It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation well above drinking water level limit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The title should include rad ''levels in rainwater'' well above drinking level limit. Can a mod please fix this for me. Thanks.

Radiation Found In San Francisco, CA Tap Water — Rainwater Radiation 18,100% Above Drinking Water Limit

Despite countless reassurances that no harmful levels of radiation from the Japan nuclear fallout would hit the US from the EPA, the University of Berkley in California is now reporting that rainwater in San Francisco water has now been detected at levels 18,100% above federal drinking water standards.

link

There are some really good links also on this guys page, worth a read either way.
It all has really stopped suprising me anymore....
edit on 4/4/2011 by TheSilverGate because: edit of title

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Is this guy credible?

Who is he?

Anybody can make a blog. . .

I clicked on 'about' and it crashed my browser.
edit on 4/4/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don't completely doubt this but I think
a better source would be good.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

I clicked on 'about' and it crashed my browser.
edit on 4/4/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

Usually not a good sign.

2nd.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
He has the links to his sources and its more than a handful of different ones and im on my mobile so it would be difficult to list each thus i linked to his page.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSilverGate

I know and think they will have to change the acceptable levels again. We wouldn't want people to be drinking water with unacceptable levels or radioactive elements in them now would we.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here are some other links to the same article, however, there are also links to the EPA site with news releases on the subject.

Radiation found in San Fran tap water

UC Berkley Rain Water Sample Results

Press TV Article

I just wanted to give the OP some other sources for his thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I just wonder why we don't see anything on the local news. Even just to show us measurements from local universities showing that the wind isn't carrying crap over to us on the other side of the jetstream from one of the worst nuclear accidents of all time.

I mean crap, they go crazy on restaurant health scores and all other manor of minor threats (tonight was the mold menace.)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Neat, but it seems you would have to kill yourself 150 times over by drinking the stuff just in order to get the same radiation you'd get from a cross country flight.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Neat, but it seems you would have to kill yourself 150 times over by drinking the stuff just in order to get the same radiation you'd get from a cross country flight.

Wrong. This is one of the lies being told by the media. Ingesting radiation from drinking water is a whole different ballgame compared to external exposure.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

pstuph.wordpress.com...

Is a credible source with breaking stories and a variety of links.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by TheSilverGate

I know and think they will have to change the acceptable levels again. We wouldn't want people to be drinking water with unacceptable levels or radioactive elements in them now would we.

It's a MIRACLE, ain't it? What used to be dangerous is now... *drum-roll, please* ...jes as healthy as Ma's apple pie!

Seriously, I want a breakdown RIGHT NOW of exactly WHAT kind of radiation is being found WHERE in the US. How much iodine-131? Plutonium? Has that been detected in the US? Oh my *sigh* they never give us the details we deserve to know!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I work with radiation on a daily basis and I can tell you with al honesty that any level of radiation is bad bad bad. No matter what you here about what is safe and what is not. It is bad. That is where we have ALIRA which means that we try to get the radiation as low as reasonably achievable because we know it is bad and sometimes to do a job it is accepted that we may be exposed . Though it is bad we try to limit your exposure by putting barriers up to pretect you. WHY.

Because it is scientificly proven that when your exposed to radiation it ruins your dna and causes cells to become rouge where they turn ito a cancerous cell. Most of the time your body will destroy it but sometimes it doesn't.

I know people who have worked in the field who have died from cancer try telling them that the low levels they recieved over a 20 year period was ok.

That is why they set up these oraganitions to protect people from corperation exposing there employees to high levels of the stuff.

It is bad and has been proven and for them to change the levels is unbelieveable. I still cannot get over it.

it would be like the stuff I work on is suppose to be a min .2uR at the surface measure 6 inchec off the surface.

It would be like them say well we are raising the limit to 1uR now. Do you think I am going top get down there and say well since you tell me it is ok now do you think I would expose my self to that knowing it is as bad as it is.

HELL NO.

new topics

top topics

join