4-4-2011 by nwdogg1982 because: edit line

Yeah I did think about the fact that she might not exist and that she didn't need to escape. It's all possible. But even just the thought of him being oblivious and/or doing the wrong thing. Regardless if it's the truth or not, he should be sacked or punished.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
No worries about all the women being raped and murdered on the Ivory Coast though. Oops they're just Christians so who cares.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well lets see. Anderson Cooper studies with the CIA for two years then decides I want to be a journalist even though he never went to school for it?
en.wikipedia.org...

During college, he spent two summers as an intern at the Central Intelligence Agency. Although he technically has no formal journalistic education, he opted to pursue a career in journalism rather than stay with the agency after school,[9] having been a self-proclaimed "news junkie" since he was, "in utero."[

edit on 4-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What, you mean Andersoon Cooper, the "former" CIA asset, has a breaking news story that helps dehumanize our new enemies?

Color me completely shocked.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I watched that interview with AC, the video of the fracas in the hotel, the statements by the Libyan government spokespersons, the rallies for her in the rebel controlled east, the statement her father gave and all the rest that has been offered by the media.

My impressions are that it is not orchestrated... I believe her. I also believe her name will become a rallying cry for the rebels, which is something they dearly need.

About the 16 year old- I don't doubt she's in danger, after all, she's being held prisoner somewhere and may already be deceased. AC could have cut out the identifying info, but didn't. Not cool.

For all his sad puppy dog eyes and creased brow, AC, imo, is just another talking head trying hard to not seem pleased while covering a story about sex and violence. That's the news for you. If it bleeds, it leads and this story is awash in blood and tears.

In other news...
edit on 4/4/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
What, you mean Andersoon Cooper, the "former" CIA asset, has a breaking news story that helps dehumanize our new enemies?

Color me completely shocked.

I didn't know that. You guys here at ATS are awesome. He is so suss. He was in Egypt very quickly too.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Former CIA and gay? I knew I didn't like him!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Try to stay on-topic. This thread is about Anderson Cooper. There are 5 threads on Ivory Coast from the past week.

Addressing the OP: Was the interview live? If so, what could Cooper have done about it? It's horrible that the girl will likely be hurt, but it's not Cooper's fault.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Try to stay on-topic. This thread is about Anderson Cooper. There are 5 threads on Ivory Coast from the past week.

Addressing the OP: Was the interview live? If so, what could Cooper have done about it? It's horrible that the girl will likely be hurt, but it's not Cooper's fault.

Yes it was live, as live as CNN gets they delay by seconds, minutes. Cooper could have not allowed it to go ahead or had her not talk about it. he doesn't even flinch and realize what he is doing. Totally Andersons fault.

and who are you on your day off. This is my thread if ATS wants to talk about ivory coasts rape cases too. Then it's fine. It's all relevant. Anderson Cooper isn't covering that.

He should be sacked.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

My impressions are that it is not orchestrated... I believe her. I also believe her name will become a rallying cry for the rebels, which is something they dearly need.

Well sadly i do believe its orchestrated its only CNN she would speak to and that the fact she wants to see Hillary Clintion one day?
that rises alot of questions and that she then was beaten again by Qatar troops i believe?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

Anderson doesn't make that call. The producers of the program do that and they have a whole legal department that underwrites and vets such stuff. Propaganda at it's finest if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Wow, thanks for the info! I've always been a little leary of AC because he's a Vanderbilt, I find the combination of old money & journalism very curious. After your revelation here I did a little looking around myself and I'm sure you would not be surprised to find out he attended Yale and is a reported member of Skull & Bones.

I found an intresting article regarding Anderson Cooper and George Bushs use of the CIA & journalistic spies here . Worth the quick read.

Sorry to go off topic a tad but wanted to say I appreciated these revelations. I won't let his charasmatic smile fool me anymore. Between his awkward, comical chemistry with Kathy Griffin on New Years Eve and his heart breaking/warmning stories in Haiti - he had me snowed!

top topics

join