It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC bill threatens to criminalize naturopaths, homeopaths, herbalists and others as felons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Time to move, this sh!t is getting old.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

thank you for the link!

i truly despise monsanto.

I want to just protest at their headquarters. and cause a big stink. i wanna cut thru the paper work & go straight for the beast!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I guess big pharma needs more money huh.

This is ridiculous! I prefer natural remedies and herbs. I guess I would be considered a felon, yet big pharma produces the most potent and deadly drugs out there and they are considered "safe." WTH!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Greetings,
Well the list could have been longer, it could have included Rife technology machines. But then. big brother, FDA, took care of that one and with trumped up charges put the largest distributor of this technology in federal prison.

When are we going to have our rebellion?
Don't wait too long, I'm 73 and I want to see it happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Just like the Gov't and BIG Pharm to team up and do something like this. THIS is what Obama-care is bringing us........more control over our lives. Total BS!!!

I went to massage school and learned all about the dangers of "modern western medicine" Traditional Chinese Medicine which has been around for OVER 5,000 years, treats the body first with Massage, Shiatsu, and Accupuncture. Then it moves on to herbs and teas. Only if those therapies don't work do they move on to "westen chemicles". Ever notice NOT MANY Orientals die from horrible diseases. They know to heal the body from within.
When is America gonna wake up and see that putting harmful toxins INTO the body to "hide" symptoms, just create new side effects is killing the human body?? I HATE CORPORATE GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Big Pharmaceuticals is most definitely behind this bill. I'm really really sick of these guys. The drugs they put on the market have not been suitably tested which they don't care because the pay-off far exceeds the lawsuit. When the drug hits Wall-Street it makes a killing until it starts to kill and then they kill the stock.

I used the key words, *Pharmaceutical lawsuits* and these are all the hits. And that's just using 1 term.

3,890,000 results for
Pharmaceuticals Laws…

Yahoo search results for Pharm Lawsuits

I have *Pain Management* issues so I see a Dr. on a regular basis. 3-4yrs ago my Dr. was on a ti-raid to get me off a low-grade narcotic, *Lortab 10* 140 pills @ 60.00$ without Ins. (I want to give without INS cost to prove a point) He insisted that I go on *Oxycontin* which is a high-grade Narcotic and can be dangerous. 60 pills @ 860.00$. He said the DEA were pushing them into doing this. They wanted people on the Oxy because it was a longer acting drug and they felt the Lortab was a shorter acting drug and therefore???? Since when did DEA start taking Medical class's to prescribe drugs? In my opinion the DEA, Federal Govn't, are legal Street thugs.

Here in Montana we passed Medical Mary-Jane. We, the Majority of the People, voted to have medical Marijuana legalized for an assortment of issues and one being... Instead of taking Narcotic after Narcotic mix the 2 and you're not putting as much crap into you're system. I would much rather smoke a joint at nite before bed then taking a Pain Killer or a sleeping pill.

Anyways, the few that were against this bill are managing to over-turn what the majority voted for. Before the ruling was even over-turned the Feds and the DEA came in to legal business's that followed all the rules according to the State, and confiscated everything. In a lot of cases these people lost everything. Our local cops babysat outside the premises of these places while these *MF'er's* ruined peoples lives and went against the Majority of the People!!

Side Note** I tried to warn these people not to get their cards because until this fight is won for our benefit the DEA, FEDS, LOCAL POLICE, will use it against you. I've been smoking for over 20yrs. I even turned a cop on to it..lol and I have never been busted for being a casual smoker.

Our Country is now a dictatorship. When we called the White House and demanded that they NOT bail out the banks and the car industry they turned the phones off and threatened Congress with Congressional Martial Law if they did NOT comply to and sign the bill. When the Majority of Montanans vote to legalize Medical Mary-Jane and a few select turn the bill over and blatantly get the law over-turned... that's a dictatorship!

I despise the pharmaceutical companies. They've been killing people for years and now look what they're doing...Evil Evil has taken over. Grass Roots no longer run this Country... Big Business, Big Banks and Wall Street own us now. They've been slowly developing and sneaking their people in to take over and when people started waking up it was to late. They're just like cockroaches...if you let them go and fester they over-ride you're whole living space and eventually will kill you if not taken care of!

*squash*
edit on 5-4-2011 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Woo hoo for the fellow Montanans! This is more than just the pharmacies pushing there drugs at us, it is another way for the government to control us. Every time something like this gets passed we the people get pushed farther and farther into slavery. Its the darn snowball affect! Screw the government! I say we ditch the system as a whole and get back to the basics! easier said than done...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Meanwhile, drugs produced by Pharma are fast-tracked through approval based on how big a check the company is willing to write, regardless of whether they actually do what they are supposed to (or are even safe to begin with)

It takes roughly 15 years to get a drug from concept to production.

Candidates for a new drug to treat a disease might theoretically include from 5,000 to 10,000 chemical compounds. On average about 250 of these will show sufficient promise for further evaluation using laboratory tests, mice and other test animals. Typically, about ten of these will qualify for tests on humans

The development of new drugs costs a fortune

Studies published in 2003 report an average pre-tax cost of approximately $800 million to bring a new drug (i.e. a drug with a new chemical entity) to market

A study published in 2006 estimates that costs vary from around $500 million to $2 billion depending on the therapy or the developing firm

The success rate varies for each drug, but it is generally low.

A study conducted by the Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development covering the 1980s and 1990s found that only 21.5 percent of drugs that start phase I trials are eventually approved for marketing.

Drug Development

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Too much redundancy in this thread..

I think I'll join in the outrage.

Good thing I bout all those homeopathic cures. I mean why would I want medicine with actual active ingredients?

Who needs your medicine to do something!
I'm sure there is no other side to this bill, as to why these practices would want to be banned. It must surely be big pharma.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Well, I know you deserve a star griffo..

So there you go.
I'll look into this bill later and see why they want to ban it.
And to the poster that suggested becoming a Naturopath: Either A) It's just that easy. or B) Have fun in some medical school.
I've always seen Naturopaths as people that are just mad they didn't choose to actually go into medicine, so they need to spend their time slamming medicine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join