It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity - A Religion of Death Part I

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Christianity – A Religion of Death
Part I – The Doctrine of Death

Christianity is easily one of the most popular religions in the world today. At 2.1 billion, Christians comprise about 33% of the world’s population and this faith is also the most widely practiced religion in America. While many people claim allegiance to the doctrines of the Christian church, the truth is that very few people truly understand it’s teachings or the implications of what is preached in it’s churches. Many people operate under the false assumption that Christianity is a religion of peace, love and openness but a brief study of some of it’s central beliefs will show this to be false.

The most fundamental belief of most Christians, especially those claiming to be “born again”, is the idea that Christ will come again to judge the sinners of the world and bring his true followers into an everlasting paradise. This isn’t the doctrine taught to new converts as they are usually presented with a very simple understanding of Christ and his teachings as recorded in the Gospels. This doctrine of the second coming of Christ is reserved for those “true believers”, those followers who have proven themselves as true disciples of the Christian Church.

The reason why this belief in the second coming is so critical to the belief system of modern Christians is because it reinforces the true nature of the religion as a whole. Far from being a religion of peace, love and life, the Christian Church teaches a doctrine of division and death. The concept of the second coming, of the Tribulation and the Rapture, is so necessary because it legitimizes the obvious divisiveness of many of the Church’s teachings. A proper understanding of this doctrine of death is so important because it sheds light upon the true nature of the Christian Church and many of it’s followers.

Many people who lack a proper understanding of the true nature of what is called Christianity find it hard to reconcile the actions of Christians with the supposed belief system they follow. This is because they have bought into the idea that Christianity is a religion of love yet they see it’s followers spewing hate and condemning those around them. Were they to connect the obvious clues with that which is spouted from the pulpit, they would soon come to understand Christians as following a doctrine of death and praying for the destruction of the world.

Christians believe that the period of time directly preceding the second coming is known as “The Tribulation”. This period of tribulation is, in fact, a period of great horror and destruction, of agony and suffering for all man kind. It is during this Tribulation that Christians believe all the sinners of the world will be punished and tortured, that empires will fall and all will be destroyed. This is the “Salvation of the World” that the Christian Church speaks of. What many people don’t understand is that Christians aren’t simply waiting around for the second coming but they are actively praying for it and doing everything in their power to make it happen.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The Tribulation is one of the core beliefs of the Christian religion and is the basis for much of what is practiced with in it. Far from fearing this period of horror and death, Christians eagerly await the second coming and delight in fantasies about the torture of sinners. One of the most popular series of books among Christians, in fact, deals with this period of death in brutal and horrific detail. When someone manages to get past the simplistic explanation of Christianity fed to those ignorant of it’s deeper teachings, it becomes quite plain to see that, far from loving life and their fellow man, Christians follow a doctrine of death and pray for the horrific destruction of the world.

Religious beliefs are one thing, as they will often seem quite odd to those outside of a certain faith. What should truly concern people is the fact that Christians operate under the command of these death obsessed people. The simple fact is that, to them, non-Christians are evil and deserve to be tortured and burned. This belief results in a complete division, a separation, of Christians from the unbelieving sinners and causes Christians to elevate themselves above their fellow man. If you aren’t a Christian then you have billions of people praying for your brutal murder and eternal torture.

On the surface, when taken only from the Gospels, the teachings of Jesus are truly quite peaceful and center mostly around the love of one’s fellow man. The Church that has been built around the subsequent books of the New Testament, however, is far from this unifying concept of love for all and, in reality, teaches a divisive doctrine of death and horror save for those who truly believe. There are many in government, the military and even our educational system, who follow this doctrine and believe in what is taught in the churches. There are people in positions of real and immediate Earthly power who eagerly anticipate the destruction of the world and all with in it.

While this idea may be worrying enough, it is important to understand that most Christians today believe we are currently approaching this period of tribulation. Churches all across the country, both large and small, are teaching their congregation that the end is near, that the expected destruction of the world is at hand. The real reason that people should be concerned becomes obvious when you consider that many of those in true positions of power are convinced that the end of the world is near. When you understand that the followers of the Christian doctrine of death are operating under the belief that the destruction of non-Christians is at hand, one can’t help but worry about those who have gained power, about the 2.1 billion people who are followers of this faith.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
An obvious question arises when confronted with this knowledge and that is the question of why these people do not fear the end of the world. The truth is that most Christians are also taught to believe in the Rapture. During this Rapture, all true Christians will be brought up into the sky and will be safe from all the suffering and destruction being brought upon the non-Christians. These same people who pray daily for the destruction of the world also believe that they will not have to suffer through it. This is, perhaps, the most worrying aspect of the entire doctrine of destruction. There are people who have come into positions of enough power to actually cause the destruction of all life. These people who believe the end of the world is nigh and believe it is their duty, as Christians, to make this a reality also believe they will not have to endure it’s horrors.

While respect for other’s beliefs is important and the freedom of religion is one of the core values of the American constitution, we must ask ourselves if it is wise to allow such a dangerous doctrine to be taught. When we consider the fact that there are billions of people, some very powerful and commanding great wealth, that are actively trying to bring about the destruction of the world, we must question the rationality of allowing this to go on unchallenged. We must ask ourselves if we will let death obsessed people bring about the destruction of all life on Earth simply because we don’t’ wish to infringe on anyone’s personal beliefs.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i love people like you

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
wow....I think I love you.

I mean....

Good post!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

Thank you, I'm just trying to help spread the truth.

reply to post by Jefferton

Thank you, you can expect more in the near future.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
get over it and respect peoples choice of whom they wish to follow...find another topic

whoops missed this part of the post "On the surface, when taken only from the Gospels, the teachings of Jesus are truly quite peaceful and center mostly around the love of one’s fellow man"
I'll agree with that...sorry
edit on 4-4-2011 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Very good post. However I do believe in needs to be said that all Christians are not fundamentalists. A lot of Christians today do not even believe the bible should not be taken literally. It is up to the believers to recognize the faults of their ethos and be able to change those tenants of their faith which are detrimental to the world.

There is a lot going on right now which has driven people to become more radical and extreme. I believe this is due to the slow destruction of the religions, which is being slowly replaced by secular belief and scientific curiosity which is discovering and explaining things faster than religions can keep up with refuting or explaining them.

All in all it is wrong for any faith to preach hate or to believe that God chooses sides. The message of christianity today is this and I quote Bill Hicks.

"Eternal suffering await all who question Gods infinite love."

hmmm hypocrisy is killing our world.

edit on 4-4-2011 by Openeye because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
get over it and respect peoples choice of whom they wish to follow...find another topic

Perhaps you should have read the entire article before passing judgment. You'll find that I close it with this paragraph:

While respect for other’s beliefs is important and the freedom of religion is one of the core values of the American constitution, we must ask ourselves if it is wise to allow such a dangerous doctrine to be taught. When we consider the fact that there are billions of people, some very powerful and commanding great wealth, that are actively trying to bring about the destruction of the world, we must question the rationality of allowing this to go on unchallenged. We must ask ourselves if we will let death obsessed people bring about the destruction of all life on Earth simply because we don’t’ wish to infringe on anyone’s personal beliefs.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So what your saying is your against Christ and your hatred for Christians will bring about the end of the world?

spoken like a true muslim wrath filled goat... There is a reason you feel this way... lol
edit on 4-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: .

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
First off, S&F for you!

Second, some personal experience with the cult of death known as evangelical christianity.

I spent most of last year attending an evangelical christian church. To all outward appearances, they seem to be kind, loving, peaceful, and patriotic people. I volunteered to assist with the set up for a Memorial Day Weekend event (which was very good, btw), and there were a few things I noticed during this time.

We made a ton of sandbags (bark chip, actually) that we put all around areas of the church.
We put up camo throughout the church.
There were a lot of guns. I mean, a LOT of guns. The pastor's office looked like a small armory.
There were some skits as part of the event, including a Vietnam-era patrol (complete with pyrotechnics) that some of the younger guys took part in.

As I said, it was all done very well, and it occurred to me that it made a pretty good dry-run for dealing with an emergency (used to be a combat readiness instructor, so I kinda see things). I asked how long they'd been doing the event, and turns out they've been training people...er, performing for over a decade (same head pastor for 20 years).

I also noticed the pastor's son (also a pastor) has a hummer with (no joke) ammo-belt style door latches. He's also a big-time gun nut (married to the daughter of a pentagon colonel, and went to Quantico with some of his Marine buddies to go on their shooting course).

Now, I know we have a lot of survivalist types on here that are probably thinking "cool" right about now.

But wait, there's more.

In January, the pastor began to tell the flock about "visions" he had. The first one went, nearly like this:

"I found myself in an arena, surrounded by hideous demons in the stands. Satan, as a beast, was in the arena with me, snarling and snapping his teeth. I turned around, not knowing what to do. Jesus was behind me, and I asked him, "What do I do?" Jesus put his cloak on my shoulders and told me to defeat Satan. I turned around and faced Satan. I walked up to him, laid my hands on him, and he fell to the ground." Then he said, "I declare victory in 2011!"

My first thought was "the pastor needs to quit playing dungeons and dragons while smoking crack."

My second thought was "I've got to get the # out of here!" Which I did.

Now I'm in LA looking for work, using up my cash and plastic, but at least I'm not part of the cult of christianity anymore.

Thank God for small favors. Oh, wait...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You could not be further from the truth my friend, christ offers "eternal life," quite the contrary!
There seems to be a lot of anti-christ threads of late, i wonder if this is related to the quran burning by that misguided lot?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Lots of content in your thread but most of the 'religion of death' theme boils down to the following so that is what I will focus on:

If you aren’t a Christian then you have billions of people praying for your brutal murder and eternal torture.

No, sorry, man. That's just not true. I'm sure there are some Christians who are gleefully rubbing their hands at the thought of 'sinners getting their comeuppance on judgment day.' But no way most of them, nevertheless all of them. What do you think we're doing here? Most Christians actually try to reach out to the lost and save them. This is why we have the Bible translated into countless languages, evangelists all over the world, Christian outreach centers, mission websites, churches, Christian media productions, etc.

Anyways, that's all I have to say and I won't be back to the thread so feel free to dissect the above. Some may say we do the above for 'control' and that more conversions equals more money and domination. And I'm sure some claimed Christians DO have that intent.

But most don't and I say that pretty confidently. And, yes, many of us believe in the end times. Some have a different 'past tense' outlook on prophecy but most believe it is still yet future. Don't know what to tell you there. I know some may see us as a doomsday cult because of that but it is what it is. That is why so many of us try to warn others with regards to what's ahead. We don't have secret meetings where we discuss all the 'beautiful' ways those sinners will be toasted.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

I do understand that the majority of Christians aren't fully aware of the doctrines taught by the Church. More over, I fully respect and accept the validity of most other people's personal conceptualization of God because I've found that it is often free of dogma.

There are those, however, who are quite radical and there are those who will perpetuate this doctrine of destruction with the greatest of intentions simply because they have been misled. I believe that the growth of fundamentalism in the religion of Christianity is due to the illusion of division imposed on society as a control mechanism. People are polarized into groups such as atheists and Christians, propaganda convinces both sides that the other is planning their destruction and the natural outcome is that of fundamentalism and vehement division. Each side is fueling the other and this constant fight between the two sides creates an effective means of control for those in power on both sides.

This is, in essence, the theory of "Divide and conquer" in action.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I just don't understand how anyone can believe in a god... and not go through life without thinking about where we came from, but I guess that's because it wasn't beat into my head.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thank you for your biased anti-Christian thread. Now kindly take off the blind fold and actually read up on the true nature of your reality rather than follow the opinion you've formed from observing bad seeds.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
So what your saying is your against Christ and your hatred for Christians will bring about the end of the world?

spoken like a true muslim wrath filled goat... There is a reason you feel this way... lol
edit on 4-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: .

I find it hard to believe that you've read the entire article and even if you did you have obviously failed to fully understand it. Perhaps the future articles will help elucidate things for you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Awesome you managed to sum up a great deal of thoughts I have had on the issue in well written essay.
I'm really glad that you wrote this and did so in a way that does not seem like attack but opens up the topic for debate.
I have get chills at the idea that the religious right would like to get more power yet they would have no problem with bringing about the destruction of the world because it fits into their belief system

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Thank you for sharing this story. This sort of thing is exactly what I find so worrisome about the propagation of this doctrine of death and destruction.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
You could not be further from the truth my friend, christ offers "eternal life," quite the contrary!
There seems to be a lot of anti-christ threads of late, i wonder if this is related to the quran burning by that misguided lot?

The Christian Church promises "eternal life" for the true believers only. The sinners shall suffer and burn in agony for all eternity. These sinners comprise the entire population of the planet unless they truly believe in the teachings of the Church. Most Christians, in fact, do not even believe that other Christians are true believers and believe they will suffer in damnation with the rest of the sinners.

So yes, the Church says Christ offers "eternal life" but only as long as you follow it's doctrines and practice the atonement necessary to constantly maintain that "promised" salvation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join